Page 69 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1049

Thread: Supreme Court Overturns Limits on Corporate Spending in Political Campaigns

  1. #681
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Supreme Court Overturns Limits on Corporate Spending in Political Campaigns

    I just goggled him. Wow, kkk, anti semite. Surely charles martel is not the kind of person who would vote for david duke.

  2. #682
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Supreme Court Overturns Limits on Corporate Spending in Political Campaigns

    Wow, I just goggled the user name, charles martell and it turns out that there is a white supremest group by that name. I guess it's just a coincidence. May someone should tell him that or it may be his actual name. I am really confused now?

  3. #683
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Supreme Court Overturns Limits on Corporate Spending in Political Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    My opponent was a freemason also. The case was a minor civil case. When I first went to court there was a black judge who was sympathetic to me but the mason judge, who was the chief judge delayed the trial and replaced the original judge with himself.
    Please come off the Freemason angle. That has nothing to do with anything.

  4. #684
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Supreme Court Overturns Limits on Corporate Spending in Political Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin T. Grey View Post
    I provided you with one of Jeffersons many quotes on the subject as a means of pointing out why that industry was the only industry constitutionally afforded protection explicitly.
    But that quote doesn't prove what you're claiming, it simply proves that he liked the institutional press. There's nothing in it to indicate that he believed the press clause only applied to the formally organized and chartered press, or that the other clauses only applied to individuals.

    Because you can leave a union without effecting your livelyhood if you disagree with it. You can't do the same with a job.
    But I just don't see how that's at all relevant. This isn't about what each individual who works there thinks, it's about what the leaders of the corporation are doing for the advancement of the corporation as a whole.

    You aren't reading all of the opinions on it.

    They are granted protection based on the provision, the purpose etc of theat amendment. In some cases free speach may be covered, illegal search and seizure is always covered etc.
    However the same restirictions do not apply to an individual.
    The reason they cited to the 14th Amendment is because the 14th Amendment is what incorporates the other Amendments against the states. If they're holding that the 14th's incorporates the 1st in order to limit the states to X degree, then by implication the 1st obviously limits the federal government to X degree as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    ???!! You are describing some other person, perhaps? Its funny to me that there is so much bitter partisanship - at the end of the day the results are nearly identical no matter which party is in control. I voted for Nader when I had the opportunity. But why do you suppose Repub/Dem administrations perform similarly? I would say that it is due to corporate $$$. What is wrong with the health care bills? - The effort to make all of the corporate stakeholders happy. Why did Clinton sign bills that allowed media consolidation and bank deregulation?? Corporate money.
    I would say it's because a large majority of the population falls near the middle of a bell curve of ideology.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #685
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Supreme Court Overturns Limits on Corporate Spending in Political Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Yes they are. That's why they're inalienable.
    No they're not. Name one.

  6. #686
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Supreme Court Overturns Limits on Corporate Spending in Political Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Please come off the Freemason angle. That has nothing to do with anything.
    I disagree. Most of them are cool and there are many of our founding fathers were freemasons, but if you came to Portsmouth virginia, you might change your mind.

    These guys were stone cracker masons.

  7. #687
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Supreme Court Overturns Limits on Corporate Spending in Political Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    And now you're just throwing out every snippet you've ever heard that tangentially relates to free speech or terrorism.
    I guess so. It's called debating. I have the free speach right to use snippits any time I want. It sure saves a lot of gibberish and screed to make a point.

  8. #688
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Supreme Court Overturns Limits on Corporate Spending in Political Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    No they're not. Name one.
    I sure would appreciate an answer to that one, also.

  9. #689
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Supreme Court Overturns Limits on Corporate Spending in Political Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    For example the supremes ruled that religious fanatics could not get in your face when you were on the street and bother people because the fanatics were trying to foist their opinions on others.
    I'm not familiar with that case. But it sounds like it has nothing to do with speech.

    People can't get in your face and bother you even if they aren't saying a word. The fact that the fanatics claimed it was a speech issue doesn't mean it was. The court probably ruled that it wasn't. That doesn't mean they made an exception to freedom of speech, it means they decided it wasn't an infringement on freedom of speech in the first place.

  10. #690
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Supreme Court Overturns Limits on Corporate Spending in Political Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I disagree. Most of them are cool and there are many of our founding fathers were freemasons, but if you came to Portsmouth virginia, you might change your mind.

    These guys were stone cracker masons.
    "Stone cracker masons"? Please elaborate.

Page 69 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •