Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 151 to 156 of 156

Thread: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

  1. #151
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Would that include Richard Nixon? I seem to remember his support went belly-up in a small period of time too. Perhaps I should google. Didn't Clinton take a dive too? It would be interesting to find a graph chart on the president's of past approval/disapproval ratings throughout their terms.

    That gives me something to do.

    Be back later.
    Presidents often struggle in their first year in office. Ronald Reagan was about at the same level and Junior probably would have been if not for 9/11. It usually takes first term presidents a year or so to get their groove.

  2. #152
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Presidents often struggle in their first year in office. Ronald Reagan was about at the same level and Junior probably would have been if not for 9/11. It usually takes first term presidents a year or so to get their groove.
    The Nile...is the Egyptian River, P, denial isn't the same.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  3. #153
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    The Nile...is the Egyptian River, P, denial isn't the same.
    Just stating history Charles if you don't have anything relevant to add I suggest finding a different topic that you can't speak with any authority on.

  4. #154
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,821

    Re: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

    Here are some interesting charts.







    This is kinda cool too.

    Presidential Approval Ratings

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #155
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

    You'll be trumpeting the same denial after 2010 elections as well, you can stand there and pretend writing isn't on the wall. He's busy backtracking on Gitmo detainees, health care on life support...

    While your rallying the troops mentality is admirable, it's naive as well. The wheels are coming off the bus, Geronimo, you can makes analogies to Reagan, to whatever President you'd like, I personally think Clinton should by your primary analogy. See 1994.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  6. #156
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    You'll be trumpeting the same denial after 2010 elections as well, you can stand there and pretend writing isn't on the wall. He's busy backtracking on Gitmo detainees, health care on life support...

    While your rallying the troops mentality is admirable, it's naive as well. The wheels are coming off the bus, Geronimo, you can makes analogies to Reagan, to whatever President you'd like, I personally think Clinton should by your primary analogy. See 1994.
    I understand the trends. Its normal for a presidents party to lose seats during the midterm. Its happened over the past few decades. The comparison to Reagan is apt as Reagan had a similar rating by the end of the first year then he recovered. If you want to compare to Clinton his approval rating was higher than Reagans when he left office.

    Im an independent Charles and im stating history here. You cant determine outcomes based on special elections or off year elections. Theyre erratic and have low voter turnout.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •