Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 366

Thread: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

  1. #301
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,888
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Your refusal to answer a simple question only proves your hypocrisy. This is why I think most you abortionist nothing but hypocrites or some of the people who are anti-abortion that condemn Roeder as cowards. Had Tiller's victims been gays,anti-war/anti-military protesters and other people you leftist give a crap about you wouldn't be calling Scott Roeder a terrorist or a murderer or some nut job,most likely you would be applauding him for his deed and perhaps even calling him a hero. So please do not pretend that you are some how righteous or that you would never in a million years would be glad that someone took the law into their own hands.
    the reason tiller did those abortion, wether you argue them as murder or not, was because the life of the mother and/or the baby was in danger if the birth went ahead, and unless those gays,anti-war/anti-military protesters were actually, without a doubt going to do irreperable damage and possibly cause death to someone, your arguement is flawed.

    and do you think the mothers wouldn't have thought long and hard about an abortion, that they would have already formed an attachment to the baby, or did they just do it for kicks?

  2. #302
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    the reason tiller did those abortion, wether you argue them as murder or not, was because the life of the mother and/or the baby was in danger if the birth went ahead, and unless those gays,anti-war/anti-military protesters were actually, without a doubt going to do irreperable damage and possibly cause death to someone, your arguement is flawed.

    and do you think the mothers wouldn't have thought long and hard about an abortion, that they would have already formed an attachment to the baby, or did they just do it for kicks?
    You don't have to go and justify the abortion. What Tiller was doing was not illegal.

  3. #303
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    the reason tiller did those abortion, wether you argue them as murder or not, was because the life of the mother and/or the baby was in danger if the birth went ahead [...]
    Debatable. At the time of his death, Tiller was being investigated for allegedly colluding with another doctor who apparently would certify that the mother's life was in danger, whether that was actually the case or not.

  4. #304
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,888
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Debatable. At the time of his death, Tiller was being investigated for allegedly colluding with another doctor who apparently would certify that the mother's life was in danger, whether that was actually the case or not.
    i was under the impression that he was cleared of that

  5. #305
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    i was under the impression that he was cleared of that
    Not according to what I read a while back. I think he may have been investigated for that on more than one occasion though. I can't remember right now, and I'm too tired to look it up.

  6. #306
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    What if anti-war/anti-military protests,homosexuality and abortion were illegal and it was legal to kill people for doing those things? Would you be saying "
    what ____ did was legal". you seem to forget that." or would you be hoping that someone would take out that serial killer and applaud who ever took out that serial killer?
    Your hypothetical is idiotic and illogical james. See, if it were LEGAL to kill people for doing the things that you mentioned, those people who killed them would NOT be serial killers. They would be following the law. So your definitions are incorrect... not surprisingly since we all know when you get worked up like this, you cannot put together a reasonable argument.

    See, what Dr. Tiller did was LEGAL; therefore he is NOT a serial killer by definition. If it was LEGAL to kill someone for protesting the war, the killer would be doing something LEGAL and therefore would not be a serial killer.

    Try another hypothetical that is actually logical and makes sense and perhaps someone will respond. The one you gave is neither.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #307
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,888
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Not according to what I read a while back. I think he may have been investigated for that on more than one occasion though. I can't remember right now, and I'm too tired to look it up.
    he was cleared in one case, and another was still pending, i think

  8. #308
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    I love the amount of partisan hackery that something like this can stir up.

    You have liberals screaming out "TERRORIST, TERRORIST" about this that wouldn't use the word to describe the fort hord shooting.

    Meanwhile you have conservatives excusing vigilantism, bucking the rule of law, and suggesting its a GOOD thing that someone broke the law to do something. Mind you, the same conservatives...one of which is one of the most outspoken people on the server about this issue...who will go on, and on, and on about how we must crack down on illegal immigration because we are a nation of LAWS and if we excuse our laws being broken or ignore our laws being broken then that weakens our nation. I guess we must excuse MURDERERS that break the law but we must condemn with all righteous fury illegal aliens that break the law.

    He's not a terrorist, he's a murderer. Like the Fort Hood shooting there was no clear political message being sent (Him being politically motivated, which is debatable still, isn't enough). There was no indiscriminate killing aiming at a large body count. There was no ties to a terrorist organization. This was a murder, the man is a murderer, but he's not a terrorist.

    The man is absolutely wrong for doing it as well. If you find what Tiller is doing is disgusting, work to try and make it illegal. KILLING him is not justified, and should not be justified. This country does not function off vigilante law. If you say that someone should get off for manslaughter for this then someone should be able to get off on manslaughter for killing anyone THEY feel is doing something morally reprehensable. The man should get the book thrown at him in what is a pretty simple and clear cut case. He premeditatedly killed this doctor...he needs to either be locked away for life or fry.

  9. #309
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Debatable. At the time of his death, Tiller was being investigated for allegedly colluding with another doctor who apparently would certify that the mother's life was in danger, whether that was actually the case or not.
    Oh, in that case...

  10. #310
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Your hypothetical is idiotic and illogical james. See, if it were LEGAL to kill people for doing the things that you mentioned, those people who killed them would NOT be serial killers.

    They would be following the law. So your definitions are incorrect.
    See, what Dr. Tiller did was LEGAL; therefore he is NOT a serial killer by definition.



    A serial killer is a killer whose victims usually have something in common, for example occupation, race, appearance, sex, or age group. So my definition is correct about Tiller the baby serial killer. I believe that you have serial killer confused with mass murderer. A mass murderer is someone who murders a large amount of people over a short period of time, the key word here being murder which has everything to do with legality.




    If it was LEGAL to kill someone for protesting the war, the killer would be doing something LEGAL and therefore would not be a serial killer.
    Are you saying that if those things were legal tand Tiller did those things hen you would not condemn Scott Roeder for killing him?Please be a man and have the balls and integrity to answer the question.

    "What if anti-war/anti-military protests,homosexuality and abortion were illegal and it was legal to kill people for doing those things? Would you be saying "what ____ did was legal". you seem to forget that." or would you be hoping that someone would take out that serial killer and applaud who ever took out that serial killer?"
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •