Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 636

Thread: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

  1. #541
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Actually Im sitting in a bar having a beer trading stocks as I type
    And I'm looking at porn!

  2. #542
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    And I'm looking at porn!
    Meh i already did that today at about threee when I woke up.

  3. #543
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,503
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset



    The One we Have Been Waiting For... LOL.

    Thanks Obi... we couldn't have done it without you.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  4. #544
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    Who decides? I didn't. Not even a midget strawman but keep working on it.
    You made the statement so it would seem that is what you believe.

  5. #545
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,330

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    Yes. I have clothing which I really don't need either because I could move to a place that had a more consistently mild climate. was your question intended to be that ridiculous?

    Well, it just seems to me that you are preaching that this so called 'greed' is what turns you off, I am just examining whether it really means something to you, or if you mean OTHER people.....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #546
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    See, here's the thing though.

    Contrary to what is the common, feel good belief, greed isn't bad.

    Being overly greedy can be bad. Greed to an exclusion is bad. However, Greed in part is what pushes our economy and tends to make things better for many people.

    Do you think the people creating microchips wanted to create smaller microchips simply because it'd be really really cool? No, smaller microchips made your technology more advanced which got you more money which you could use to spend on cooler stuff. It also opened up a whole new world of technology for everyone.

    Any person that works extra hours at work to get some extra money to go on a trip to the beach for a week is exhibiting "greed" in its purest definition because they don't NEED a trip, it is purely a luxury and nothing else. Anyone that saved up for that big wide screen LCD TV and that HD cable package they got is "greedy" by the pure definition of it. Anyone who bought that top end graphics card to play WOW on in stunning graphics even though you could run it on 4 year old technology is "greedy".

    But they're also...well...kind of normal.

    There is no a person on this forum that has never done a greedy thing, by its definition, in their entire life. It just isn't going to happen and anyone that says theyve never done anything greedy is lying in my mind.

    Why do I say that?

    Cause I almost garauntee you they're not posting that comment from some library but from their own home where they've spent extra money to get internet in their house which is a luxury, not a necessity.

    What we have though is people feeling like its okay to call people greedy ONLY when someone is able to have MORE luxuries than they do.
    When we talk about greed or being greedy, I think we all understand the context. Greed is an evolutionary holdover from our ability to plan for the future. But that form of greed is lost on the greed of excess, and as you correctly pointed out earlier, on laziness.

    In my opinion however, I would rather give a guy 1 dollar than have him steal 10. Mostly because violence often follows theft.

  7. #547
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,330

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    When we talk about greed or being greedy, I think we all understand the context. Greed is an evolutionary holdover from our ability to plan for the future. But that form of greed is lost on the greed of excess, and as you correctly pointed out earlier, on laziness.

    In my opinion however, I would rather give a guy 1 dollar than have him steal 10. Mostly because violence often follows theft.

    We should all be charitable from within our own hearts. Having you tell me for example, what I should give, and to whom is not correct.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #548
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    So I guess every exact detail is necessary for you to understand a point.

    OK, my cousin didn't have insurance and got sick. He tried to ride it out, taking over the counter medicine. He got sicker and sicker until his wife took him to the emergency room. He was diagnosed with pneumonia and was admitted to the hospital where he spent X number of days (only a couple if I remember correctly) and was then sent home to continue to recover. His bill was approx. 10k.

    He has been paying off his bill for 2 years. He was out of work nearly 2 months. Who paid for his lack of productivity? We all did.

    Is there some evidence that using emergency rooms is cheaper than preventative care?
    Your entire argument is premised on the assumption that if he had had insurance, none of this would have happened because he would have gone to see a doctor when he first got the flu symptoms and that would have changed the whole course of events. In reality, if he had had insurance and gone to see the doctor, the doctor most likely would have told him to get some bed rest, drink lots of fluids, and take some acetaminophen, aka Nyquil. Which is what he did.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #549
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Plus, what else did he do? Did he stay in bed and get the needed rest? Or did he just take the NyQuil and keep plodding on as normal?

    Flu doesn't generally lead to pneumonia unless you aggravate it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #550
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: GOP's Brown wins Mass. Senate seat in epic upset

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Your entire argument is premised on the assumption that if he had had insurance, none of this would have happened because he would have gone to see a doctor when he first got the flu symptoms and that would have changed the whole course of events. In reality, if he had had insurance and gone to see the doctor, the doctor most likely would have told him to get some bed rest, drink lots of fluids, and take some acetaminophen, aka Nyquil. Which is what he did.
    My step son recently got the flu and the Dr. proscribed some medicine. It is a fairly recently available and its promise is the sooner taken the sooner the flu is knocked out. Within roughly 36 or less the fever was gone aftet the med was taken. W/O insurance the med was something like 200 + bucks and even with the insurance it was still 67 bucks.

Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •