Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 143

Thread: The Christmas attack interrogation

  1. #121
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: The Christmas attack interrogation

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    No, as force was initiated against us.
    Force wasn't used against us when the Cole was bombed killing American Sailors, I can remember when an attack on a US warship was an act of war. We know it was at least force initiated against us...by al-Qaeda...and yet it would be up to the Afghan taliban or the Yemeni government to decide on whether we get brutal or not.

    Your argument is absolute sheer poppycock. And dead wrong.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  2. #122
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: The Christmas attack interrogation

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Force wasn't used against us when the Cole was bombed killing American Sailors, I can remember when an attack on a US warship was an act of war. We know it was at least force initiated against us...by al-Qaeda...and yet it would be up to the Afghan taliban or the Yemeni government to decide on whether we get brutal or not.

    Your argument is absolute sheer poppycock. And dead wrong.
    Correction: your straw man is "absolute sheer poppycock".

    Let me know when you would like to discuss what I said.

  3. #123
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: The Christmas attack interrogation

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Would you get your head out of your ass for a minute and read what I wrote?? I never said anything of the sort.
    Don't get emotional as your argument is getting its arse whooped on a national forum. You started this, cannot back it up, are getting inconsistent, and now getting all upset. Yes...you very much said that, read it again.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  4. #124
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: The Christmas attack interrogation

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Don't get emotional as your argument is getting its arse whooped on a national forum. You started this, cannot back it up, are getting inconsistent, and now getting all upset. Yes...you very much said that, read it again.
    Emotional? Hardly.

    Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back for knocking down your own straw men, okay spanky?

  5. #125
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: The Christmas attack interrogation

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't trust your memory, but notice the word "or". It is not unreasonable to think he might get killed in the effort to capture him.
    Meaning it would not be unreasonable to think violence and brutal at that would have to be engaged...and it's what you called for and now wish washing back and forth to other's domestic decisions. And I couldn't care less if you remember or not, JD3, I remember. You were a perfect posterchild for the Left, it's perfect example war opposition. I remember it quite well. And take joy in your attempts to redefine yourself, a badge of honor I wear proudly, you hardly sound like the same Cat and don't respond when I ask you about your positions on such things as Jumah Al-Dossari. What a difference a year makes.

    Afghanistan is not completely sovereign; therefore, they are not like Pakistan.
    The "not likes" are needed as your argument isn't consistent. It is your and C's argument that any decision for brutality be taken by the domestic government. I point out where that's idiocy and yer both making "it's different" excuses. Sorry, you're both dead wrong.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  6. #126
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: The Christmas attack interrogation

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Emotional? Hardly.

    Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back for knocking down your own straw men, okay spanky?
    The 'spanky' name calling proves me right, you're upset...emotional.

    And I apologize for making you so. Your argument however, leaks like an old faucet. Brutality decisions cannot sit with the domestic authorities, C....anyway you slice that idea, it's still poppycock.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  7. #127
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: The Christmas attack interrogation

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    The 'spanky' name calling proves me right, you're upset...emotional.

    And I apologize for making you so. Your argument however, leaks like an old faucet. Brutality decisions cannot sit with the domestic authorities, C....anyway you slice that idea, it's still poppycock.
    Okay bright boy, tell me how running around bombing the **** out of countries that look at us wrong will fix anything.

  8. #128
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: The Christmas attack interrogation

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Okay bright boy, tell me how running around bombing the **** out of countries that look at us wrong will fix anything.
    Number one I'm not a boy, two, "bright" is a massive understatement.

    But one doesn't habe to be bright, one looks to history and merely reads...to know your theory here is poppycock.

    And btw...where is it I'm suggesting bombing the **** out of countries fixes things? I beleive I suggested brutal violence has its obvious effects and cannot be omitted. I actually support the carrot and stick method but...if yer afriad or hesitant to use the stick...don;t even take it. And if yer not gonna even take it, we don't want you negotiating. Savvy?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  9. #129
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: The Christmas attack interrogation

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    But one doesn't habe [sic] to be bright, one looks to history and merely reads...to know your theory here is poppycock.
    Not what I asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    And btw...where is it I'm suggesting bombing the **** out of countries fixes things? I beleive I suggested brutal violence has its obvious effects and cannot be omitted. I actually support the carrot and stick method but...if yer afriad or hesitant to use the stick...don;t even take it. And if yer not gonna even take it, we don't want you negotiating. Savvy?
    Why the hell should I take the time to figure out your theory when it is so much easier to misrepresent it as you have done mine?

    Anyway, running around bombing countries that disagree with us is no way to conduct ourselves. I don't know why you keep suggesting that it is.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: The Christmas attack interrogation

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Translation: If you won't agree with me, I'll take my type and go home.
    See?

    You can't even translate properly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But before you go pout, you have not shown I don't understand the issue,
    No, you did that yourself.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •