Page 31 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 1038

Thread: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

  1. #301
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    And the majority of people aren't homophobic. In fact a small percentage are. You among them. What exactly is your point?
    I personally did not know any that were homophobic but then gays are not allowed to serve openly and for morale readiness and cohesion it should stay that way...........Its easy for someone like you who has no clue what it is like to run his mouth and the issue......Your not in..........you don't go to sea for up to 90 days at a time............Its no skin off your ass.........

    If you were in the military you might not be so tolerant...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #302
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    08-26-17 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    192

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    I'm not a friend of political correctness. I can easily work with gays in the workplace and have without any issues as long as they are all professional in conduct. And will be friendly and considerate with them socially within the workplace or in public, but outside those areas I choose to avoid homosexuals because I do not trust them. Its a underlying subtle homophobia much the same as as I would not trust certain types of men around my wife or girl friends. I've never had a single gay thought in my life because such has always been a taboo much like incest. And I am not afraid to say that I do not approve of the homosexual lifestyle. Not that I think such ought not be allowed as what is behind closed doors out of sight, out of mind, within their own clubs and gatherings, is their private business. But within our heterosexual dominant society and culture, I do not want to hear it, see it, or think about it because it is disgusting to this person. And like the many others like me acting gay or flaunting such can provoke violent tendencies. Accordingly I do not want to ever see homosexuals making out in public or on tv nor allow children to. So allowed yes, equal rights in public no.

    Now given my honest conservative viewpoint above, I would agree to allow gays in the military however not without restrictions. I've been in the military and there were always some young men that were hot headed, emotional, with a tendency to be violent. Putting gays in with such groups is certain to cause problems. So gays might be allowed in certain technical career fields and stateside desk jobs where they are not having to live in close quarters with lower level enlisted men some of which are certain to have similar attitude as this person.
    Last edited by 70s_guy; 01-30-10 at 12:42 AM.

  3. #303
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    If you are going to claim he is homophobic you better be able to prove it.

    Lets see your evidence. Show us where he has said he is afraid of homosexuals.

    Direct quotes.
    Don't worry about it...........Its Hatuey......we spar like this all the time until we get gigged by the mods...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #304
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Don't worry about it...........Its Hatuey......we spar like this all the time until we get gigged by the mods...........
    If you say so. But throwing out false accusations especially that one without evidence is really low.
    Last edited by texmaster; 01-30-10 at 12:35 AM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #305
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by 70s_guy View Post
    I'm not a friend of political correctness. I can easily work with gays in the workplace and have without any issues as long as they are all professional in conduct. And will be friendly and considerate with them socially within the workplace or in public, but outside those areas I choose to avoid homosexuals because I do not trust them. Its a underlying subtle homophobia much the same as as I would not trust certain types of men around my wife or girl friends. I've never had a single gay thought in my life because such as always been a taboo much like incest. And I am not afraid to say that I do not approve of the homosexual lifestyle. Not that I think such ought not be allowed as what is behind closed doors out of sight, out of mind, within their own clubs and gatherings, is their private business. But within our heterosexual dominant society and culture, I do not want to hear it, see it, or think about it because it is disgusting to this person. And like the many others like me acting gay or flaunting such can provoke violent tendencies. Accordingly I do not want to ever see homosexuals making out in public or on tv nor allow children to. So allowed yes, equal rights in public no.

    Now given my honest conservative viewpoint above, I would agree to allow gays in the military however not without restrictions. They ought to be allowed in certain technical career fields and stateside desk jobs where they are not having to live in close quarters with lower level enlisted men some of which are certain to have similar attitude as this person.
    I to have have worked with gays at work.....In fact there was computer type where I worked whom I was good friends with..He is a hell of a guy and sadly he lost his partner to AIDS awhile back....I attended the funeral....I have no problem working with him but after work we go our separate ways...We don't shower or sleep together.........Huge difference if you in the Navy.....that is 24/7 that you will spend with other sailors......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #306
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    If you say so. But throwing out false accusations especially that one without evidence is really low.
    Thank you my friend............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What happens when a white soldier doesn't want to serve with black soldiers? Well there is your answer.
    Okay, so we court-martial them for discrimination (which may result in a discharge). Only problem is, there might be a lot of court-martials. How do you suppose that would effect their unit cohesiveness?

  8. #308
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Okay, so we court-martial them for discrimination (which may result in a discharge). Only problem is, there might be a lot of court-martials. How do you suppose that would effect their unit cohesiveness?
    In my 21 years in the service I have never seen a case where a sailor got courtmartialed because he did not want to serve with and african american.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #309
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Straight men and women in the US military are apparently not professional enough to serve alongside gay men and women without there being detriment to unit cohesion. Of course, the militarys of 24 other nations are professional enough to allow straight men and women to serve alongside gay men and women without there being a detriment to unit cohesion, but the United State military is just so inferior to those other nation's militarys, that our servicemen and servicewomen can be thwarted from fulfilling their mission just because gay men and women are serving alongside them.

    Wow, don't I feel safe knowing these people are the ones protecting our country.

  10. #310
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Straight men and women in the US military are apparently not professional enough to serve alongside gay men and women without there being detriment to unit cohesion. Of course, the militarys of 24 other nations are professional enough to allow straight men and women to serve alongside gay men and women without there being a detriment to unit cohesion, but the United State military is just so inferior to those other nation's militarys, that our servicemen and servicewomen can be thwarted from fulfilling their mission just because gay men and women are serving alongside them.

    Wow, don't I feel safe knowing these people are the ones protecting our country.
    There is no military in the world like the U.S. Military......Most of them go to work in the morning and come home at night.......They do not have to be the number one police force of the world....

    I still can't get over how people like you who have never served have the gall to tell the military how to run their business........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 31 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •