Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 366

Thread: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

  1. #71
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    :Prof Bing < US Code
    The US code means that the killer executed an innocent man. Like I said, you must apply the same standard to both cases. Otherwise, you are being dishonest. You can't pick the US code whenever you decide it applies, and reject it elsewhere.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Personally I hope Scott Roeder get's off with a light sentence.

    Dr. Tiller was a monster and I'm glad he's dead. The world is much better off without him.
    thats very sad

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    This was not a terrorist act. It was a murder.
    Didn't you hear? Any act which frightens someone ever so slightly is now terrorism

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Making people afraid is not what "terrorism" is.
    read about the IRA/UDA

  5. #75
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,269
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am hopeful that the argument does not fare well. I find it hard to see any situation where this is anything other than premeditated murder. I doubt the terrorism charge would work well, though to my mind it is certainly possible to see the argument. He certainly terrorized some innocent churchgoers.

    I do find it funny how conservatives, supposedly the law and order bunch, are only law and order when it's convenient. At least I am consistent, if you do the crime, you deserve the punishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Post 5, your argument assumes Scott Roeder committed a crime, but that has yet to be established.
    To the best of my knowledge, it is not disputed that he shot a man in a church. Nothing there presumes a guilty conviction, only the facts of the case as presented.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The US code means that the killer executed an innocent man.
    That doesn't make him a terrorist.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, it is not disputed that he shot a man in a church. Nothing there presumes a guilty conviction, only the facts of the case as presented.
    You could shoot someone and not commit any crime.

  8. #78
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Didn't you hear? Any act which frightens someone ever so slightly is now terrorism
    terrorism definition
    ter·ror·ism (terər iz′əm)
    noun

    1. the act of terrorizing; use of force or threats to demoralize, intimidate, and subjugate, esp. such use as a political weapon or policy
    2. the demoralization and intimidation produced in this way
    As defined in the dictionary, terrorism is using force or threats to intimidate. What this doctor did was to murder someone, as an act of intimidation against other abortion doctors.

    Again, you are being two faced, Jerry, applying the legal definition to the killer, and refusing to apply it to the doctor.
    Last edited by danarhea; 01-11-10 at 02:26 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #79
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If that were true then he would be charged with terrorism.

    But he's not.

    The panty-bomber wasn't even charged with terrorism.
    I said that it could be argued that it was terrorism, the burden of proof of whether it was intended to intimidate or coerce a civilian population is likely why it is not being prosecuted as such, that is a hard burden of proof to establish, just as the undie bomber case. Murder is open and shut case, why complicate further and needlessly try for a harder terrorism conviction, although there is room under the definition to potentially argue it as such?

    I am merely posting the correct legal definition to show that it is plausible to consider his acts an act of terrorism under this definition.
    Last edited by marduc; 01-11-10 at 02:35 AM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  10. #80
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,269
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You could shoot someone and not commit any crime.
    Yes, my father did, it was a hunting accident. In this case, it was not a hunting accident. In this case, is any one disputing he intentionally shot a man?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •