Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 366

Thread: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

  1. #21
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Dr. Tiller deserved to die, I'm glad we agree.

    Dr. Tiller should have been tried and put to the needle, instead of an assassin's bullet, I'm sure we agree there also.
    Dr. Tiller committed no crime.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    Dr. Tiller committed no crime.
    As it stands today, neither did Scott Roeder.

  3. #23
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,073

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    The origin, nature, and development of life and consciousness is too mysterious for anyone to be able to justify their confidence in the humanity or non-humanity or life or non-life of fetuses.
    He was a late term abortion provider,so many of the babies he did kill were most likely viable,therefore they were capable of consciousness.



    If it wasn't, abortion would be uncontroversially legal or illegal.
    The lines are pretty much drawn in the sand on the abortion debate.Either you are actually against abortion because you view that it is wrong to take the life of an innocent human being or you are for abortion and you view an unborn child as nothing more than a toe nail or kidney or some other expendable part of the body. I think anyone who is actually against abortion should applaud the actions of Scott Reoder while only the abortionist should be the ones condemning Scott Roeder's actions.


    Disagreeing with the law and wanting it to be changed is one thing, but disregarding the mysteriousness it is based on to condemn a slain late-term abortionist in such strong terms is not a justified course of action.
    When the law turns a blind eye or refuses to act then vigilantism is sometimes the only way.

    Secondly, having opinions is not courageous. Voicing them can be, but not over the Internet.

    A lot of people who claim to actually be against abortion are cowards in regard to this matter. They are worried that abortionist(sickos who have no problem with the life of innocent human beings being taken)will somehow view them as sickos for applauding the efforts of someone who does take out a late term abortion provider.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #24
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,073

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Then, perhaps, you won't complain if a pro-abortion sharpshooter takes him out.

    Yes I would condemn the pro-abortion sharpshooter. Because the pro-abortion sharp shooter would be killing someone for killing a serial killer.

    After all, you found it a good thing to take out the doctor.
    Thats because the "doctor" was nothing more that a baby serial killer. So it is not the same thing.Roeder only killed one human being and that human being was not innocent.Tiller the Baby serial killer most likely killed hundreds of human beings who were all innocent.

    Someone on the other side must feel the same way about taking out the killer.

    I imagine so. I know why abortionist condemn Scott Roeder. In their eyes Roeder took out someone who was only removing the equivalent of a toenail. If Tiller the Baby serial killer specialized in killing adults and got away with it I seriously doubt most of them would be condemning someone for killing Tiller.


    Anarchy, anyone? Or are we a nation of laws?
    If the serial killer's victims were adults and the law refused to do anything about him, would you condemn someone for taking out that serial killer or would you be just fine with that serial killer being allowed to continue to still kill? If he is taken out he will be unable to kill anymore.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    I hope you realize you're generalizing here. While there are many people who applaud what the guy did (jamesrage, for example), I think that the consensus even among conservatives would be that the rule of law must be upheld, and that what this guy did was premeditated murder, which usually earns one either a life in prison or the death penalty.
    It was aimed at James, I phrased it poorly. I apologize to those not referred to. It was not meant to be a blanket statement, I should have done better.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #26
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It wasn't terrorism.

    Please keep the hysteria to a minimum
    Did it create terror? Yes.

    Are the acts of some on the anti-abortion side aimed at terrifying those who perform or would receive abortions? Yes.

    What else would you call it then? Oh, that's right, it's only terrorism when you don't agree with the cause...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #27
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Dr. Tiller deserved to die, I'm glad we agree.

    Dr. Tiller should have been tried and put to the needle, instead of an assassin's bullet, I'm sure we agree there also.
    We live in a country of laws. Tiller was not convicted of a crime. Therefore he did not deserve to die. Without that conviction, he did not deserve to die, and even with that conviction, he would not have been killed. So sorry, you are wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #28
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    As it stands today, neither did Scott Roeder.
    That will almost certainly change soon, and when he is convicted, as he almost certainly will be, he will serve his time as he should. He is a villain and a scoundrel and people like him deserve what they get.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #29
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,073

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Regardless of what YOU think about abortion, it is not illegal in the country. Why should people have to die for performing legal medical procedures?

    You view it as a medical procedure I view it as the act of taking an innocent human life. And he viewed abortion especially late term abortion as act of taking an innocent life. SO trying to call it a medical procedure doesn't fly.


    I'm not sure I see the difference. Terrorists don't have to kill multiple people for it to be terrorism. The general goal of terrorism (I know I'm oversimplifying a bit here) is to murder civilians to advance a political agenda, which is exactly what Mr. Roeder did.
    Roeder only killed one man nor did he blow up anything, so trying to call it terrorism is absurd.
    If you had evidence that Jeffrey Dahmer or Charles Manson was breaking the law, what would be the better course of action: A) Turn that evidence over to the police so that they can arrest him and try him in accordance with the law, B) Shoot him while he's sitting in church and not bothering anyone.
    What if the law said that they were not going to do anything regardless what ever evidence you gave them and a civilian did do something about it? Would A) condemn the man who took out that serial killer even though that serial killer being left alone would have resulted in more lives being taken or do you B) applaud the civilian for taking out the serial killer because a dead serial killer means that he will no longer be able to take another innocent human life?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Did it create terror? Yes.

    Are the acts of some on the anti-abortion side aimed at terrifying those who perform or would receive abortions? Yes.

    What else would you call it then? Oh, that's right, it's only terrorism when you don't agree with the cause...
    Terrorism means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents.

    Scott Roeder's act:

    • Premeditated? Yes
    • Politically motivated? No.
    • Violence? Yes.
    • Against noncombatant targets? No.
    • Was Scott Roeder a member of a subnational group? No.
    • Was Scott Roeder a clandestine agent? No.


    In order to be a terrorist act the act must meet all of the above 6 criteria.

    Scott Roeder's act only fulfills 2 of the 6 criteria, hence his act was not terrorism.

    It was some form of manslaughter yet to be determined.
    Last edited by Jerry; 01-11-10 at 01:01 AM.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •