Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 155

Thread: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

  1. #121
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Academia and science aren't formats for political punditry
    Not explicitly, but it's undeniable that some people in those areas use their media to express their political views. And that's OK.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst
    and in case you haven't noticed, the news paper business is going down the toilet.
    Those are just examples of formats where liberals dominate; I'm not really focusing on the overall financial viability of the format.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  2. #122
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    I am happy to report that the reasons given for the shut down are a lie. Yes the reason was economical bur it was not the fault of the economy. It was the fault of the content of the programing pure and simple.

    Look at the ratings for so-called main stream TV news, it's in the toilet. Why? Because of it's Liberal content & agenda and slant and it's getting worse.

    Now look at Fox News. It's through the roof in the ratings and going gang busters. Why? Because of content and people have begun to catch on to the Obama strategy of lie and if you get caught come up with an even bigger lie, or make another promise you don't intend to keep.

    Liberals have very few original ideas. They tend to try old failed policies from the past that have never worked but they keep trying hoping for a different outcome, and as everyone knows that is the definition of crazy. This what the saying Liberalism is a mental illness was born from.

    Obama is trying once again to push Socialism/Marxism and it's doomed to fail because it counts on people who work hard to keep working to support those who only take as is the way of Socialism.

    Airbag Anti-America was doomed from the start as Lame Stream Obamedia TV has become of late because they are lacking in original ideas, and the solutions to evey problem is taxes which will never be the answer because it stifles growth.

    Airbag America wa only on 100 stations and couldn't make a go of it because they had no listeners. Rush who I don't care for personally in on over 480 stations and is personally making tens of millions of dollars, and it's all about content.

    A survey a few years back stated that about 40% of Rush's audience was comprised of people other than Republicans because they wanted to hear what he was saying about them, and I believed it then and I believe it's true today.

    Airbag Anti-America will not be missed for 2 seconds except for the two people who listened.

    KGO in San Franfreako is the only Liberal talk radio station that is doing okay but they have problems too. One of their big stars was Bernie Ward, now doing time in and Oklahomo federal prison for Child Porn. Way to go Bernie.

    Funny thing is Liberals only have a problem after the law gets involved as a Catholic priest Ward was in trouble for complaints of sexual activity with minors way before he went o KGO, and they had to know it when they hired him.

    Love those Liberal, some actually claim to be Christians and that is impossible, because you can't be a Christian and support the murder of innocent unborn children. This one catches a lot of Liberals in the lie and it's another reason Liberals don't have an audience on Talk Radio. No credibility.

  3. #123
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Breaking: Air America Ceases Live Programming, Will File for Bankruptcy

    Quote Originally Posted by pugetsoundwa View Post
    Perhaps but Rush's Show was created by the GOP. They charged the large stations to air his program just as any show would. However they donated his show free of charge or at greatly reduced rates to the smaller stations. They wanted to blanket the Nation with his show. Thus certain areas might only have a handfull of radio stations and they wanted to insure Rush was on them. The station got the show free and could pocket all the advertising money they received. In no time his show was National and they could spread the GOP agenda. Most Talkshow hosts get big by hard work and spread once their name is know. Not Rush, the GOP made him a mouth piece and built his show for him..
    Would you please post some kind of documentation to back up your absurd allegations?

    Welcome to the forum.... you'll find that opinions are like assholes around here. Everyone has one, and they all stink without documentation to back them up.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  4. #124
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    OK, I'm with you on the media. What about science and academia? Should they be politically biased in the way they teach or research, as they are?
    I don't see any way that can be avoided. Professors and scientists, like anyone else, are going to have their own political views which will have an impact on how they present their material. Writers, newspaper editors, and TV reporters are the same way. I don't really have a problem with it. It's not like people can or should be silenced from expressing their views.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  5. #125
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna View Post
    Or Liberals just don't like propaganda...even from their side.
    I disagree. There's propaganda from all sides of the political spectrum. However, I think left-wing propaganda tends to be a little more subtle, so that people are less likely to recognize it as "propaganda."

    The Beck/Limbaugh image of an angry guy hooting and hollering about the latest atrocity their political opponents have committed...that just doesn't really appeal to most liberals. But left-wingers will eat up propaganda if it comes from Professor Smith at Prestige University.

    That's just my take on it. Propaganda is widespread, it just comes in different formats with varying degrees of intelligence.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #126
    Student pugetsoundwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    02-10-10 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    252

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I am happy to report that the reasons given for the shut down are a lie. Yes the reason was economical bur it was not the fault of the economy. It was the fault of the content of the programing pure and simple.

    Look at the ratings for so-called main stream TV news, it's in the toilet. Why? Because of it's Liberal content & agenda and slant and it's getting worse.

    Now look at Fox News. It's through the roof in the ratings and going gang busters. Why? Because of content and people have begun to catch on to the Obama strategy of lie and if you get caught come up with an even bigger lie, or make another promise you don't intend to keep.

    Liberals have very few original ideas. They tend to try old failed policies from the past that have never worked but they keep trying hoping for a different outcome, and as everyone knows that is the definition of crazy. This what the saying Liberalism is a mental illness was born from.

    Obama is trying once again to push Socialism/Marxism and it's doomed to fail because it counts on people who work hard to keep working to support those who only take as is the way of Socialism.

    Airbag Anti-America was doomed from the start as Lame Stream Obamedia TV has become of late because they are lacking in original ideas, and the solutions to evey problem is taxes which will never be the answer because it stifles growth.

    Airbag America wa only on 100 stations and couldn't make a go of it because they had no listeners. Rush who I don't care for personally in on over 480 stations and is personally making tens of millions of dollars, and it's all about content.

    A survey a few years back stated that about 40% of Rush's audience was comprised of people other than Republicans because they wanted to hear what he was saying about them, and I believed it then and I believe it's true today.

    Airbag Anti-America will not be missed for 2 seconds except for the two people who listened.

    KGO in San Franfreako is the only Liberal talk radio station that is doing okay but they have problems too. One of their big stars was Bernie Ward, now doing time in and Oklahomo federal prison for Child Porn. Way to go Bernie.

    Funny thing is Liberals only have a problem after the law gets involved as a Catholic priest Ward was in trouble for complaints of sexual activity with minors way before he went o KGO, and they had to know it when they hired him.

    Love those Liberal, some actually claim to be Christians and that is impossible, because you can't be a Christian and support the murder of innocent unborn children. This one catches a lot of Liberals in the lie and it's another reason Liberals don't have an audience on Talk Radio. No credibility.

    I couldn't listen to much of Air America either, although Thom Hartmann is still my all time favorite talk Show host. He is also on 1090 am which isn't Air America.

    Fox News also lost money for around 5 yrs or so which is expected for a new business. They would have closed had their founder not been able to bankroll them even when they did lose money. High ratings? Their best show is who? Bill the phone call stalker O'reilly? His best ratings are still worse then the Jay Leno Show and Leno lost his show due to low ratings..figure that one out.
    Our Nation was based on Liberal Ideas, otherwise we would have had Washington as a King or even President for Life. One can also argue that you can't be Republican and Christian if one really wants to bring up Religion on a Political forum...

  7. #127
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Your hatred for Rush is a result of him continually winning every argument against liberals for two decades. He's so far ahead of their every move, it's like he's got their playbook in his hand.
    Like I said....a sucker is born every minute...if you actually believe that.
    I generally take things that I hear from drug addicted hypocrites with a grain of salt....but you do what you want.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #128
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Call Medved's show and tell him he's nothing but a propaganda minister. I want to hear that debate...
    Medved...are you serious. You're talking about the failed movie critic?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #129
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Not explicitly, but it's undeniable that some people in those areas use their media to express their political views. And that's OK.


    Those are just examples of formats where liberals dominate; I'm not really focusing on the overall financial viability of the format.
    And, IMO, that's no different than using religion as a political venue. Probably moreso, since there is no such thing as a seperation of science and state, nor academia and state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #130
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Liberal talk-radio network Air America to cease operations

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, IMO, that's no different than using religion as a political venue. Probably moreso, since there is no such thing as a seperation of science and state, nor academia and state.
    I agree. Religion would be another good example of an institution where conservatives dominate the format (with some exceptions of course). But I have no problem with religious leaders expressing their political views either.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •