Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 366

Thread: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

  1. #51
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    When you say something is "yours" you are saying it belongs to that person.




    Calling back to the begining of our exchange:



    Since "very bad person" does not = "terrorist", let's keep the hysteria to a minimum shall we?
    By my definition, he is a terrorist. No hysteria, only extreme acts of vileness by a vile and worthless human being.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #52
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I suggest using the little blue track-back button to follow that line of conversation back to post 5 where Redress sets the context of everything to follow to fall into the scope of who has been duly convicted of a crime and who has not.
    I've read the entire thread. I see now where you are arguing over whether or not his actions were considered to be "terrorist" in nature.

    I am not concerned with that, to be honest.

    I am just pointing out that while the doctor was preforming what you and I would consider to be immoral late term abortions; that does not give the right to any other person to go up to him and shoot him in the head.

    The law is very clear - abortion is legal (whether you agree with it or not) and walking up to another person that has different morals than you and allegedly shooting them in the head (for whatever reason) is illegal.

    A person may feel pornography is immoral, but it is legal (adult pornography to be clear), so does that give another person who feels those people participating in porn are immoral, the right to attack or murder them?

    No.
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Jerry, from your augments its sound like you support anarchy. We're a country of laws that we have to live by. We can't shoot people, because they have different morals than us.

    Again, abortion is legal in the Untied states of America.
    The legality of many of those late-term abortions are still in question.

  4. #54
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I don't know if I'd go that far, though, to question the morality of someone who would defend Rioeder. They may not be defending his actions, per se, but attacking the actions of Dr. Tiller. A means to an end so to speak. Would you defend the actions of someone who killed a serial killer? This is how pro-lifers view Dr. Tiller.
    I condemn vigilantism. So yes, I would react the same if it was a serial killer. Being a nation of laws is important.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #55
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The legality of many of those late-term abortions are still in question.
    Then get a conviction in the court of laws. Oh wait, too late for that in this case, some one took that chance away from you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #56
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I condemn vigilantism. So yes, I would react the same if it was a serial killer. Being a nation of laws is important.
    Ok. You win on DP's favorite game show... HYPOCRISY CHECK! Not many do.

    But remember, these are YOUR morals... they may not apply to others.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    I've read the entire thread. I see now where you are arguing over whether or not his actions were considered to be "terrorist" in nature.

    I am not concerned with that, to be honest.

    I am just pointing out that while the doctor was preforming what you and I would consider to be immoral late term abortions; that does not give the right to any other person to go up to him and shoot him in the head.

    The law is very clear - abortion is legal (whether you agree with it or not) and walking up to another person that has different morals than you and allegedly shooting them in the head (for whatever reason) is illegal.

    A person may feel pornography is immoral, but it is legal (adult pornography to be clear), so does that give another person who feels those people participating in porn are immoral, the right to attack or murder them?

    No.
    You dropped what you were originally asking about and are now attempting to misrepresent and re-frame the discussion as though anyone were inserting morality into law.

    I was playing ScottD's and Redress's logic against itself. I was not asserting my own argument.

    If one has to be convicted of a crime to deserve a punishment, then Redress and ScottD were wrong to assert that Scott Roeder deserves a punishment as he has not been convicted.

    If it is acceptable to assume Scott Roeder deserves punishment without conviction, then it is also acceptable to assume Dr. Tiller deserved punishment without conviction.

    Their arguments were contradictory in that they failed to abide by their own requirements.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Then get a conviction in the court of laws. Oh wait, too late for that in this case, some one took that chance away from you.
    I'm not a lawyer, let alone a lawyer connected to the case, to have ever had the chance to begin with

  9. #59
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You dropped what you were originally asking about and are now attempting to misrepresent and re-frame the discussion as though anyone were inserting morality into law.

    I was playing ScottD's and Redress's logic against itself. I was not asserting my own argument.

    If one has to be convicted of a crime to deserve a punishment, then Redress and ScottD were wrong to assert that Scott Roeder deserves a punishment as he has not been convicted.

    If it is acceptable to assume Scott Roeder deserves punishment without conviction, then it is also acceptable to assume Dr. Tiller deserved punishment without conviction.

    Their arguments were contradictory in that they failed to abide by their own requirements.
    Please show where I said anything about Roeder deserving punishment without a trial. Don't make **** up Jerry.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    By my definition, he is a terrorist. No hysteria, only extreme acts of vileness by a vile and worthless human being.
    Your definition doesn't count for anything, though.

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •