Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 234

Thread: Alaska: Palin Daughter Seeks Child Support

  1. #121
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Alaska: Palin Daughter Seeks Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    I think you are wrong here. Just this week Sarah had Bristol on Oprah with her. I felt sad for Bristol. Only 19 and having your mom talk about your sexual activity on national tv.

    It is that same old "leave my children alone" and then drag them out in front of every tv camera you can.
    Correct me here... but isn't Bristol an adult and if she didn't want to go on Oprah, that she could say no? Can you tell me how she "dragged her in front of the tv camera" in this case because I have no evidence that is what happened. As far as I know, Bristol gladly went on and it was her own decision.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Her discussing her youngest son with Down's Syndrome I think was done with that parent concern and also points to be made politically. One thing that always makes me wonder would be how much did she promote for special need kids before her son was born? Same thing for Michael J Fox how much did he compaign for Parkinson's disease before he had it?
    She may have been going after political points but I wasn't aware that the "Downs Syndrome" voting block was a traceable in the last campaign. An alternative view may be that she is very family oriented and she involves her family in all aspects of her life... and that includes her political life.

    But you ask a good question about the involvement of special needs kids prior to 2008's VP nod. I'd also be interested to see how much she involved her kids in the Governors race at the time. Was the just as much involvement or was it appreciably less?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #122
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Alaska: Palin Daughter Seeks Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    I think you are wrong here. Just this week Sarah had Bristol on Oprah with her. I felt sad for Bristol. Only 19 and having your mom talk about your sexual activity on national tv.

    It is that same old "leave my children alone" and then drag them out in front of every tv camera you can.

    Her discussing her youngest son with Down's Syndrome I think was done with that parent concern and also points to be made politically. One thing that always makes me wonder would be how much did she promote for special need kids before her son was born? Same thing for Michael J Fox how much did he compaign for Parkinson's disease before he had it?
    Are you doling out your paycheck to all the orgs trying to cure diseases that you don't have?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #123
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Alaska: Palin Daughter Seeks Child Support

    But remember, your talking about a state where it's very hard to hire an unskilled worker for less than $15 and hour, and $5 for a burger is a good deal.
    Last edited by Oftencold; 01-24-10 at 04:44 PM.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Alaska: Palin Daughter Seeks Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    so...you are assuming that he has made no effort to help out....think it is possible that the Palin's are playing 'games' with him?
    No.

    If the father was doing his duty, the mother of his child would not be required to file suit to get money from him.

    Duh.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Alaska: Palin Daughter Seeks Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Given the rampant dishonesty of Palin during her tenure as governor of Alaska;
    Be specific.

    Address in your answer the perfect score of those claiming ethics charges against her, ie, all charges filed dismissed as baseless.

    Explain also how the grandson's sperm donor's failure to be a man and support his child negatively impacts anything about Sarah Palin.

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Alaska: Palin Daughter Seeks Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Be specific.

    Address in your answer the perfect score of those claiming ethics charges against her, ie, all charges filed dismissed as baseless.

    Explain also how the grandson's sperm donor's failure to be a man and support his child negatively impacts anything about Sarah Palin.
    Troopergate was not baseless. In fact, it was the reason she resigned.

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Alaska: Palin Daughter Seeks Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Be specific.

    Address in your answer the perfect score of those claiming ethics charges against her, ie, all charges filed dismissed as baseless.

    Explain also how the grandson's sperm donor's failure to be a man and support his child negatively impacts anything about Sarah Palin.
    He is peying, just not enough for her to sit at home on the couch while stuffing her face with bon-bons & watching Maury.....
    The new amount will allow that....

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Alaska: Palin Daughter Seeks Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Troopergate was not baseless. In fact, it was the reason she resigned.
    That guy was a scumbag.....

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Alaska: Palin Daughter Seeks Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    No, it's not.

    Child support is for the benefit of the child. It has nothing to do with whether the custodial parent is behaving properly in the eyes of the noncustodial parent. If the custodial parent is not complying with a lawful custody order, the noncustodial parent can pursue that in a separate matter.
    The riche-wing opinion is irrelevent here.

    If he is not in the childs live and Bristol has full legal custody ... SHE IS NOT ENTITLED TO SUPPORT.

    If you do not believe me, look it up.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Alaska: Palin Daughter Seeks Child Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Yeah, it was all his fault.
    His personal failure to hold a job and provide support for his child is, yes, all his own fault.


Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •