Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: Leaders favouring peace talks with Taliban

  1. #21
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Leaders favouring peace talks with Taliban

    Getting out of afghanistan sounds like a good way to help reduce the federal deficit. Lets do it.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Leaders favouring peace talks with Taliban

    What our liberal forgiving left wing friends forget is we are the infidels, they want us to convert or die........They are starting to get their sorry asses kicked.....Of course they want a truce to regroup..

    I say kill them all.........No trials, military commissions will do the trick.....

    Don't forget 9/11/01 my left wing apologists!!!!!!!!!!!
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #23
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Leaders favouring peace talks with Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    What our liberal forgiving left wing friends forget is we are the infidels, they want us to convert or die........They are starting to get their sorry asses kicked.....Of course they want a truce to regroup..

    I say kill them all.........No trials, military commissions will do the trick.....

    Don't forget 9/11/01 my left wing apologists!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, remember that 9 years ago there was an attack which took out as many people as 10% of our yearly traffic fatalities. And remember that to excuse forever war against ideologies instead of looking at any potential cause or work towards attacking the root causes. Remember! Because if you don't, the fear tactics may stop working and then what would the government use to excuse massive expansion, interventionist, state building, big brother policies?

    Oh please won't you think of government power!
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #24
    Comrade from Canuckistan! AgentM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    British Columbia
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 03:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    995

    Re: Leaders favouring peace talks with Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    What our liberal forgiving left wing friends forget is we are the infidels, they want us to convert or die........They are starting to get their sorry asses kicked.....Of course they want a truce to regroup..
    Got a link for that? The last I heard the Taliban were encroaching on Kabul (the only place that the central gov't has actual control over), and had taken control of the major highways, impeding convoys etc.

    I say kill them all
    More fantasy.
    "When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. I say enjoy the show, don't take it seriously." - George Carlin

  5. #25
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Leaders favouring peace talks with Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yes, remember that 9 years ago there was an attack which took out as many people as 10% of our yearly traffic fatalities. And remember that to excuse forever war against ideologies instead of looking at any potential cause or work towards attacking the root causes. Remember! Because if you don't, the fear tactics may stop working and then what would the government use to excuse massive expansion, interventionist, state building, big brother policies?

    Oh please won't you think of government power!
    You just don't get it and never will........What part of they want to kill you do you not understand???????????????//
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #26
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Leaders favouring peace talks with Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
    Got a link for that? The last I heard the Taliban were encroaching on Kabul (the only place that the central gov't has actual control over), and had taken control of the major highways, impeding convoys etc.



    More fantasy.
    Yeah and you were one of the liberals who said we can not win in Iraq either..........We have 30,000 troops on the way there.........Have you ever heard of the surge in Iraq?????
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #27
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Leaders favouring peace talks with Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You just don't get it and never will........What part of they want to kill you do you not understand???????????????//
    What part of "in the last 9 years they've only taken out a number equal to 10% of our yearly traffic fatalities" do you not understand? They want to kill us? Fine, but they're pretty ****ing horrible at it, so I'm not worried. Tell you what, if it starts to approach yearly traffic fatalities, I'll consider your point.

    Terrorists are not the number 1 threat to my freedom and liberty....it's the government which occupies that spot. But keep excusing more and more and more government then bitch about the damned deficit and wonder how it got there.
    Last edited by Ikari; 01-26-10 at 08:54 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #28
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Leaders favouring peace talks with Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Yeah and you were one of the liberals who said we can not win in Iraq either..........We have 30,000 troops on the way there.........Have you ever heard of the surge in Iraq?????
    But at what cost? Iraq was doing nothing to us. There is no justification for the money and troops we sacrificed.

  9. #29
    Comrade from Canuckistan! AgentM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    British Columbia
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 03:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    995

    Re: Leaders favouring peace talks with Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    But at what cost? Iraq was doing nothing to us. There is no justification for the money and troops we sacrificed.
    Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis who are estimated to have been killed in the war...
    "When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. I say enjoy the show, don't take it seriously." - George Carlin

  10. #30
    Comrade from Canuckistan! AgentM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    British Columbia
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 03:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    995

    Re: Leaders favouring peace talks with Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Yeah and you were one of the liberals who said we can not win in Iraq either..........We have 30,000 troops on the way there.........Have you ever heard of the surge in Iraq?????
    Ohh, a surge, yeah a temporary peace forced by a huge mass of armed men on the ground. Some victory. Wait till all American troops have left, wait a while, and see what happens before you declare victory there.
    "When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. I say enjoy the show, don't take it seriously." - George Carlin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •