Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 167

Thread: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Like those like me? What exactly are you accusing me off?

    Things like "this" will be used by the Islamic radicals to prove their point that the US is on a holy crusade against Islam. It will mean more recruits to their cause.

    Not my fault you are blind to the obvious.
    Why do these losers always say that [insert anything the US does] will cause more terrorist recruits?

    There something wrong with their brains so they only thing running through them, besides hamsters, is tape recorded messages, or what?

    Since our task is to kill the enemy, let's get on with the job. Having 2COR16:12 stamped on the gunsight of a man wearing a cross and carrying a bible in his pocket means what, to the enemy?

    It means nothing.

  2. #72
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Am I the only one who sees the irony in this?

    Of course, one can easily put in Bible codes when we cherry pick different verses that fit our current need or as long as it fits the message we are trying to promote. Please remember, this is the same book that has the Ten Commandments, one of which is "Thou shalt not kill." I don't think it's offensive, I think it's hilarious and ironic. However, if I was a Christian, I probably would be offended.

  3. #73
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Am I the only one who sees the irony in this?

    Of course, one can easily put in Bible codes when we cherry pick different verses that fit our current need or as long as it fits the message we are trying to promote. Please remember, this is the same book that has the Ten Commandments, one of which is "Thou shalt not kill." I don't think it's offensive, I think it's hilarious and ironic. However, if I was a Christian, I probably would be offended.
    My problem with it is based solely on the fact that tax payers are paying for religious inscriptions. That nonsense needs to stop. Unless we're going to include EVERY religion in America?
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    What a load of crap to say. I dont whine about things that paint the US in a bad light, the US does that all on its own.. or rather, certain American's make the US look bad. And as for the idea that "western Christians" are the reason there is islamic terror... solely hell no. But do they have a role in starting and especially keeping it alive? You bet they do and only the most brain dead would deny that.
    Uh, no.

    The people keeping terrorism alive are the terrorists.

    Europe's failure to understand this is why Europe is so screwed up.

  5. #75
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    What a load of crap to say. I dont whine about things that paint the US in a bad light, the US does that all on its own.. or rather, certain American's make the US look bad. And as for the idea that "western Christians" are the reason there is islamic terror... solely hell no. But do they have a role in starting and especially keeping it alive? You bet they do and only the most brain dead would deny that.
    Yes you do! It's never the fault of the jihadists, when you're explaining things. This paragraph proves my point.



    Of course, but that does not mean we have to hand them excuses on a silver platter does it now?
    It's irrelevant if we do, or not. If we don't, they'll use football as excuse to hate us, because footballs are made out of pig skin.



    No, lets worry about why it costs so much to buy such a scope.. talk about price gauging and lets talk about why it was not discovered before now. And then lets talk about why such actions play into the hands of the jihadists and then we can discuss why people will believe things like this or many other things that people believe in.. like Saddam had WMD and was behind 9/11. Just shrugging it off is like denying that ones diet and lack of exercise does not contribute to ones obesity or that ones 2 pack a day habit did not cause the lung cancer.
    You're not accounting for the bureaucracy involved in government procurement. Trijicon scopes, on the open market, sell for as much as $2,600, depending on the model. Of course the bureaucratic costs are going to make them more expensive.

    This might be a super-duper model made special for the military and it actually costs 8 g's. Trust me, when it comes to optics, you get what you pay for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #76
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Why do these losers always say that [insert anything the US does] will cause more terrorist recruits?

    There something wrong with their brains so they only thing running through them, besides hamsters, is tape recorded messages, or what?

    Since our task is to kill the enemy, let's get on with the job. Having 2COR16:12 stamped on the gunsight of a man wearing a cross and carrying a bible in his pocket means what, to the enemy?

    It means nothing.
    Because it's always, "America's fault". Look at the cry baby crap going on about our response to the Haiti earthquake.

    I'm not sure if it's jealousy, because we're the greatest nation on Earth, or just stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #77
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    My problem with it is based solely on the fact that tax payers are paying for religious inscriptions. That nonsense needs to stop. Unless we're going to include EVERY religion in America?
    Yes, and I'm sure tons of money is going into inscribing a couple of letters and numbers.

    These are weapons. They are used to kill people. I couldn't care less what they have on them. I think getting upset over a couple of tiny inscribed letters that happen to be biblical references on a weapon is a little silly, considering what these things are being used for. I just find the fact that it has biblical references on it hilarious.
    Last edited by Dr_Patrick; 01-19-10 at 02:11 PM.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Because it's always, "America's fault". Look at the cry baby crap going on about our response to the Haiti earthquake.

    I'm not sure if it's jealousy, because we're the greatest nation on Earth, or just stupidity.
    They can be jealous AND stupid.

    Usually, the two go together.

  9. #79
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Yes, and I'm sure tons of money is going into inscribing a couple of letters and numbers.

    These are weapons. They are used to kill people. I couldn't care less what they have on them. I think getting upset over a couple of tiny inscribed letters that happen to be biblical references on a weapon is a little silly, considering what these things are being used for. I just find the fact that it has biblical references on it hilarious.
    I can't wait to find out that it's just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #80
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    They can be jealous AND stupid.

    Usually, the two go together.
    True dat!.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •