Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 366

Thread: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Nowhere have I claimed otherwise. I am still justified in calling him a terrorist however, I just cannot use it in a legal sense, and if you will note post 5 in this thread, I said basically that.
    Subjective definitions are worthless.

  2. #132
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That has yet to be seen. I don't say that out of opinion or my distaste of late-term abortion, but because many of those abortions are still of questionable legality.

    Until the legality of those abortions is resolved, I can't say.
    Which is simply weaseling out of it, since there is going to be no trial on the legality of those abortions. However, no trial has yet convicted him.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #133
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,732

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Subjective definitions are worthless.
    I agree with you on that, like the definition of mass murderer, as stated in your posts.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #134
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Subjective definitions are worthless.
    They have value when talking about my subjective opinion, just as it's your subjective opinion that Tiller was a murderer.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ALF, a terrorist group, is associated with PETA and PETA is one of the biggest donors to the Democratic Party. It is the reason no Democrat who wants a career in Washington would ever dream of actually going after ALF, ELF or PETA.
    Okay. I didn't know that.

    Likewise the millions of pro-life people in this country who I'm sure applaud the work of this murderer are some of the biggest donors to the Republican Party. Do you not understand the political consequences of charging somebody who killed an abortion provider as a terrorist?
    Why would the Obama Justice Department worry about offending pro-lifers?

    1. Affiliation with terrorism supporters like David Leach.
    2. Affiliation with terrorist groups like Army of God(through David Leach)
    3. The target.

    Seriously. You're being obtuse.
    I'm not being obtuse. I'm just insisting that you make your case and establish it beyond a reasonable doubt. If that makes you upset, then perhaps we should terminate the discussion.

  6. #136
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Why would the Obama Justice Department worry about offending pro-lifers?
    Because there is no gain from doing so.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Do you have evidence that a crime was committed by the doctor?
    Those cases are in litigation. The key doubt surrounds money paid to an associate doctor who was the only person to sign off on the late-term abortions. There is a question as to weather this doctor complied with the law in interviewing the women to establish a need, and there appears to be a conflict of interest regarding how much money he was paid per signature.

    There is sufficient doubt to reasonably suggest that Dr. Tiller may have been performing illegal abortions. These cases are still in litigation.
    Last edited by Jerry; 01-11-10 at 03:17 AM.

  8. #138
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,732

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Those cases are in litigation. The key doubt surrounds money paid to an associate doctor who was the only person to sign off on the late-term abortions. There is a question as to weather this doctor complied with the law in interviewing the women to establish a need, and there appears to be a conflict of interest regarding how much money he was paid per signature.
    In other words, the doctor had not been convicted of anything, but you think it's OK to execute him for what you think might or might not be the case. Correct?
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    He committed a murder, and he will go to jail. There is no way around it. I just hope he doesn't get a manslaughter conviction because that would just be silly.

    The doctor was not a criminal. Abortion is legal. I think we've settled that bit.

    Was the gunman a terrorist? I would say yes because by killing the doctor he is sending a message to all other abortion doctors to not perform abortions lest they face violent consequences. Furthermore it sends a message of fear to women who might seek abortions to stay away from clinics because the clinics may be targeted for attacks. It tells government to change the policy or violence like it should be expected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia

    Anti-abortion violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Anti-abortion violence is a form of terrorism specifically visited upon people who or places which provide abortion. Such incidents range from the vandalism, arson, and bombings of abortion clinics, as committed by Eric Rudolph, to the murders or attempted murders of physicians and clinic staff, as committed by James Kopp and Peter James Knight.
    US CODE 2331
    (5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
    (A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
    (B) appear to be intended—
    (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
    (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
    (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
    (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.

    It fits the definition, even though murder charges will be sufficient.

    Jerry, you are wrong.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Those cases are in litigation. The key doubt surrounds money paid to an associate doctor who was the only person to sign off on the late-term abortions. There is a question as to weather this doctor complied with the law in interviewing the women to establish a need, and there appears to be a conflict of interest regarding how much money he was paid per signature.

    There is sufficient doubt to reasonably suggest that Dr. Tiller may have been performing illegal abortions. These cases are still in litigation.
    Whether or not that's true, it's irrelevant to the act of murder committed against him. Citizens don't carry out convictions and punishment, courts do. The doctor cannot be punished unless convicted, period.

    The fact that you are still trying to justify the murder astounds me.

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •