Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 155

Thread: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

  1. #41
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    Is everybody ok? Anybody going through Air America withdrawals?

    We're all with you. Hang in there.
    We still have comedy central, which is far superior, so we're good

  2. #42
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Air America would have probably done well if launched pre-2000. Radio was just a bad medium for these people to use. Sure it was great 20+ years ago but now it's becoming overly obsolete. The exceptions are those stations that broadcast online and are in major metropolitan areas with commuters.



    Why do you think it's becoming obsolete? o.O
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #43
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post




    That's my point, liberals and conservatives have different forms of media that appeal to their fans. Liberals have academia/science/newspapers, and conservatives have radio/TV opinion shows. There's nothing sinister about appealing to your fans by using the media that they prefer.



    I don't see how it's any different than conservatives dominating talk radio or TV opinion shows.
    And certainly no implications was meant here, right?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #44
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    And certainly no implications was meant here, right?
    What do you mean? It's just a different format.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Can I have a hug
    You poor dear. *Hugs*

    Here's a list of online talk radio stations that will help ease the emptiness and pain.

    Liberal Forum is a hard core political forum & political chat room - "insurance for freedom"

  6. #46
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Your post once again defies logic. Are you seriously trying to argue that Obama got elected because of left-wing talk propoganda? That's a good one.
    No, i'm not arguing "left-wing talk" propaganda. I'm laughing hysterically at your "us Liberals do not like listening to propoganda" statement as it happens to be utter nonsense. Obama's campaign was nothing but rhetoric, the man had no record to run on, a junior Senator, never held a real job, his lack of experience now utterly obvious as he proves he was nothing but a blow hard and propaganda that you liberals thrive on. Again, next time you want to fly in the face of reality(everyone knows your statement here is hogwash, EVERY Republican in here can tell you Liberals are the propaganda believing posterchildren. Please, your statement is a colossal error.

    No. Propoganda is propoganda whether it be from the left or right.
    But....."us Liberals do not like listening to propoganda", correct?

    Right-wing radio thrives because right-wings love to listen to propoganda.
    Love to listen to it as it's entertaining. We don't jump on every bandwagon, fall in line for every two bit environmental, same sex marriage, or pro-choice movement. Proof lies in reality, the talk show hosts Hannity, Rush, Beck, etc...weren't McCain fans in fact used propaganda against McCain in an effort to run someone else. McCain won the primary...hands down...was our choice and candidate long before Obama and Hillary had stopped infighting.

    And reality will then show...while Republicans weren't listening to right wing talk shows in chossing their candidate......liberals were hook, line, and sinker swallowing Obama's rhetoric and propaganda. His record now replete with broken promises, rhetoric of hope and change where now even his own party is asking....where is this hope and change.

    The Liberal party with a reputation for glamor....for believing propaganda. Our Party...did not listen to the right wing radio or TV when choosing our candidate....nor have we ever. Your argument and reality are going in opposite directions DD, you ok this am?

    <Reality/DD's arguments>

    Liberals generally have lives and don't sit around listening to the crap.
    Liberals have lives? That why you have no time to provide for your own health care...rather want the government to provide it for you. And with our 10% unemployment...think it's the "liberals" that have all the jobs? Is it conservatives who are out of work and thus have no life or.....is it Dem constituencies such as the inner cities or American youth who voted for Obama....who lead the unemployment numbers?

    Oops.

    Again...when you have an argument that follows reason...throw it out here, DD. Rght now, you're the complete anti-thesis of reality. Flying in the face of what's actually happening isn't doing anything for the credibility of your argument, in fact, your statement doesn't have a shred of it.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  7. #47
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    The HotAir blog summed it up best:

    Cause of death - Suckage.

    .

  8. #48
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post



    That's my point, liberals and conservatives have different forms of media that appeal to their fans. Liberals have academia/science/newspapers, and conservatives have radio/TV opinion shows. There's nothing sinister about appealing to your fans by using the media that they prefer.

    Should academia, science, or media have a liberal slant to begin with?

  9. #49
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    The HotAir blog summed it up best:

    Cause of death - Suckage.

    .
    You're right, they did suck. But so do Hannity and Beck, yet they seems to garner high ratings. It's beyond me.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  10. #50
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Liberals have lives? That why you have no time to provide for your own health care...rather want the government to provide it for you. And with our 10% unemployment...think it's the "liberals" that have all the jobs? Is it conservatives who are out of work and thus have no life or.....is it Dem constituencies such as the inner cities or American youth who voted for Obama....who lead the unemployment numbers?

    Once again you defy logic. Who are all these right-wingers sitting around all afternoon listening to right-wing radio if "Conservatives" have jobs and work for a living?

    No. Right-wing propoganda listeners are fat angry white men who want to find someone to blame for their laziness. Whether it be gays, undocumented workers, liberals, etc. They sit and fritter the day away listening to their heroes explain that there are all of these "others" that are the source of their troubles...it couldn't possibly have to do with their own failures.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •