Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 366

Thread: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    U.S. Code definition of domestic terrorism :

    18 U.S.C. 2331 : US Code - Section 2331: Definitions



    Yes. He is a terrorist. The intention behind his act is clear. You don't assassinate one abortion provider because you dislike him. You kill him to send a message. The message? Change policy or he'll keep going.
    No, the intent behind his act is not clear. It's totally plausible that his motive was to murder a man he hated. Just because his motive has political undertones doesn't mean he was a terrorist.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,046

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    No, the intention behind his act is not clear. It's totally plausible that his motive was to murder a man he hated. Just because his motive has political undertones doesn't mean he was a terrorist.
    Of course it is. The only people who this doesn't seem clear to is people who are pro-life. I for one am not surprised.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Of course it is. The only people who this doesn't seem clear to is people who are pro-life.
    And the US justice system.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Legally, as in you think the law will stipulate that he killed a mass murderer? Here is where I stick the final nail into your coffin in this debate. Under the law, the doctor was not a mass murderer. That makes the killer's intentional shooting of a man, who is NOT legally defined as a mass murderer, a murder, and a criminal act.

    Thanks for playing.
    The legality of many of those late-term abortions are still in question, and will now come to Scott Roeder's difence.

    Had you actually read the article you might have seen:

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    In a pretrial hearing Friday, Kansas Judge Warren Wilbert said he might allow the defense to present evidence that Mr. Roeder acted in defense of others -- in this case, fetuses -- whom he believed to be under imminent threat. The judge said he would make that call as the trial proceeded, on a witness-by-witness basis.

    <snip>

    Under Kansas law, voluntarily manslaughter applies when an individual uses deadly force in the unreasonable but genuine belief that he was compelled to do so.
    Voluntarily manslaughter = not a murderer.

  5. #95
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The question is not rather he's a murderer, but rather he's a terrorist.

    You claimed in the OP that he is a terrorist, and that simply is not so.
    1) A shooting, for the purpose of intimidation, to change policy, IS terrorism. It's the dictionary definition.

    2) You use the legal definition to define him as NOT a terrorist.

    3) But the law says the doctor committed no crime.

    4) However, you do not apply the law there, as you did in saying that the killer is not a terrorist. You call the doctor a mass murderer, even though the law says he is not.

    Your argument is patently dishonest.
    Last edited by danarhea; 01-11-10 at 02:41 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So he wasn't trying to intimidate a civilian population by killing a person who provides that same population with a service?
    That's correct.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    1) A shooting, for the purpose of intimidation, to change policy, IS terrorism. It's the dictionary definition.
    You're just assuming that was his intent. What evidence do you have to support this implication?

  8. #98
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    you can intentionally shoot a man and not commit any crime.
    Which has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. I know, it's fun to play stupid games, but in this case, he intentionally shot an innocent(in the eyes of the law) man. No one is arguing this to my knowledge. If this is the case, he is, and most likely will be found to be, guilty of a crime. Little retard semantic games won't change this.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #99
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    You're just assuming that was his intent. What evidence do you have to support this implication?
    If we go by the legal definition, then Jerry must maintain that the doctor was innocent, and was murdered in cold blood. He can't have it both ways.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #100
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trial to Begin in Abortion-Doctor Killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The question is not rather he's a murderer, but rather he's a terrorist.

    You claimed in the OP that he is a terrorist, and that simply is not so.
    Depends on how you define terrorist. He is not being charged with terrorism, but he does meet the definition of terrorist I use.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •