Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 636

Thread: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

  1. #561
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    I think he worked for the first week, because, you know, he needs to pay the rent.
    That was thoughtful of him to spread the germs around his work. Who is this f*cknut? I hope I don't end up in an elevator with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  2. #562
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Was it antibiotics? If so, your doctor is part of the problem, not the solution.

    Also, do you really need to "cure" the flu? Every time I got the flu I just stayed in bed and ate chicken noodle soup. Always worked well for me...
    Well bully for you. What a great guy you must be. Good thing you can afford to take a week off work. Lack of empathy noted.

  3. #563
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    Well bully for you. What a great guy you must be. Good thing you can afford to take a week off work. Lack of empathy noted.
    If it took him a full week to get over a little flu, then that's the least of his problems.

    And it isn't about taking the week off when you get sick. It's about saving for such an eventuality while you are not sick.

  4. #564
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    Well bully for you. What a great guy you must be. Good thing you can afford to take a week off work. Lack of empathy noted.

    Maybe he should find a more affordable rent if he's living pay check to pay check.

    Not taking care of his health when he first got sick certainly took him out of work for a while, didn't it? Lesson learned, I hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  5. #565
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    Your cousin is a MORON. Would he have taken his car to the mechanic if it was sputtering and idling fast? Or would he have waited until his car stalled on the highway? There's something called personal responsibility, and your cousin clearly doesn't have much of it. If he was that sick and didn't bother going to the doctor because he was too cheap, then his priorities are out of wack. But I bet he pays out the nose for his cell phone and cable service.

    I am one of those Americans without health insurance, and I absolutely do not want it from the gov't. I *choose* to take care of my own medical bills so *I* can make my own choices as far as what drs I see and when. We do have catastrophic insurance because we're not idiots. Because the state I live in has some BS gov't run heathcare and started dicking around with too many insurance regulations, it's now way too cost prohibitive for a middle class family to self insure. My monthly premium skyrocketted to well over my monthly mortgage payment, and I built my house when house prices were through the roof.

    There have been many times I've thought to myself, "do I really need to see a dr and pay $125 for an office visit?" And you know, if I'm sick, I freaking do it. In fact yesterday, we just received a bill for $500 for me to have some basal cell removed. So the freak what. I'll pay a lot more than that on my electricity bill over the next few months, and I don't expect the gov't to pay for that either (what? electricity in the US should be a right!). I'll pay a lot more than that for the luxury of flushing my toilets this year.

    So when I think of these people (who you know dang right well have iPods and awesome cellphones) who are too cheap to drop $100 to see a dr to take care of their health, I don't have a lot of sympathy. If you're dirt poor, the gov't will pay it anyway. If you're not dirt poor, poney up the cash and quityerbitchen.

    /rant
    Rant all you want, you don't have any of the facts correct and you simply built a strawman in order to set it on fire. This makes you, and your pals that thanked you, the real morons.

  6. #566
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    Rant all you want, you don't have any of the facts correct and you simply built a strawman in order to set it on fire. This makes you, and your pals that thanked you, the real morons.
    Yeah, but I'm not the moron stuck with a 2 year payment plan to the hospital because I was stupid enough to pretend I wasn't sick in order to save a few bucks.

    How many people did he infect at work?
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  7. #567
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    It was probably tamiflu. If my kid were sick, I would pay the 200 bones OOP for it. I drop $200/week to send him to camp, so I surely wouldn't with hold that money to make him feel well. It's about priorities, people.
    It was probably a miracle cure that wiped out the flu. I could continue to make up some more stupidity like you did but I'll just stop there.

  8. #568
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    It was probably a miracle cure that wiped out the flu. I could continue to make up some more stupidity like you did but I'll just stop there.
    There's a miracle cure that wipes out the flu?!? Who is the one making up stupidity?

    Does your cousin ever piss away money at titty bars?
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  9. #569
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    If I couldn't afford to buy food for my family, the first thing I'd do is let go of my stupid ego, and I'd ask someone for help. Or maybe that's just a little too much work for some people. It's easier to wait on your azz for a check while watching Jerry Springer. Get real.
    Yes, I'm sure the old folks back in 1935 were just stupid lazy old farmers watching something that hadn't been invented yet. You're a real wizard!! lack of empathy noted.

    Seems like a lot of conservatives lack empathy.

  10. #570
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    And your argument is based on the assumption that having insurance wouldn't have made a difference.
    No, I'm not relying on any assumption, but merely pointing out the flaws in your argument and the attendant problems with making policy by anecdote.

    If he had insurance he could have gone back to the doctor saying that he's feeling even worse than last week. The doctor could then have prescribed medication.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    I think he worked for the first week, because, you know, he needs to pay the rent. I'm sure you'll call him an idiot now because he WANTED to keep working.
    So he refused to take off a day from work to stay at home and rest, but your theory is that he would have taken two days off from work to go see the doctor?

    And you've just admitted that even if he had had health insurance, he still wouldn't have stayed home and rested, which is probably what caused him to get pneumonia in the first place.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •