Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 366

Thread: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    If convicted, he should not get the death penalty.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is your definition....
    US Code Title 22, CHAPTER 38, 2656f

    I didn't write it, but it makes sense that you would assume I did given the inherent authority I transmit through logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    ....I don't necessarily agree with it, and 4 out of 6 qualifiers using your definition certainly makes him at least close to a terrorist.
    Close to being a terrorist = not a terrorist.

  3. #43
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    I hope you realize you're generalizing here. While there are many people who applaud what the guy did (jamesrage, for example), I think that the consensus even among conservatives would be that the rule of law must be upheld, and that what this guy did was premeditated murder, which usually earns one either a life in prison or the death penalty.
    This is, so far, true. Jamesrage has demonstrated that, amongst our conservatives that have posted on this thread, only he takes the ridiculous and hypocritical position of not agreeing with murder one. Good to see that most of our conservatives are consistent in this sense.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    He said:



    And you said:




    Commited, not convicted. He has not been convicted, but he has been charged and the question as to his innocence or guilt will be determined soon enough.

    So I could walk into any old church and shoot some guy in the head because I don't have the same moral beliefs as he does.

    As the law is written now (and I'm not saying I agree with it!) it is NOT illegal to preform abortions.

    It IS however, illegal to shoot someone in the head.

    Has he been convicted? No, and it is "innocent until proven guilty", but I'm curious how many of the church congregation will be subpoenaed since they witnessed the doctor's execution.
    I suggest using the little blue track-back button to follow that line of conversation back to post 5 where Redress sets the context of everything to follow to fall into the scope of who has been duly convicted of a crime and who has not.

  5. #45
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    US Code Title 22, CHAPTER 38, 2656f

    I didn't write it, but it makes sense that you would assume I did given the inherent authority I transmit through logic.
    It is the definition you used, hence why I called it yours. It is also, as best I can tell, not a legal definition, but the definition used for the annual country reports on terrorism.

    Close to being a terrorist = not a terrorist.
    It certainly makes him a very bad person at the very least.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Jerry, from your augments its sound like you support anarchy. We're a country of laws that we have to live by. We can't shoot people, because they have different morals than us.

    Again, abortion is legal in the Untied states of America.
    Last edited by RyrineaHaruno; 01-11-10 at 01:48 AM.

  7. #47
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    There are two issues here. The first is a legal one. Was what Dr. Tiller doing illegal? Absolutely not. Was what Scott Roeder did illegal? Absolutely. These are legal facts and are not disputable.

    The second issue is a moral one. Was what Dr. Tiller doing immoral? Was what Scott Roeder did immoral? That is for each of us to decide, and IS disputable.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 01-11-10 at 01:52 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #48
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    There are two issues here. The first is a legal one. Was Dr. Tiller doing illegal? Absolutely not. Was what Scott Roeder did illegal? Absolutely. These are legal facts and are not disputable.

    The second issue is a moral one. Was what Dr. Tiller doing immoral? Was what Scott Roeder did immoral? That is for each of us to decide, and IS disputable.
    We don't base our legal system on personal morality. We base it on laws. People are free to defend Roeder, but it is revealing of their personal morality or lack thereof.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #49
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    We don't base our legal system on personal morality. We base it on laws. People are free to defend Roeder, but it is revealing of their personal morality or lack thereof.
    I don't know if I'd go that far, though, to question the morality of someone who would defend Rioeder. They may not be defending his actions, per se, but attacking the actions of Dr. Tiller. A means to an end so to speak. Would you defend the actions of someone who killed a serial killer? This is how pro-lifers view Dr. Tiller.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 01-11-10 at 01:53 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is the definition you used, hence why I called it yours.
    When you say something is "yours" you are saying it belongs to that person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It certainly makes him a very bad person at the very least.

    Calling back to the begining of our exchange:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post

    If I had my way, this killer would be tried as a terrorist, and given the maximum sentence that is usually reserved for those who commit acts of terrorism, because this is exactly what it was - an act of terrorism.
    It wasn't terrorism.

    Please keep the hysteria to a minimum
    Since "very bad person" does not = "terrorist", let's keep the hysteria to a minimum shall we?

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •