Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1038

Thread: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

  1. #1001
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,312

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Coming from a guy who cares more about sexual harassment than the lives of soldiers and civilians.
    You'll say just about anything to make yourself feel right. Won't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #1002
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They're not the only people with language skills. Not necessarily Arabic, as you orginally posted.

    Hate to break it to you, though, while linguists are important, they're not exactly the back bone of the military.
    As I said, please provide your argument that this policy is saving more people than it is killing. I at least can provide a reasoned argument for how this policy is doing more harm than good when it comes to lives. Can you provide evidence that I am wrong? Not only could this be costly in human resources, but it costs half a billion dollars to maintain it. You don't think that money could go to something more useful like say...armor?

  3. #1003
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,312

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    As I said, please provide your argument that this policy is saving more people than it is killing. I at least can provide a reasoned argument for how this policy is doing more harm than good when it comes to lives. Can you provide evidence that I am wrong? Not only could this be costly in human resources, but it costs half a billion dollars to maintain it. You don't think that money could go to something more useful like say...armor?
    So, you think that time spent dealing with sexual harassment cases rather than training for battle is a good thing? Less training means more casualties. Anyone who has spent more than a week in the service already knows that. Obviously, you're not one of those people.

    How much armor could time that is wasted on sexual harassment investigations buy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #1004
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you think that time spent dealing with sexual harassment cases rather than training for battle is a good thing?
    I didn't realize that JAG was torn between training and working on sexual harassment cases.

    Pretty weak.

  5. #1005
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,312

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I didn't realize that JAG was torn between training and working on sexual harassment cases.

    Pretty weak.
    No, but the leaders and commanders who do lead troops in the field will have to attend to those cases and they will definitely be torn between training and working on sexual harrassment cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #1006
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How much armor could time that is wasted on sexual harassment investigations buy?
    Probably a lot less than what is spent on DADT investigations and discharges. At least sexual harassment is a genuine crime, whereas being gay is not. If we were going to waste money on something, I would much prefer it be spent on a crime than because a gay person dared to want to protect their country.

    But thanks for making a good argument for me.

  7. #1007
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,312

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Probably a lot less than what is spent on DADT investigations and discharges. At least sexual harassment is a genuine crime, whereas being gay is not. If we were going to waste money on something, I would much prefer it be spent on a crime than because a gay person dared to want to protect their country.
    In 12 years I never spent time on a DADT case. I spent quite a few hours on sexual harassment and EO cases, however.

    But, hey, it ain't your ass in the grass. Right? You don't give a **** if those soldiers have the proper training, because you'r not going to be one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #1008
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, but the leaders and commanders who do lead troops in the field will have to attend to those cases and they will definitely be torn between training and working on sexual harrassment cases.
    I highly doubt the military is so poorly organized that recruits wouldn't be getting drilled in the morning just because their drill sergeant is testifying in court.

    You are still not making a very strong argument for how this policy is saving lives. To the contrary, you are emphasizing that sexual harassment cases are a greater danger to national security than dismissing vital intelligence units during war. Are you sure you want to continue down this line of reasoning knowing that there are probably servicemen and women out there facepalming as they watch you struggle to justify something so innane?

  9. #1009
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, hey, it ain't your ass in the grass. Right? You don't give a **** if those soldiers have the proper training, because you'r not going to be one of them.
    Not for lack of wanting. They kinda have a policy where they will kick me out the moment they figure out I'm gay. But I guess that works to your advantage. I'm not allowed to criticize the policy that restricts gays from serving because I haven't served, but I can't serve without fearing they find out I'm gay and kick me out. Nice way for you to silence opposition to your views.

  10. #1010
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,312

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I highly doubt the military is so poorly organized that recruits wouldn't be getting drilled in the morning just because their drill sergeant is testifying in court.


    You do understand that basic training is only two months long and that training doesn't end with graduation? You really don't have a clue how the military works, do you?

    You are still not making a very strong argument for how this policy is saving lives. To the contrary, you are emphasizing that sexual harassment cases are a greater danger to national security than dismissing vital intelligence units during war. Are you sure you want to continue down this line of reasoning knowing that there are probably servicemen and women out there facepalming as they watch you struggle to justify something so innane?
    The one thing that your ignorance of the military is proving, is your inability to understand that everyone in the military can be replaced. Our military is no less effective because a few gay soldiers have been discharged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •