Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 119

Thread: Thousands protest sheriff's immigration efforts

  1. #61
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: Thousands protest sheriff's immigration efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Army Retired View Post
    Why can't these people go through the proper naturalization process? I say if they can't then impliment Eisenhowers Operation Wetback and deport them. We did it back when he issued the order and we can do it now.
    There is a certain quota, that only allows so many people into the US. Obviously the quota is too low.

    I got an idea, instead spending money shipping good hard working people out of the country, lets make it easier for them to become legal taxpaying citizens. We'll probobly make money that way. They won't be a burden to the taxpayer, they will be one.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Thousands protest sheriff's immigration efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by drz-400 View Post
    There is a certain quota, that only allows so many people into the US. Obviously the quota is too low.
    It is?

    As far as I can tell, the United States does not now and hasn't had for decades, a shortage of unskilled labor. Our institutions of public education have been turning out completely unskilled workers by the millions every years since the Left started taking over the curriculum.

    The only shortage is the willingness of the employer to offer wages these people will work for, a problem compounded by the indolence of these indigenous indigents and the willingness of the government to violate the Constitution by paying them undeserved counterproductive entitlements like welfare.

    Since we clearly have enough unskilled labor domestically, we have no reason to raise any quota for more, especially since the foreign workers don't speak english.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I got an idea, instead spending money shipping good hard working people out of the country, lets make it easier for them to become legal taxpaying citizens. We'll probobly make money that way. They won't be a burden to the taxpayer, they will be one.
    Brilliant idea. First step, accept only applicants who file from their native country. Include in the application the statement, "Under penalty of perjury I affirm that I have broken no laws of the United States."

    And make damn sure illegals already in this country go to the end of the line. We've no need for criminals in this country.

  3. #63
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: Thousands protest sheriff's immigration efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    It is?

    As far as I can tell, the United States does not now and hasn't had for decades, a shortage of unskilled labor. Our institutions of public education have been turning out completely unskilled workers by the millions every years since the Left started taking over the curriculum.

    The only shortage is the willingness of the employer to offer wages these people will work for, a problem compounded by the indolence of these indigenous indigents and the willingness of the government to violate the Constitution by paying them undeserved counterproductive entitlements like welfare.

    Since we clearly have enough unskilled labor domestically, we have no reason to raise any quota for more, especially since the foreign workers don't speak english.



    Brilliant idea. First step, accept only applicants who file from their native country. Include in the application the statement, "Under penalty of perjury I affirm that I have broken no laws of the United States."

    And make damn sure illegals already in this country go to the end of the line. We've no need for criminals in this country.
    If their is a surplus of labor workers, why are illegal immigrants being hired? If it is because they are cheaper, why is that bad? You still have not shown me why the infamous illegal immigrant is causing us so much harm.

    If you want them to get paid more, so they are more on par with the rest of Americans, why don't we stop employers from exploiting them like they currently are, instead of shipping productive people out of the country.

    If foriegn workers don't speak english, this would hurt their chances of getting a job over an english speaking american.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Thousands protest sheriff's immigration efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by drz-400 View Post
    If their is a surplus of labor workers, why are illegal immigrants being hired? If it is because they are cheaper, why is that bad? You still have not shown me why the infamous illegal immigrant is causing us so much harm.
    Yes, I have shown you.

    Repeatedly we Americans post what damage the Left's Open Door Giveaway Sale has done to the country. And the Left continues to pretend to not see it.

    Sheesh!

    Forget that.

    Just explain what part of the concept "illegal" is beyond your ability to fathom.

    Quote Originally Posted by drz-400 View Post
    If you want them to get paid more, so they are more on par with the rest of Americans, why don't we stop employers from exploiting them like they currently are, instead of shipping productive people out of the country.
    I do not worry that they're getting paid less, since I know what the word "illegal" means.

  5. #65
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Thousands protest sheriff's immigration efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Didn't say it doesn't affect the USA.

    I said it's not our problem.

    If Mexico is suddenly OUR problem, I say that the United States should FIX Mexico, not stand idly by while Mexico's rejects invade our nation and harm it.

    That's what we have the US Marines for.
    How can it affect us but not be a problem? Or are you saying it has a positive affect?

    Regardless, I think helping Mexico fix itself is the better route.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You think a lot of Mexicans come into the US from Quebec? You think they're swimming from Mazatlan to Key West?
    No, but Iím sure some do. A border fence would probably reduce the overall volume, I agree. But if we remove their reasons for coming here, we wouldn't need one. Except to keep potential terrorists out... But then we would need to fence the Canadian border too...

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    So? It's some bizarre fallacy of the Left that a deterrent that doesn't work 100% of the time isn't effective. Your lack of understanding basic military strategies doesn't surprise me.

    Land mines serve to deter the flow of the enemy at known locations so resources can be better focused elsewhere. Land mines would help the Border Patrol and the American citizen living on the border by slowing the invasion rate to a manageable level.

    We could run ads on Mexican TV showing Invaders getting their legs blown off when they enter the US illegally, for example.
    Seems a bit brutal, and thus most likely to be blocked by a majority of the US population.

    Not saying it wouldn't WORK.

    But there are methods of blocking which would be much less politically provocative. And more likely to be acceptable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Americans do insist on refusing to learn how to read the signs, don't they?
    Or not noticing them at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    The "North American" population doesn't have to accept it. The Americans do.
    Isn't it that what I said?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    My idea will make them think staying home and dealing with their local problems is a better idea.
    But there are less politically unacceptable methods available.

    Plus, we can get all the various political lobbyists for illegal immigrants to motivate their supporters into helping reshape Mexico. Or if they won't, IMO it would prove they don't really support the artificial ethnic group they created.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #66
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Thousands protest sheriff's immigration efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark
    I got an idea, instead spending money shipping good hard working people out of the country, lets make it easier for them to become legal taxpaying citizens. We'll probobly make money that way. They won't be a burden to the taxpayer, they will be one.
    Brilliant idea. First step, accept only applicants who file from their native country. Include in the application the statement, "Under penalty of perjury I affirm that I have broken no laws of the United States."

    And make damn sure illegals already in this country go to the end of the line. We've no need for criminals in this country.
    I wanted to point out that you incorrectly quoted me here.

    But I agree with most of what was said.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Thousands protest sheriff's immigration efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Of course I am.

    I'm pissed off that people their heads up their asses who can't see where they're going are driving the nation over a cliff because their emotions are telling them where to go.

    One critical situation this Autocolonoscopics have created in their little socialist introspective fantasyland is the presence of an alien workforce distorting the markets out of recognition and displacing Americans who are then forced to accepts sub-standard wages because their own elected representatives, their own courts, and their own neighbors are determined to sell them down the river while mouthing moronic platitudes about equality and fairness and need, and calling THEM racist.

    If you're not mad as hell about this, you're not an American.
    They arent moronic platitudes maybe you should be willing to admit that illegals actually do something for this country. Its not a simple cut situation though it seems so to you.

    little socialist introspective fantasyland
    Socialists-are-coming syndrome? Please spare me.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Thousands protest sheriff's immigration efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Yes, capitalism is.

    However, we're discussing the presence of illegally invading hordes in the United States, not capitalism.
    And these illegal hordes have come as a result of a lack of competition(you know, what capitalism is based on). The fact that you demand outrageous wages and high regulation for mediocre anybody-can-do-it labor is what has created a black market for these people. Do you disagree?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 01-20-10 at 02:42 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #69
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Thousands protest sheriff's immigration efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    And these illegal hordes have come as a result of a lack of competition(you know, what capitalism is based on).
    I was under the assumption that one of the things with capitalism is that short supply of that good or service plus a great demand for that goods or service equals more money being paid for those goods or service.Why is it that people think that the same thing should not apply to labor? Apparently employers have a hard time finding labor then apparently that job no longer demands substandard wages.



    The fact that you demand outrageous wages and high regulation for mediocre anybody-can-do-it labor is what has created a black market for these people. Do you disagree?
    So since there is a black market for other things due to high cost or high regulations then anyone should buy bootleg products, black market cigs, black market firearms,illegally download music movies and games and so on because the cost and or regulations are too high?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Thousands protest sheriff's immigration efforts

    =
    jamesrage;1058496843]I was under the assumption that one of the things with capitalism is that short supply of that good or service plus a great demand for that goods or service equals more money being paid for those goods or service.Why is it that people think that the same thing should not apply to labor? Apparently employers have a hard time finding labor then apparently that job no longer demands substandard wages.




    So since there is a black market for other things due to high cost or high regulations then anyone should buy bootleg products, black market cigs, black market firearms,illegally download music movies and games and so on because the cost and or regulations are too high?
    Good point.......
    What I fail to understand is how some individuals think that it is the U.S. duty to make Mexico a better place to live so they won't come here illegally.......
    How about they take responsibility for themselves & make their country into a place where even the working poor want to stay.....
    Right now Mexico's top export is the common criminal.....
    Try ILLEGAL entry into any other country on the globe & see what happens, especially Mexico.....
    Last edited by Partisan; 01-20-10 at 10:00 AM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •