Page 10 of 104 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 1038

Thread: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

  1. #91
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,590

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Actually, it's entirely pertinent to your argument.

    You're evidently convinced that gay people hump like bunnies at every opportunity
    , even while on the job in the military. To back up your support of DADT, you used the argument that sodomy is illegal in the military. The use of this as your argument reveals that you equate sodomy with homosexuals ONLY.

    But the real world doesn't turn that way.

    So. I'm asking you to verify for us how often straight people hump like bunnies at every opportunity, even while on the job in the military.

    Once we have a baseline reading of incidents of straight sex on the job, we can then properly judge/prosecute all those icky, perverted gay soldiers.

    Please point to any comment that I made that would indicate that that is how I feel. Thanks in advance.

    I understand that you can't resist the, "you's a homophobe", argument, but it ain't gonna work. Care to stop trolling and discuss the topics with some facts rather false accusations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #92
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Gay soldiers are discharged under Article 125. Were you really in the service? You should already know this stuff.
    Actually, gay soldiers are discharged under 10 USC Sec. 654 01/06/97. Now, care to actually prove your assertion that Obama cannot use an executive order to halt discharges under DADT?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #93
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    LOL...another one that has no clue how the military works.
    You are sadly mistaken on that point.


    No, these aren't the same ones. In the military, you cannot force males and females to share billets. That same regulation gives gay soldiers the right to insist on seperate billets and vice-versa.
    And now you've wandered off point.

    No one is talking about forcing males and females to live together. You first said "bunk" together. Now you've changed it to "billets". In the Navy a billet is a job or assignment of where you are. People don't sleep together just because they share the same billet.

    I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about or you just made a mistake with terminology.
    Last edited by Winnb; 01-28-10 at 01:39 PM.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  4. #94
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,077

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Lip service.

    I'd bet this was just a bone for his base, that will not be acted upon in 2010 either.

  5. #95
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,590

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually, gay soldiers are discharged under 10 USC Sec. 654 01/06/97. Now, care to actually prove your assertion that Obama cannot use an executive order to halt discharges under DADT?
    I can't prove a negative. It's up to you show me where the president has the authority to change the law, especially articles in the UCMJ, via an executive order. Looking forward to seeing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #96
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,590

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    You are sadly mistaken on that point.
    If you actually believe your previous statement, I'm not.




    And now you've wandered off point.

    No one is talking about forcing males and females to live together. You first said "bunk" together. Now you've changed it to "billets". In the Navy a billet is a job or assignment of where you are. People don't sleep together just because they share the same billet.

    I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about or you just made a mistake with terminology.
    In the Army, "billet", refers to living quarters. Shall I use, "barracks", in the future? Or, perhaps, "post housing facilities"? "Contonement"?

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billet]Billet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #97
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If you actually believe your previous statement, I'm not.






    In the Army, "billet", refers to living quarters. Shall I use, "barracks", in the future? Or, perhaps, "post housing facilities"? "Contonement"?

    Billet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ah. Fair enough. Billet = Barracks.

    So a soldier can't be forced to be a "roommate" (can we agree on that?) with a soldier of a different sex. I completely understand that.

    But what does that have to do with a gay soldier? They're not a different sex. A woman rooming with a gay woman is not the same as a woman rooming with a man. Why would you be against a straight soldier sharing a room with a gay soldier?
    Last edited by Winnb; 01-28-10 at 01:59 PM.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  8. #98
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I can't prove a negative. It's up to you show me where the president has the authority to change the law, especially articles in the UCMJ, via an executive order. Looking forward to seeing that.
    Why do I even bother. Here is a hint: 10 USC Sec. 654 01/06/97 just like I said. Now, you are right, you cannot prove a negative, but you claim that Obama cannot do something, so there must be something(see, a positive) preventing him from doing it. Care to show what that positive something is? No one else is making this claim, so what do you know that no one else does?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #99
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Please point to any comment that I made that would indicate that that is how I feel.
    I already did, little one. Try thinking about what the words mean as you move your finger across the screen...

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Here's the only thing you need to know. Sodomy is a crime in the military, according to the UCMJ.
    But, see, this is not a discussion about sodomy. This is a discussion about the President's wish to get rid of an ignorant and bigoted military rule (DADT).

    Your only/best argument in support of DADT ("the only thing you need to know") is that sodomy is a crime in the military.

    BUT WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT SODOMY.

    YOU ARE.

    What we have here is a group of people discussing the idea of getting rid of arcane, discriminatory military rules, and you jump up and shout "ZOMG!! SODOMY!!#!"

    There's the connection right there. See it? DADT. DADT. DADT. DADT. SODOMY!!

    So, back to my earlier point: Once we have a baseline reading of incidents of straight sex on the job, we can then properly judge/prosecute all those icky, perverted gay soldiers.

    Since this is your big argument ("SODOMY!@@! ARGGH!@!") please verify for us how often straight people hump like bunnies at every opportunity, even while on the job in the military, so we have a real basis for comparison.

    Many Straight Men Have Gay Sex
    Nearly 10% of Self-Proclaimed 'Straight' Men Only Have Sex With Men

    Sept. 18, 2006 -- Nearly one in 10 men who say they're straight have sex only with other men, a New York City survey finds.

    And 70% of those straight-identified men having sex with men are married.

    In fact, 10% of all married men in this survey report same-sex behavior during the past year. --WebMD Health News
    Or, y'know, you could forget about sodomy being a strictly gay thing.

  10. #100
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Or, y'know, you could forget about sodomy being a strictly gay thing.
    Explain these discrepancies then.


    HIV and AIDS in the United States: A Picture of Today’s Epidemic | Fact Sheets | HIV/AIDS Statistics and Surveillance | Topics | CDC HIV/AIDS
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

Page 10 of 104 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •