Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: FCC looks at ways to assert authority over Web access

  1. #21
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: FCC looks at ways to assert authority over Web access

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    It's the FCC that wants the control, Obama is pushing for internet openness. Can you read?
    The FCC works for Obama.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #22
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FCC looks at ways to assert authority over Web access

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The FCC works for Obama.
    It does? How so? Has he even appointed a commissioner for the FCC yet?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #23
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: FCC looks at ways to assert authority over Web access

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It does? How so? Has he even appointed a commissioner for the FCC yet?
    The FCC is part of the Federal Government. And whether or not Obama has appointed a commissioner or not, the FCC is under direct and independent direction of the President. There are 5 commissioners and not just a Chairman that runs the FCC and yet, there's an acting Commissioner in place and following the direction of the Federal Government - ie., Obama.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #24
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FCC looks at ways to assert authority over Web access

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    The FCC is part of the Federal Government. And whether or not Obama has appointed a commissioner or not, the FCC is under direct and independent direction of the President. There are 5 commissioners and not just a Chairman that runs the FCC and yet, there's an acting Commissioner in place and following the direction of the Federal Government - ie., Obama.
    Yes, there are 5 commissioners, appointed for 5 year terms, so I would guess that 4 of the 5 are Bush appointees. Now, can you show me where it says they are under the direction of Obama, because I cannot find it. In other words, can you document your claim?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: FCC looks at ways to assert authority over Web access

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Has no one been paying attention? Obama and his brown shirts are using classic double speak at every turn and this statement proves somethings Obama learned, uses, and counts on that he learned from the last National Socialist leader to fool people; “How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think," “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed,” “The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one.” and
    “By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise” to name a few Obama counts on from the play book of his hero Adolph.

    I leave you with this one that sums up why so many people want to follow this lying bum even after he's caught in lie after lie. “How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think”

    This may help: Doublespeak's Definition
    It's so funny how Republicans manage to get people to work toward their own oppression, as this post demonstrates. One of the more obvious things they do is to get people to believe that the 'enemy' is doing something, when in fact they are making that accusation to deflect attention from the fact that they (the Republicans) are doing the very thing they are accusing the enemy of doing!! They are very good at this, and getting better at it.


    It is the Republicans who use 'doublespeak'. It is the Republicans who are working toward a less free Internet. It is the Republican who want to 'Control'.

    All the while accusing the Democrats of doing so. And people believe it. Amazing.

  6. #26
    Professor
    Travelsonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 02:40 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,376

    Re: FCC looks at ways to assert authority over Web access

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    Why shouldn't Comcast block BitTorrent if it costs them money and is used mostly for intellectual property theft?

    I don't want the FCC controlling the internet even if their intention is to reduce restrictions. Why? Because there will eventually be a conservative president, and they already kicked Howard Stern off my radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    I don't understand your point. Are you saying artists don't mind if you steal their work? Are you saying once something is made it should be freely distributed? Or is it the term "intellectual property" you have a problem with?
    It is this disingenuous attempt to give physical property the same qualities and attributes as physical property, and crimes with physical property that bugs the hell out of me.
    Nationalism in high dosages may be hazardous to your health. Please consult a psychiatrist before beginning a regular regimen, and if feelings of elitism and douchbaggery continue, discontinue immediately before you become unable to do so on your own.

  7. #27
    User Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    05-26-10 @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    98

    Re: FCC looks at ways to assert authority over Web access

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    It's so funny how Republicans manage to get people to work toward their own oppression, as this post demonstrates. One of the more obvious things they do is to get people to believe that the 'enemy' is doing something, when in fact they are making that accusation to deflect attention from the fact that they (the Republicans) are doing the very thing they are accusing the enemy of doing!! They are very good at this, and getting better at it.


    It is the Republicans who use 'doublespeak'. It is the Republicans who are working toward a less free Internet. It is the Republican who want to 'Control'.

    All the while accusing the Democrats of doing so. And people believe it. Amazing.
    People believe what they want to believe when they are closed minded sheep. If they want to believe Obama is bad, they will, when discussing an issue about keeping the internet free from content being blocked or sites being slowed down. When they are shown that actually the Obama admin and the FCC want to keep the internet as we've always known it and protect it, they will ignore the facts and keep spreading lies and GOP talking points that have nothing to do with the truth. This is how the right wing mind works.
    Enough with the dirty, deadly and disgusting oil and coal. Let's get clean, let's go green. Enough is enough!!

  8. #28
    Professor
    Travelsonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 02:40 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,376

    Re: FCC looks at ways to assert authority over Web access

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    I don't understand your point. Are you saying artists don't mind if you steal their work? Are you saying once something is made it should be freely distributed? Or is it the term "intellectual property" you have a problem with?

    It is this attempt to give physical property the same qualities and attributes as physical property, and trying to equate crimes with data with crimes to physical property that bugs the hell out of me. It is disingenuous to boot on the levels of debating legalities and technical advancement.
    Nationalism in high dosages may be hazardous to your health. Please consult a psychiatrist before beginning a regular regimen, and if feelings of elitism and douchbaggery continue, discontinue immediately before you become unable to do so on your own.

  9. #29
    Puer Aeternus
    Tsunami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-08-16 @ 04:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,132

    Re: FCC looks at ways to assert authority over Web access

    Quote Originally Posted by Travelsonic View Post
    It is this attempt to give physical property the same qualities and attributes as physical property, and trying to equate crimes with data with crimes to physical property that bugs the hell out of me. It is disingenuous to boot on the levels of debating legalities and technical advancement.
    Well there certainly seems to be a moral difference between stealing a car and stealing a movie, at least for a lot of people. But sneaking into a concert or movie theater has always been illegal. It's not property theft exactly, but it is similar to theft of services.
    Schadenfreude ist die schönste Freude.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: FCC looks at ways to assert authority over Web access

    As per peoples arguments over newspapers dying...

    Isn't this an evolution of technology and if the media producers cant stick with it they should die?

    Or maybe they're not considered 'liberal' so we haven't heard that one yet.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •