Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 156

Thread: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

  1. #141
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Okeefe claims that he asked for a lawyer immediately upon entering custody, and was not given one for over 36 hours.


    j-mac
    Okeefes problem was that he got a public defender and did not get his high priced watergate lawyer until after 36 hours.

  2. #142
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Okeefes problem was that he got a public defender and did not get his high priced watergate lawyer until after 36 hours.

    Why not? Aren't we able to obtain the lawyer of our own choosing? I thought that was the way it went in America.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #143
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why not? Aren't we able to obtain the lawyer of our own choosing? I thought that was the way it went in America.


    j-mac
    No not of your own choosing if you cant afford it. Him not getting his own lawyer on time was his own problem. The fact is he did have counsel.

  4. #144
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    No not of your own choosing if you cant afford it. Him not getting his own lawyer on time was his own problem. The fact is he did have counsel.

    Possibly, we don't know that facet yet. I don't like what he did here, but I do hold out that the enormous retribution against him stems from his outing of illegal practice by ACORN. Therefore, the media can't be trusted here to give the facts without bias. We'll have to wait and see.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #145
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Possibly, we don't know that facet yet. I don't like what he did here, but I do hold out that the enormous retribution against him stems from his outing of illegal practice by ACORN. Therefore, the media can't be trusted here to give the facts without bias. We'll have to wait and see.


    j-mac
    And you cant count on Okeefe to be trusted to give facts without bias. Okeefe has shown a clear agenda. Not illegal practices Acorn filled out no paperwork. Low level staffers gave bad advice and were fired. I find it funny he wants the fbi to release his full unedited tapes but wont release the full unedited acorn tapes. He never actually showed up at the offices dressed as a pimp and he audiodubbed some of the videos.

  6. #146
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,151

    Re: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    And you cant count on Okeefe to be trusted to give facts without bias. Okeefe has shown a clear agenda. Not illegal practices Acorn filled out no paperwork. Low level staffers gave bad advice and were fired. I find it funny he wants the fbi to release his full unedited tapes but wont release the full unedited acorn tapes. He never actually showed up at the offices dressed as a pimp and he audiodubbed some of the videos.
    could you give us something which documents his editing and that he did not show up in pimp attaire
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #147
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Problem with end of story is they're having trouble finding any evidence to prove the intent to commit a felony.
    Exactly right.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #148
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Okeefes problem was that he got a public defender and did not get his high priced watergate lawyer until after 36 hours.
    Watergate lawyer?

    And you claim to be a centrist?


    If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed to you.

    Since he can and he has, what they did was not lawful if true.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #149
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Watergate lawyer?

    And you claim to be a centrist?


    If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed to you.

    Since he can and he has, what they did was not lawful if true.
    Yes watergate lawyer.

    Michael J. Madigan the lawyer that was hired for Okeefe.

    Michael J. Madigan - Orrick Bio

    At age 30, he served as Counsel to Senator Howard Baker on the historic Senate Watergate Committee.
    Calling him a watergate lawyer when he was a watergate lawyer has nothing to do with partisanship tex. So before sputtering about labels do try to research.

    The 36 hours claim came from Breitbart because James had a public defender until someone paid for Madigan.

  10. #150
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Activist filmmaker arrested in senatorís office

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah, the demo's are going to go down big if they continue to ignore the will of the people. however, Obama so far has lost his approval faster than any other President in history to date. I read an article somewhere where it showed that he was also among the most divisive to date. This IMHO, doesn't bode well for him in this era of growing distrust of Government.


    j-mac
    Would that include Richard Nixon? I seem to remember his support went belly-up in a small period of time too. Perhaps I should google. Didn't Clinton take a dive too? It would be interesting to find a graph chart on the president's of past approval/disapproval ratings throughout their terms.

    That gives me something to do.

    Be back later.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •