Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 155

Thread: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

  1. #141
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    air america, like npr, was just dreadfully dull

    demonstrably

    there's just something about dogma...
    I found Terri Gross' interview on NPR with Rick Santorum very respectful and intelligent. I do not find that on right wing radio nor did I find it on Air America.

  2. #142
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,465
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Not at all.

    Rush is a blowhard idiot.

    It's that SIMPLE.
    "Slightly Liberal"?

    Rush delivers more news than the mainstream media.
    They focus on 3 minute clips, Rush has the time to go deep.
    He doesn't merely state "Someone is a blowhard idiot", he explains the context why they are, and how it will play out when the blowhard's decisions are implemented.

    It's a talent and requires a deft mind to do that on the spur for 15 hours a week... and be correct in your analysis almost all the time.

    It works because he's a student of history, human nature, and causality... not of hollow hopes, high emotion and intellectual papers devoid of factoring in the human element. That we are individuals and act from our own self interest most of the time.

    Listening to Air America is funny and sad. Sad because a lot of people actually believe the claptrap, funny because as a youth I used to believe almost all, if not all the agenda of the hard left.

    Sifting through each issue, taking the time to learn, traveling the world shifted my beliefs 180 degrees. I came to understand good intentions with a false foundation are doomed to fail miserably. Air America is all about emotion, and they rarely if ever confront their opponents point of view.

    In fact, I laughed when one of their intellectual guests (the day before going off air) stated Rush, Hannity and Beck should be taken off the air!!!

    Ironic they were off the air the next day.
    Poetic justice.

    I hope they come back... because I'm guaranteed a good roar or two when tuning in.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 01-23-10 at 06:45 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #143
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Hrmmm....Second time Airhead America has collapsed....Hopefully this time it stays down.

    Airhead America's most popular host, Lionel, was getting 1.75 million unique listeners a week.

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_America_Media]Air America Media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

    Meanwhile here are the top 9 hosts in the nation.

    The Rush Limbaugh Show 20+ million
    The Sean Hannity Show 16+ million
    Glenn Beck Program 9+ million
    The Savage Nation 9+ million
    The Dr. Laura Program 9+ million
    The Mark Levin Show 6.25 million
    The Laura Ingraham Show 6.25 million
    The Dave Ramsey Show 6.25 million
    Neal Boortz 4.25+ million

    List of most-listened-to radio programs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Airhead America wasn't even close.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  4. #144
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I agree with most of what Rush says. Looks like alotta folks do. Why is that ya think?
    I would imagine because of the same reason a lotta folks agree with the Rev. Moon. Or Louis Farrakhan. Or Adolph Hitler. Or Barack Obama. Or Pee wee Herman. There is no shortage of people willing to believe just about anything if it is conducive with their own personal perception of reality.

    Perception is reality. Try telling the schitzophrenic that the pink elephant hiding under his bed is not real. Try telling a Limbaugh fan that bull**** is not the truth (or vice versa.)

    It's like pissing up a rope. Pointless.
    Last edited by Captain America; 01-24-10 at 01:30 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #145
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Breaking: Air America Ceases Live Programming, Will File for Bankruptcy

    Quote Originally Posted by pugetsoundwa View Post
    Perhaps but Rush's Show was created by the GOP. They charged the large stations to air his program just as any show would. However they donated his show free of charge or at greatly reduced rates to the smaller stations. They wanted to blanket the Nation with his show. Thus certain areas might only have a handfull of radio stations and they wanted to insure Rush was on them. The station got the show free and could pocket all the advertising money they received. In no time his show was National and they could spread the GOP agenda. Most Talkshow hosts get big by hard work and spread once their name is know. Not Rush, the GOP made him a mouth piece and built his show for him..
    Divide and conquer. The commie's media propaganda plan. We we're warned.


    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  6. #146
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,465
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Breaking: Air America Ceases Live Programming, Will File for Bankruptcy

    Quote Originally Posted by pugetsoundwa View Post
    Perhaps but Rush's Show was created by the GOP. They charged the large stations to air his program just as any show would. However they donated his show free of charge or at greatly reduced rates to the smaller stations. They wanted to blanket the Nation with his show. Thus certain areas might only have a handfull of radio stations and they wanted to insure Rush was on them. The station got the show free and could pocket all the advertising money they received. In no time his show was National and they could spread the GOP agenda. Most Talkshow hosts get big by hard work and spread once their name is know. Not Rush, the GOP made him a mouth piece and built his show for him..
    LOL...

    Yes, they pulled ONE absolute unknown radio show host from Sacramento, plopped him in NY, on AM radio which was dying, and forced 20 million people a week to listen after a few years. Only in America.


    Pssssssssst.
    It wasn't the GOP. It was the product of a clandestine program instituted by Eisenhower, and crafted by Richard Nixon. From the day he could speak they instilled a program of Smith, Hobbes Montesquieu, von Mises, Hayek, Hobbes, Marx and Goldwater. Part of his training was working for the Kansas City Royals.

    ...Let's say they did give the show way for free for a while? What a brilliant business move!

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 01-25-10 at 12:26 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  7. #147
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Fairly catastophic week for Dems, certainly their ugliest yet.

    1) Scott Brown
    2) Bob McDonnell
    3) Supreme Court landmark decision on free speech.
    4) Senators on health care
    5) Christmas under garment Bomber investigation report released
    6) Obama town hall in Ohio...the very morning Ohio reports 10.9% unempmnt.
    7) Air America flys the white flag

    One disaster per day, an 0-7 week. Happy Monday Left!
    Last edited by Charles Martel; 01-25-10 at 09:59 AM.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  8. #148
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: Breaking: Air America Ceases Live Programming, Will File for Bankruptcy

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    ...Let's say they did give the show way for free for a while? What a brilliant business move!.
    At least they didn't have to pay stations to carry the program like Airhead America did.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  9. #149
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,465
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Breaking: Air America Ceases Live Programming, Will File for Bankruptcy

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    At least they didn't have to pay stations to carry the program like Airhead America did.
    This is hilarious... and is why I will miss them:

    Liberal Radio Plays On After Air America’s Demise - NYTimes.com
    Reminded of Ms. Maddow and Mr. Franken on Twitter Thursday evening, Mr. Moulitsas conceded, “That’s a pretty good legacy.” (NOTE: ROTFLMFAO... Franken's legacy was SNL... carried to Air America to give it some weight... and it went titters the first time with Franken as the Captain.)

    Former hosts like Thom Hartmann credit Air America with promoting the notion that “good talk radio can come from either side.” (NOTE: HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF THIS GUY? AND THAT'S WHY AIR AMERICA IS NOW TWICE BANKRUPT... "GOOD TALK RADIO"... LOL.)

    Mr. Hartmann, who replaced Mr. Franken on Air America in 2007, is called the most important progressive host in the United States by Talkers Magazine. (WHO? SAYS 99% OF THE AMERICAN ELECTORATE)

    The disparity goes back to the conservatives’ “20-year head start” on powerful radio stations, Mr. Hartmann said. (LOL... WHAT ABOUT THE DECADES OF THE FAIRNESS DOCTRINE BEFORE RUSH LIMBAUGH?)

    Ron Hartenbaum, the manager for Mr. Hartmann, Ms. Miller and other hosts, said that the disparity also illustrated how radio stations were “conservatively run” by agenda-driven and risk-averse owners.(RISK AVERSE... CODE LANGUAGE FOR WANTING LISTENERS SO THEY CAN MAKE A PROFIT... SO THEY DON'T END UP LIKE AIR AMERICA)
    The NYT put them in the right section... the arts, because their shows as illustrated by their Liberal Logic... is all about creative thinking.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 01-25-10 at 05:10 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #150
    User High Noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-18-10 @ 04:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    48

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I always thought Air America's biggest problem by far is that they never got over being reactionary, an "answer" to something else. They were never doing it for its own sake. That's especially true of Franken and Garofalo. They never took it seriously on its own terms. They weren't in it for the sake of serious talk radio, but for the spectacle.
    Honestly, I believe the truest goal of these broadcasters were to present the news in a comical way, because the serious problem with the liberal demograph is that we have short attention spans, It takes more pizazz and smoke and mirrors to grab our attention, which in the long run makes it much more difficult to actually put a message across to us, John Stewart and Stephen Colbert can be a decent example, they announce real things that are happening, but they must do it in a way that will appeal to a proportion of the country that cant stand watching Fox News or CNN. The true case is that on both the liberal and the conservative side we have our drama queens, except the difference in my oppinions is, that Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert use clownish antics and humour, while pundents like Bill O'Rielly and Glen Beck (especially Beck) Use hate-mongoring nay-saying and fear farming to give out there oppinions of the current situations, who is more rightous? those that inspire laughter, or those that inspire terror?
    What right have I to say you are wrong? Only through speaking can you prove your own folly...
    NO ZONE

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •