Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 67

Thread: Obama tells Senate not to 'jam' through healthcare plan

  1. #51
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Obama tells Senate not to 'jam' through healthcare plan

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Take out the illegals and those numbers change dramatically.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Obama tells Senate not to 'jam' through healthcare plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Talk about missing the point. Did you bother to read what I was responding to?

    You acted in disbelief when told that most Americans like their coverage. I provided two different polls to prove that it was correct.
    No, you pulled select stats from an older poll. There was a lot more information in that poll about who makes up the Fox and cable news audience.

    My point was that the Fox audience is different at 5:00, 8:00, & 9:00.

    The Fox news audience has changed somewhat since the 2008 election. Your assumption is that it grew proportionally to those pre-election numbers.

    And let me add this point -- anybody who identifies as getting their news from one source only can't be too bright.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Obama tells Senate not to 'jam' through healthcare plan

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post

    Take out the illegals and those numbers change dramatically.

    Because... They don't really count?

    We shouldn't concern ourselves with infants not born in the U.S.? Is that your point?

  4. #54
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Obama tells Senate not to 'jam' through healthcare plan

    Don't you hate it when people tell you to do something that you were already going to do?

  5. #55
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Obama tells Senate not to 'jam' through healthcare plan

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    The game show Jeopardy host.
    Trebek.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #56
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Obama tells Senate not to 'jam' through healthcare plan

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Because... They don't really count?

    We shouldn't concern ourselves with infants not born in the U.S.? Is that your point?
    We're talking statistics, get a grip.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Obama tells Senate not to 'jam' through healthcare plan

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Trebek.
    Whoops

  8. #58
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Obama tells Senate not to 'jam' through healthcare plan

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    No, you pulled select stats from an older poll. There was a lot more information in that poll about who makes up the Fox and cable news audience.

    My point was that the Fox audience is different at 5:00, 8:00, & 9:00.

    The Fox news audience has changed somewhat since the 2008 election. Your assumption is that it grew proportionally to those pre-election numbers.

    And let me add this point -- anybody who identifies as getting their news from one source only can't be too bright.
    What the hell does Fox have to do with anything I said? You're going on all sorts of tangents here.

  9. #59
    Advisor Iron Yank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    12-21-16 @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Obama tells Senate not to 'jam' through healthcare plan

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Because... They don't really count?

    We shouldn't concern ourselves with infants not born in the U.S.? Is that your point?
    Did it ever occur to you, that with our almost open borders policy, people from all over the third world (but mostly from south of the border) come over here not just for jobs but to use healthcare system as well (alot of it for free of course). Alot of them may have pre-existing conditions that were brought with them from there home country,many probably from a country with a socialist healthcare system. If cases like these are added into the statistics then it would not give you an entirely accurrate picture would it? Look at how many people come here to use the healthcare vs. how many leave here to go elsewhere & I think you'll have your answer.

  10. #60
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,729

    Re: Obama tells Senate not to 'jam' through healthcare plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Obama is either backing off because he's smart enough to realize the repercussions of jamming the bill through before Brown is seated, or the democrats plan on using reconciliation to jam it through after he is seated, or both.

    I could be wrong, but I just can't imagine that Obama is moving to the center and respecting the wishes of the American people. He is surrounded himself with too many far-left radicals, that would never accept such a compromise.


    Not having read all the comments, I hope I haven't repeated what someone else has said.
    I think you hit upon the real reason. Seat Brown, then pass the bill under reconciliation. I don't like what may be coming any more than you do, but it's a viable political option that may well result in passage, no matter what the GOP tries to do to kill it. It is the way Bush passed his tax cuts in the face of a Democratic filibuster. It works.

    Hold onto your ass and your wallet. It's coming.
    Last edited by danarhea; 01-21-10 at 10:52 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •