Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Soldier jailed for threatening rap lyrics.

  1. #1
    Student Commoncents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Quincy MA
    Last Seen
    08-26-10 @ 06:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    185

    Soldier jailed for threatening rap lyrics.

    Soldier jailed for angry rap song
    By RUSS BYNUM


    AP Military Writer

    2:20 p.m. Monday, January 11, 2010

    An Army soldier is in a Georgia jail on charges that he threatened violence against his superiors in a rap song the soldier recorded to denounce the Army's "stop-loss" policy.

    Spc. Marc A. Hall has been jailed for a month on charges that he made threats, both in conversation with members of his infantry unit and in the lyrics to his song "Stop Loss."

    Hall's song blasts Army policy for keeping him in uniform past his expected departure date. Hall also raps about grabbing a rifle to spray bullets and "watch all the bodies hit the floor."

    Fort Stewart spokesman Kevin Larson said Monday commanders took the threats seriously. Hall's military attorney declined to comment.

    A civilian attorney Hall contacted, Jim Klimaski, said the soldier intended no real violence.
    Soldier jailed for angry rap song | ajc.com

    In the wake of Hasans meltdown it shouldnt really shock anyone that folks are going to take threats like this seriously. He should be in jail just for being the retarded whinebag he's projecting he is in his 'rap'.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Soldier jailed for threatening rap lyrics.

    Did we throw Ice-T in jail for his song "Cop Killer"? No? Then this guy doesn't go to jail either. It's still America, land of the free. ****ing suck it up and accept it already. Bunch of whinny cry-babies out there wetting themselves over terrorism and allowing that to subvert our rights and liberties. People like that should get the hell out, move to Cuba or some place where they can give away all the freedom they want. Cry babies would make the founder vomit in disgust.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Soldier jailed for threatening rap lyrics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Did we throw Ice-T in jail for his song "Cop Killer"? No? Then this guy doesn't go to jail either. It's still America, land of the free. ****ing suck it up and accept it already. Bunch of whinny cry-babies out there wetting themselves over terrorism and allowing that to subvert our rights and liberties. People like that should get the hell out, move to Cuba or some place where they can give away all the freedom they want. Cry babies would make the founder vomit in disgust.
    The difference is that he is in the militay....
    He's OWNED.....

  4. #4
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Soldier jailed for threatening rap lyrics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    The difference is that he is in the militay....
    He's OWNED.....
    I suppose maybe if it's in the contract he signed. But I would still say no jail time. It's ridiculous to throw someone in jail for a song. Ice-T's song actively encouraged the killing of cops. This song was venting frustration for being forced to stay after he had a departure date and against the stop-loss policy. There is validity to your point that he is in the military, he did sign a contract. But at the same accord I don't think jailing over a song is rightful. You can investigate and then if you find more credible evidence, ok. But I bet dollars to donuts that this was just a frustrated soldier lashing out in song. And if that's the case, maybe there is some punishment to be had; but not jail time.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Soldier jailed for threatening rap lyrics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I suppose maybe if it's in the contract he signed. But I would still say no jail time. It's ridiculous to throw someone in jail for a song. Ice-T's song actively encouraged the killing of cops. This song was venting frustration for being forced to stay after he had a departure date and against the stop-loss policy. There is validity to your point that he is in the military, he did sign a contract. But at the same accord I don't think jailing over a song is rightful. You can investigate and then if you find more credible evidence, ok. But I bet dollars to donuts that this was just a frustrated soldier lashing out in song. And if that's the case, maybe there is some punishment to be had; but not jail time.
    I'm guessing there is a whole slew of charges that can be filed....
    Off to the stripey hole with him & a dishororable discharge when his sentence is done.....
    Of course I am biased because I think anyone who writes or performs rap music should be jailed.....
    Last edited by Partisan; 01-12-10 at 01:24 PM.

  6. #6
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,269
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Soldier jailed for threatening rap lyrics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    The difference is that he is in the militay....
    He's OWNED.....
    No, being in the military is not being owned. You simply have additional rules to follow.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #7
    Student Commoncents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Quincy MA
    Last Seen
    08-26-10 @ 06:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    185

    Re: Soldier jailed for threatening rap lyrics.

    Like Obama says somebody be held responsible
    But some of you all gonna be held in the hospitals, whenever possible…

    I’m gonna round up all eventually, easily, walk right up peacefully
    And surprise them all
    Yes, yes y’all, up against the wall, turn around
    I got a mother****in’ magazine with 30 rounds, on a three round burst
    Ready to fire down … spray and watch the bodies all hit the floor
    I bet you don’t stop-loss nobody no more, in your next lifetime of course…
    This is a direct threat to his command.

    Too bad. Guess the Army has not taught him discipline or sacrifice.

    He signed up,stop loss and all.

    http://www.rethinkingschools.org/arc...enlistment.pdf

  8. #8
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,269
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Soldier jailed for threatening rap lyrics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I suppose maybe if it's in the contract he signed. But I would still say no jail time. It's ridiculous to throw someone in jail for a song. Ice-T's song actively encouraged the killing of cops. This song was venting frustration for being forced to stay after he had a departure date and against the stop-loss policy. There is validity to your point that he is in the military, he did sign a contract. But at the same accord I don't think jailing over a song is rightful. You can investigate and then if you find more credible evidence, ok. But I bet dollars to donuts that this was just a frustrated soldier lashing out in song. And if that's the case, maybe there is some punishment to be had; but not jail time.
    Actually, Ice-T's song(it's really a Body Count song) does not promote killing police, it is the first person account of some one who, fed up with police brutality, decides to kill cops. At no point did Ice-T or the song actually encourage people to kill cops. Odd side note, the song was inspired by the Talking Heads song Psychokiller.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #9
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Soldier jailed for threatening rap lyrics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    I'm guessing there is a whole slew of charges that can be filed....
    Off to the stripey hole with him & a dishororable discharge when his sentence is done.....
    Of course I am biased because I think anyone who writes or performs rap music should be jailed.....
    We have common ground, as long as you include disco, Musak, and the song "Achey Breakey Heart".
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #10
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,269
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Soldier jailed for threatening rap lyrics.

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    We have common ground, as long as you include disco, Musak, and the song "Achey Breakey Heart".
    Plus top 40, plus classic rock, plus all country music.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •