Page 78 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 1038

Thread: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

  1. #771
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Nobody should have to live a secret life just to have the same rights as everyone else.

    Would you say we could discriminate against, say, Catholics? They can keep their religion secret too, even pretend to be a different one. Should they be required to?
    You just don't get it and you never will..........To compare the plight of gays to blacks is ludicrous....

    What are you talking about? what planet are you from.......Cathlics do what?????????????????????????????????????????????

    I am a Roman Catholic and I won't even dignify that with and answer except you really have a problem.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #772
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You just don't get it and you never will..........To compare the plight of gays to blacks is ludicrous....
    Nobody is "comparing" the severity of their plight. But they were both discriminated against, and those who did so used very similar arguments for the discrimination. I know, that requires some subtle thinking, but try it.

    What are you talking about? what planet are you from.......Cathlics do what?????????????????????????????????????????????

    I am a Roman Catholic and I won't even dignify that with and answer except you really have a problem.............
    Good. That's perfect. Then settle down and consider my question.

    Suppose someone suggested a "don't ask don't tell" policy for Catholics? You can serve, as long as you don't tell anyone you are Catholic. You can easily hide it. What would you say? After you freaked out, I mean?

    Would you say it's just as wrong as discriminating against blacks was? Yes? Or would you say it was okay because you just can't compare it to what blacks went through?

    It's a hypothetical. Nobody is suggesting we actually do this, remember.

  3. #773
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Nobody is "comparing" the severity of their plight. But they were both discriminated against, and those who did so used very similar arguments for the discrimination. I know, that requires some subtle thinking, but try it.



    Good. That's perfect. Then settle down and consider my question.

    Suppose someone suggested a "don't ask don't tell" policy for Catholics? You can serve, as long as you don't tell anyone you are Catholic. You can easily hide it. What would you say? After you freaked out, I mean?

    Would you say it's just as wrong as discriminating against blacks was? Yes? Or would you say it was okay because you just can't compare it to what blacks went through?

    It's a hypothetical. Nobody is suggesting we actually do this, remember.
    So you have a problem with Roman Catholics and their so called secrecy huh?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #774
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Nobody is "comparing" the severity of their plight. But they were both discriminated against, and those who did so used very similar arguments for the discrimination. I know, that requires some subtle thinking, but try it.



    Good. That's perfect. Then settle down and consider my question.

    Suppose someone suggested a "don't ask don't tell" policy for Catholics? You can serve, as long as you don't tell anyone you are Catholic. You can easily hide it. What would you say? After you freaked out, I mean?

    Would you say it's just as wrong as discriminating against blacks was? Yes? Or would you say it was okay because you just can't compare it to what blacks went through?

    It's a hypothetical. Nobody is suggesting we actually do this, remember.
    Yes someone was comparing their plight.....He even listed the things they went through (forgot slavery though) I repeat since you are speaking for him, there is no comparison...........

    That is ridiculous......where do you come up with this **** at.........Do you have any idea how it hurts what little creditability you might have? You are starting to sound like Hatuey......
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 02-04-10 at 06:20 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #775
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Folks, this is not about Navy Pride. Please do not turn it into that. He served his country, that is a worthy and honorable thing to do. He is wrong on this issue, but don't go after his service.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #776
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Folks, this is not about Navy Pride. Please do not turn it into that. He served his country, that is a worthy and honorable thing to do. He is wrong on this issue, but don't go after his service.
    As long as he doesn't use his service experience to back up his claims, I completely agree.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #777
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Folks, this is not about Navy Pride. Please do not turn it into that. He served his country, that is a worthy and honorable thing to do. He is wrong on this issue, but don't go after his service.
    Thank you I think for the first part but how can you say I am wrong on the issue.......R U and authority on it.......Sorry but you were on 1 ship a floating city with all the comforts of home.....With all respect you have no clue what its like on those destroyers that are in your screen and you can barely see them when your on the flight deck .......you were attached to and air wing that joined with the ship on deployment and left it on return............I am not saying there is no problem with lesbians aboard ship but it is not frowned upon like gay men.........In fact a lot of men think its a joke and get a kick out of it...In fact we used to watch Lesbian movies in the Chiefs Quarters..........I don't say that is right but that is the way it is........
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 02-04-10 at 06:34 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #778
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    As long as he doesn't use his service experience to back up his claims, I completely agree.
    You can counter his experiences by pointing out that anecdotal evidence is worthless. No need to get into his service.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #779
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Hey Navy,

    Are you going to ignore this forever?

    How are these 2 situations NOT similar:

    1) Sailor Sam has to cover for Sailor Sally because she is pregnant.

    2) Sailors Sam, Sally, Steve, Scott and Seth have to go on a mission designed for 6, with only 5, because the Navy kicked sailor Samantha out for being gay. There is no immediate replacement with Samantha's level of training and experience. Oh yeah, sailor Samantha was the squad leader.


    Do you think kicking trained, experienced men and women out of the service has a negative impact on those left behind?
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  10. #780
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    As long as he doesn't use his service experience to back up his claims, I completely agree.
    But I do use my service experience to back up what its like.....Otherwise I would not know like you.....You have no clue because you haven't experienced it...........Everyone should serve and spend 90 days at sea on a navy destroyer, then I would have more respect for their opinion..........Bring the draft back............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 78 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •