Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Obama Administration Steers Lucrative No-Bid Contract for Afghan Work to Dem Donor

  1. #1
    Guru
    Porchev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    01-08-17 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,092

    fyi Obama Administration Steers Lucrative No-Bid Contract for Afghan Work to Dem Donor

    I thought this was a bad thing during the last administration? [Even though Clinton did this kind of thing too.]

    FOXNews.com - Obama Administration Steers Lucrative No-Bid Contract for Afghan Work to Dem Donor

  2. #2
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Obama Administration Steers Lucrative No-Bid Contract for Afghan Work to Dem Dono

    Quote Originally Posted by Porchev View Post
    I thought this was a bad thing during the last administration? [Even though Clinton did this kind of thing too.]

    FOXNews.com - Obama Administration Steers Lucrative No-Bid Contract for Afghan Work to Dem Donor
    Same sh**, different facade.

    Edit: Or, if you prefer, the non-PC version: Same sh**, different color.
    Last edited by The Mark; 01-25-10 at 09:01 PM.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #3
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,656

    Re: Obama Administration Steers Lucrative No-Bid Contract for Afghan Work to Dem Dono

    And the beat goes on...

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #4
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Obama Administration Steers Lucrative No-Bid Contract for Afghan Work to Dem Dono

    'CHANGE' we can see, 'CHANGE' we can believe in, Transparency will be the keyword in my administration.

  5. #5
    Guru
    Porchev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    01-08-17 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: Obama Administration Steers Lucrative No-Bid Contract for Afghan Work to Dem Dono

    "...As a candidate for president in 2008, then-Sen. Obama frequently derided the Bush administration for the awarding of federal contracts without competitive bidding.

    "I will finally end the abuse of no-bid contracts once and for all," the senator told a Grand Rapids audience on Oct. 2. "The days of sweetheart deals for Halliburton will be over when I'm in the White House."

    Those remarks echoed an earlier occasion, during a candidates' debate in Austin, Texas on Feb. 21, when Mr. Obama vowed to upgrade the government's online databases listing federal contracts.

    "If (the American people) see a bridge to nowhere being built, they know where it's going and who sponsored it," he said to audience laughter, "and if they see a no-bid contract going to Halliburton, they can check that out too..."

  6. #6
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Obama Administration Steers Lucrative No-Bid Contract for Afghan Work to Dem Dono

    Quote Originally Posted by Porchev View Post
    "...As a candidate for president in 2008, then-Sen. Obama frequently derided the Bush administration for the awarding of federal contracts without competitive bidding.

    "I will finally end the abuse of no-bid contracts once and for all," the senator told a Grand Rapids audience on Oct. 2. "The days of sweetheart deals for Halliburton will be over when I'm in the White House."

    Those remarks echoed an earlier occasion, during a candidates' debate in Austin, Texas on Feb. 21, when Mr. Obama vowed to upgrade the government's online databases listing federal contracts.

    "If (the American people) see a bridge to nowhere being built, they know where it's going and who sponsored it," he said to audience laughter, "and if they see a no-bid contract going to Halliburton, they can check that out too..."
    In his defense, he did fulfill his promise to stop giving no-bid contracts to Halliburton.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #7
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Obama Administration Steers Lucrative No-Bid Contract for Afghan Work to Dem Dono

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    In his defense, he did fulfill his promise to stop giving no-bid contracts to Halliburton.
    Well, if you define the "...abuse of no-bid contracts..." as no-bid contracts to Halliburton, then...
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #8
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Obama Administration Steers Lucrative No-Bid Contract for Afghan Work to Dem Dono

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Well, if you define the "...abuse of no-bid contracts..." as no-bid contracts to Halliburton, then...
    Unfortunately I thinks that's a perfect example. Just shows that both parties only want the keys to the candy store.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  9. #9
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,271

    Re: Obama Administration Steers Lucrative No-Bid Contract for Afghan Work to Dem Dono

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    In his defense, he did fulfill his promise to stop giving no-bid contracts to Halliburton.
    I'll just bet you don't have a clue about those no-bid contracts. They probably weren't as crooked as you think.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #10
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Obama Administration Steers Lucrative No-Bid Contract for Afghan Work to Dem Dono

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I'll just bet you don't have a clue about those no-bid contracts. They probably weren't as crooked as you think.
    Oh please. It's Politics 101. Cronyism is rampant in our government. Without money and favors our government would fall apart in a week.

    One can only hope.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •