Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 665

Thread: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

  1. #501
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    to me it's not a matter of "shots" as you say. it is in my opinion, living up to the rhetoric that is hurled at those on the right in the first place. If what is good for the goose....and so on. But I think that it shows the true thin skinned nature of liberals that are crying so loudly here Cap......


    j-mac
    Nah, it just demonstrates what I said. Some are more interesting in attacking the other side then either presenting their own or doing what's right. For some, winning is irrelevant. The fight is what counts.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #502
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Hate the game, not the players.
    If you play the game you are part of the problem... in fact you ARE the problem. The game can't exist without the players.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #503
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    How did he violate the constitution about health care? Did Eisenhower violate the constitution when he proposed the US Interstate system?

    Just because it doesn't say we can provide socialized health care in the constitution means nothing. What's important is that it is not forbidden by the Constitution.

    In fact, there are no laws against being a socialist and or communist for that matter.
    There's no law against it but that doesn't mean that it's not stupid - even the Russians had the sense to drop it.

    Anyway...........

    What Obama and the Dems violate is the law of common sense - they have this country in the worst mess it's been in in who knows how long - they doubled the deficit since taking control of the house and senate in 2007, and they doubled the unemployment rate. It's over 10%, and we all know that is fuzzy math.

    Bush inherited a 5,769.9 billion dollar debt from Clinton, we had 2 major economic disasters, 9/11 and Katrina, and the deficit was at 8,451.4 billion when the Dems took control of the house and senate - it's now at 14, 456.3 billion. The Dems are still spending like retards and Obama is rubberstamping everything they put in front of him.

    The Bureau of Labor Statistcs has the unemployment rate at 17.4% - that is not counting the millions upon millions who are collecting welfare for Democrat votes, and the millions upon millions of illegal aliens the Dems let in for future votes who are now also out of work, and the Dems are going to work it so they become citizens so they can be on welfare and free (taxpayer) health care so they will vote for the democrats who gave it to them.

    The ones who caused it still have their jobs and perks, but not for long - come 2010 - Democrats in the house and senate - TIMBER - come 2012 - Obama - TIMBER.
    Last edited by Tom Jones; 01-16-10 at 05:22 PM.

  4. #504
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    [quote=LiberalAvenger;1058490047]
    How did he violate the constitution about health care? Did Eisenhower violate the constitution when he proposed the US Interstate system?
    We can continue when you show where constitutionally he can mandate healthcare against the will of the majority. As far as Eisenhower he was within confines of the constitution to build roads.
    Just because it doesn't say we can provide socialized health care in the constitution means nothing. What's important is that it is not forbidden by the Constitution.
    The president can not force any citizen to accept a mandate under penalty of law, unless it within the realm of the constitution. There is a process for this, it called a amendment and there is a process to go about this, which this administration has failed to do. Not to mention he has violated the tenth amendment.

    In fact, there are no laws against being a socialist and or communist for that matter
    Your right there isn't but, it is unconstitutional to put upon a citizen socialist or communistic laws through a perceived mandate against there will.

  5. #505
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    [quote=deltabtry;1058490130]
    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    We can continue when you show where constitutionally he can mandate healthcare against the will of the majority. As far as Eisenhower he was within confines of the constitution to build roads.
    The president can not force any citizen to accept a mandate under penalty of law, unless it within the realm of the constitution. There is a process for this, it called a amendment and there is a process to go about this, which this administration has failed to do. Not to mention he has violated the tenth amendment.

    Your right there isn't but, it is unconstitutional to put upon a citizen socialist or communistic laws through a perceived mandate against there will.
    Obama is not mandating anything. In fact his "proposal" needs a two thirds majority in the senate to pass..

    Nothing in the constitution allows the president to mandate anything. He may issue executive orders. An example is when George H Bush gave an executive order forbidding assassination. Any sitting president can change an executive order with one of his own.

    The tenth amendment has never really been tested in the court. It is still considered an ambiguous amendment because there is so much disagreement about it between states and the federal government.

    I believe that Bush's election by the supreme court violated states rights. The Supremes overruled the Florida Courts who had ruled in Gore's favor.

  6. #506
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    [quote=LiberalAvenger;1058490147]
    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post

    Obama is not mandating anything. In fact his "proposal" needs a two thirds majority in the senate to pass..

    Nothing in the constitution allows the president to mandate anything. He may issue executive orders. An example is when George H Bush gave an executive order forbidding assassination. Any sitting president can change an executive order with one of his own.

    The tenth amendment has never really been tested in the court. It is still considered an ambiguous amendment because there is so much disagreement about it between states and the federal government.

    I believe that Bush's election by the supreme court violated states rights. The Supremes overruled the Florida Courts who had ruled in Gore's favor.
    The Enumerated Powers Act.. is a proposed law that would require all bills introduced in the U.S. Congress to include a statement setting forth the specific constitutional authority under which the law is being enacted. In every Congress since the 104th Congress, U.S. Congressman John Shadegg has introduced the Enumerated Powers Act, although it has not been passed into law. At the beginning of the 105th Congress, the House of Representatives incorporated the substantive requirement of the Enumerated Powers Act into the House rules
    Now this wasn't done according to house rules...why because it's unconstitutional. Pelosi couldn't even site the article in which this would fall to a CNS news reported when asked.
    When lawsuits are presented if or when this bill is passes, this bill will be defeated because of the lack on constitutionality. Now if this bill passes muster with SCOTUS, then you will witness a revolt in one form or another.

  7. #507
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    And I will take this solid advice and not stretch it, I'm not calling for Reid to step down or apologize, it was a poor choice of words we all make them.

    I will remain justified.

    And you will remain consistent when the next Republican has the race card played on him, you'll likewise be asking people not to stretch it. Right?
    Thank you. I'll make sure not to strecth anything anyone says.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  8. #508
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    [quote=LiberalAvenger;1058490147]
    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post

    Obama is not mandating anything. In fact his "proposal" needs a two thirds majority in the senate to pass..
    LOL - it is a mandate - the man is dating that two thirds majority and showering them with gifts - he's giving away the store just to get them in bed with him.

  9. #509
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    [quote=Tom Jones;1058490240]
    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post

    LOL - it is a mandate - the man is dating that two thirds majority and showering them with gifts - he's giving away the store just to get them in bed with him.
    OMG, it looks like I posted that but, it was Liberal Avengers response.

  10. #510
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    [quote=Tom Jones;1058490240]
    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post

    LOL - it is a mandate - the man is dating that two thirds majority and showering them with gifts - he's giving away the store just to get them in bed with him.
    Don't you know the difference between a mandate and a bribe?

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •