Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 167

Thread: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

  1. #91
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That would be funny. I bet all these "Christians" supporting the unsolicited use of their gods on firearms would **** a brick had it been Islamic verses. I would have still said it would be inappropriate.
    That's because it is inappropriate. We the tax payers shouldn't be paying for someone else's bibles verses. And I don't give a damn which bible it is.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  2. #92
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    I have an idea too. Let's change all the inscriptions to Islamic verses praising Allah. And let you pay for it.
    How's that work for ya?
    Given the irony, it works quite well for me.

  3. #93
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,418

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    I have an idea too. Let's change all the inscriptions to Islamic verses praising Allah. And let you pay for it.

    How's that work for ya?

    Remember this is your tax money being spent for something you may or may not support. Do you like it when some welfare queen spends your tax money on an abortion? How about an illegal immigrant using your taxes for free medical care? You cool with that?

    See the big picture here? You're dismissing the complaints of other based on some anti-pc nonsense. This isn't about Christianity or pc language. It's about our tax money going to a defense contractor who just happens to be stamping Christian messages on a gun sight.

    It's not my responsibility or yours to pay for that. The sight, yes. The Christian message, no.

    Get it now?
    Sure, I see the big picture here. The big picture is that if this piece of equipment better enables our soldiers to take the fight to the enemy and kill him deader than hell, then I couldn't give a rat's hairy ass what's stamped on the side of it.

    The thing that bothers me the most, is that the contract might get yanked and given to a contract that produces an inferior product and it may result in our soldiers losing some of their effectiveness on the battlefield. Now, I would find it offensive as hell if our soldiers were issued substandard equipment, all because some PC bull****.


    My reaction to that might make the cartoon riots look like a high school pep rally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #94
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,418

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    That's because it is inappropriate. We the tax payers shouldn't be paying for someone else's bibles verses. And I don't give a damn which bible it is.
    We're not paying for a Bible verse. We're paying for a rifle scope that will possibly save American lives and that's all that should matter.

    It doesn't surprise me that some folks can't see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #95
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,418

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That would be funny. I bet all these "Christians" supporting the unsolicited use of their gods on firearms would **** a brick had it been Islamic verses. I would have still said it would be inappropriate.
    I wouldn't.

    And not only that, we sure as wouldn't hear all the crying about it from the folks who are trippin' over this BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #96
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    We're not paying for a Bible verse. We're paying for a rifle scope that will possibly save American lives and that's all that should matter.

    It doesn't surprise me that some folks can't see that.
    The rifle sights will work just fine without the inscription. It will save American lives without the inscription. It will kill bad guys without the inscription.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  7. #97
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Now, I would find it offensive as hell if our soldiers were issued substandard equipment, all because some PC bull****.
    How exactly does a few numbers and letters referencing a biblical code affect the performance of the equipment? The PC people are offended by the fact that they are Biblical codes. It has nothing to do with how the equipment works.

  8. #98
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,418

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    The rifle sights will work just fine without the inscription. It will save American lives without the inscription. It will kill bad guys without the inscription.
    Just like it will with it; so who cares if it's there, or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #99
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Just like it will with it; so who cares if it's there, or not?
    That has nothing to do with your argument. You were asserting that our soldiers could be issued substandard equipment because of the PC people. How exactly does taking a few serial numbers away affect the performance of the equipment?

  10. #100
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,418

    Re: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    How exactly does a few numbers and letters referencing a biblical code affect the performance of the equipment? The PC people are offended by the fact that they are Biblical codes. It has nothing to do with how the equipment works.
    It doesn't and I never said it did.

    My point, again, is that if Trijicon loses the contract and it's re-awarded to another maker, it's possible that the second contractor could turn out a substandard unit, causing out soldiers to lose their edge on the battlefield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •