Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 99

Thread: US accused of 'occupying' Haiti as troops flood in

  1. #81
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,074

    Re: US accused of 'occupying' Haiti as troops flood in

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I already did. You're welcome.
    How can you say he accused them and then suggested at the same time? No. You either accuse or you suggest. You can't do both. Thanks for trying though.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #82
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: US accused of 'occupying' Haiti as troops flood in

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And have a another slave republic? And making deals with Cuba? I am certain Cuba would love giving up it's oil to Hati for the US to use.
    Creating a job market, where people make stready wages equates to slavery, now? I think you're smarter than that.



    Outside the box my ass. This is the same kind of mentality that got them into this kind of a mess in the first place.
    Giving them jobs got them to where they are? And, your solution is to leave them without jobs and swimming in poverty? Sorry, but I don't agree that that will fix anything.



    Hurricanes have hundreds of small destructive tornado's inside of them. So yea they do.
    True, but they get tornados with your garden variety thunderstorm like what happens here in the states.

    They do not have the economic base or population to deal with this like the US. To even make such a comparison is just naive.
    Hence the reason to grow some kind of industry in Haiti.



    Same old slave mentality.
    Yeah, and the folks in charge, to date, have been doing such a wonderful job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #83
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: US accused of 'occupying' Haiti as troops flood in

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    How can you say he accused them and then suggested at the same time? No. You either accuse or you suggest. You can't do both. Thanks for trying though.
    Typical debate over samantics, rather than facts and ideas. Nothing new to see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,074

    Re: US accused of 'occupying' Haiti as troops flood in

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Typical debate over samantics, rather than facts and ideas. Nothing new to see here.
    Your inability to comprehend literature shames black people with IQs above 90.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #85
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: US accused of 'occupying' Haiti as troops flood in

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Creating a job market, where people make stready wages equates to slavery, now? I think you're smarter than that.
    This is the same thing they thought colonialism would do. You can see how that worked out so well.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Giving them jobs got them to where they are? And, your solution is to leave them without jobs and swimming in poverty? Sorry, but I don't agree that that will fix anything.
    Taking away the self rule will not make it better. We see how well it is working in Iraq. We gave it back to them and we still can't leave. I guess some people never learn.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    True, but they get tornados with your garden variety thunderstorm like what happens here in the states.
    I am sorry I guess you have never been in a tropical storm have you? Again the US has the infrastructure and population to deal with it, Haiti does not. Did you miss it when I said it earlier?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Hence the reason to grow some kind of industry in Haiti.
    Yea because sweat shops are the wave of the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, and the folks in charge, to date, have been doing such a wonderful job?
    Does not give us the right to do anything.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-23-10 at 02:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US accused of 'occupying' Haiti as troops flood in

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    You mean its not always Bushs fault? Thats all I heard during the last 9 years was how everything is Bushs fault. Seems the shoe is on the other foot now.
    It's still Bush's fault. He clearly was an Imperialist, and the world is still sore about it. That's why the accusations are coming against a new President who is clearly NOT an Imperialist. They don't know Obama like we do, though they do trust him more than they did Bush. Thank god.

  7. #87
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: US accused of 'occupying' Haiti as troops flood in

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    This is the same thing they thought colonialism would do. You can see how that worked out so well.
    The colonization of Haiti and the importation of slaves to the island was never intended to make a better life and create a more viable economy for the Haitian people. Spurring entrepreneurship wasn't the goal.

    What I'm talking about is putting people to work, give them a chance to make steady paychecks, create a tax base to support the government, create a situation where the best and brightest don't get their asses up outta there, the first chance they get, leaving just the idiots and the criminals to govern the country. It's certainly going to work better than the system that is currently in place.



    Taking away the self rule will not make it better. We see how well it is working in Iraq. I guess some people never learn.
    I'm not talking about taking away self rule. I'm talking about doing some baby-sitting for a few decades.



    I am sorry I guess you have never been in a tropical storm have you?
    In recent memory, I've rode out hurricanes Gustav, Ike, Rita, Katrina and Lily. That's just the ones I can call to mind. I grew up in Louisiana, whatta you think?

    Again the US has the infrastructure and population to deal with it, Haiti does not. Did you miss it when I said it earlier?
    Population is relative and the infrastructure will never come, without some economic stability.



    Yea because sweat shops are the wave of the future.
    Now, you're just being negative.



    Does not give us the right to do anything.
    If the US isn't going to try to trully fix things in Haiti, then I vote we stop wasting our money on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #88
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: US accused of 'occupying' Haiti as troops flood in

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    It's still Bush's fault. He clearly was an Imperialist, and the world is still sore about it. That's why the accusations are coming against a new President who is clearly NOT an Imperialist. They don't know Obama like we do, though they do trust him more than they did Bush. Thank god.
    Oh, no! The world loves us since PBO got elected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #89
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: US accused of 'occupying' Haiti as troops flood in

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The colonization of Haiti and the importation of slaves to the island was never intended to make a better life and create a more viable economy for the Haitian people. Spurring entrepreneurship wasn't the goal.

    What I'm talking about is putting people to work, give them a chance to make steady paychecks, create a tax base to support the government, create a situation where the best and brightest don't get their asses up outta there, the first chance they get, leaving just the idiots and the criminals to govern the country. It's certainly going to work better than the system that is currently in place.

    I'm not talking about taking away self rule. I'm talking about doing some baby-sitting for a few decades.

    In recent memory, I've rode out hurricanes Gustav, Ike, Rita, Katrina and Lily. That's just the ones I can call to mind. I grew up in Louisiana, whatta you think?

    Population is relative and the infrastructure will never come, without some economic stability.

    Now, you're just being negative.

    If the US isn't going to try to trully fix things in Haiti, then I vote we stop wasting our money on them.
    Good thing for us some people remember the past so we are not doomed to repeat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #90
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: US accused of 'occupying' Haiti as troops flood in

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Your inability to comprehend literature shames black people with IQs above 90.
    Moderator's Warning:
    US accused of 'occupying' Haiti as troops flood inWatch it, Hatuey... keep it civil and stop the personal attacks.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •