Page 12 of 104 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 1038

Thread: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

  1. #111
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why do I even bother. Here is a hint: 10 USC Sec. 654 01/06/97 just like I said. Now, you are right, you cannot prove a negative, but you claim that Obama cannot do something, so there must be something(see, a positive) preventing him from doing it. Care to show what that positive something is? No one else is making this claim, so what do you know that no one else does?
    Anyone who has spent more than a few weeks in the military knows that soldiers aren't disciplined, neither judicially, nor non-judicially, using the United States Criminal code. They are disciplined using the regulations and the UCMJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #112
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    I already did, little one. Try thinking about what the words mean as you move your finger across the screen...



    But, see, this is not a discussion about sodomy. This is a discussion about the President's wish to get rid of an ignorant and bigoted military rule (DADT).

    Your only/best argument in support of DADT ("the only thing you need to know") is that sodomy is a crime in the military.

    BUT WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT SODOMY.

    YOU ARE.

    What we have here is a group of people discussing the idea of getting rid of arcane, discriminatory military rules, and you jump up and shout "ZOMG!! SODOMY!!#!"

    There's the connection right there. See it? DADT. DADT. DADT. DADT. SODOMY!!

    So, back to my earlier point: Once we have a baseline reading of incidents of straight sex on the job, we can then properly judge/prosecute all those icky, perverted gay soldiers.

    Since this is your big argument ("SODOMY!@@! ARGGH!@!") please verify for us how often straight people hump like bunnies at every opportunity, even while on the job in the military, so we have a real basis for comparison.



    Or, y'know, you could forget about sodomy being a strictly gay thing.
    It's not a discussion about sodomy, however the military law prohibiting gays from serving openly in the military is Article 125.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #113
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Yes, I know. About 25% from high risk heterosexual contact. Wonder why they don't call it high risk homosexual contact? It just seems funny.......it's been estimated 5% of the population is gay. So....2.5% are homosexual men, however, they account for 45% of Aids cases, 75% of all Aids cases are male. Why is that?



    Then why is it far more male gays contract HIV?
    Well I think you're being evasive here. You already know the answer to that is because of anal sex. Other than sharing needles, anal sex is probably the easiest way to spread the HIV virus.

    EDIT" But apdst is right. This is NOT a discussion about sodomy. It's about Don't Ask Don't Tell.
    Last edited by Winnb; 01-28-10 at 05:55 PM.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  4. #114
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    Fair enough.

    So why would a straight soldier be uncomfortable sharing a room with a gay soldier?
    For the same reason that a gay soldier might be uncomfortable sharing quarters with a straight soldier. That door can and will swing both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #115
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    For the same reason that a gay soldier might be uncomfortable sharing quarters with a straight soldier. That door can and will swing both ways.
    You lost me. What does "that door swings both ways" mean?

    They're both men. Last time I checked they have the same parts. Granted not all parts are the same size...
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  6. #116
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    You lost me. What does "that door swings both ways" mean?

    They're both men. Last time I checked they have the same parts. Granted not all parts are the same size...
    You keep insisting that a [homophobic] straight soldier will the one to request different billets. All I'm saying, is that it might not necessarily be a straight soldier who makes that request. Hence, the door swings both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #117
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You keep insisting that a [homophobic] straight soldier will the one to request different billets. All I'm saying, is that it might not necessarily be a straight soldier who makes that request. Hence, the door swings both ways.
    Okay. That's fine. But I don't think any of that is a reason to keep DADT.

    And I never once used the word homophobic in any post. I'm simply trying to figure out why ending DADT is a bad thing. That's it.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  8. #118
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    I know that. But I want them to admit that. Gays aren't the problem, they never have been. The perception of others toward gay people is the problem.
    Exactly, but this thread (and countless others) reveal that those who are against gays in the military and/or DADT will NEVER admit the problem actually lies with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    And did you notice it's never about gay women? The concern seems to be about gay men. I wonder why that is?
    Two ideas come to mind.

    1. Because girl-on-girl sex is hawt (so, therefore not as gay as guy-on-guy sex?). Silly, but there it is. Straight guys watch gay porn all the time and I assume they'd like to keep doing so, so... vilify gay men, but give gay women a pass. Probably they imagine they'll accidentally stumble onto a couple of gay female soldiers having a pillow fight in their pretty white undies, and a nipple will inadvertently be exposed in the melee. Wouldn't want to see that possibility eradicated, now, would we?

    2. Because we're all a little bit gay, no matter our sexual preference. The military is populated primarily by men, and most men would NEVER admit they've had the occasional homosexual thought.

    Reminds me of a Ron White bit:

    [about his cousin Ray having made a homophobic remark]
    Ron White: I said "We're all gay, buddy. It's just to what degree are you gay." And he goes, "That's bull****, man. I ain't gay at all." And I go "Yeah, you are. And I can prove it." He goes "Fine. Prove it."

    I go, "All right. Do you like porn?" He says "Yeah, I love porn. You know that." I said, "Oh, and do you only watch scenes with two women?" And he goes, "No, I'll watch a man and a woman makin' love." And I say "Oh, and do you like the guy to have a flabby, half-flaccid penis?" And he goes "No, I like big, hard, throbbing cock..."
    [he trails off]
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    But still I'd like an answer on what exactly will go wrong if we end DADT? I realize you're in favor of ending it, but would you care to take a guess?
    We'd be able to end at least some of the bigotry and discrimination in our military, but other than that, I'm baffled. I'm just as interested as you are in responses from the pro-DODT crowd.

  9. #119
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's not a discussion about sodomy
    Yes. I've already explained that to you.

    So why did you bring it up? Why is the fact that "sodomy is a crime in the military" the ONLY thing I need to know about DADT?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    however the military law prohibiting gays from serving openly in the military is Article 125.
    Yes. And we're discussing why it's a bad thing and should be rescinded. Glad you could join us in discussing the actual topic at hand.

  10. #120
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    Okay. That's fine. But I don't think any of that is a reason to keep DADT.


    I think it's exactly why DADT is the most practical policy to deal with gays in the military. Do your job, keep your sex life private--as it should be--and everybody's happy.

    And I never once used the word homophobic in any post. I'm simply trying to figure out why ending DADT is a bad thing. That's it.
    No, but you kept assuming that the straight soldier would be the one with the issues. Your comments speaks for themslves.

    Glinda:1. Because girl-on-girl sex is hawt (so, therefore not as gay as guy-on-guy sex?). Silly, but there it is. Straight guys watch gay porn all the time and I assume they'd like to keep doing so, so... vilify gay men, but give gay women a pass. Probably they imagine they'll accidentally stumble onto a couple of gay female soldiers having a pillow fight in their pretty white undies, and a nipple will inadvertently be exposed in the melee. Wouldn't want to see that possibility eradicated, now, would we?
    And, in my opinion you're going to see more problems with female soldiers than you are male soldiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 12 of 104 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •