Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 665

Thread: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

  1. #471
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    It's quite obvious from just the first paragraph that you have no idea at all what you're talking about. If you're too young to remember the Johnson years, you could at least have paid attention in history class.

    Let me refresh your memory a little bit:

    Anti war protesters were staging demonstrations daily during the Johnson years, chanting things like, "Hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today?" and carrying signs, staging sit ins, marches, you name it. In 1968, Johnson had had enough, and did not run. If there is another example of a sitting president not running for a second term, it must be one from a history class I skipped, just as you seem to have skipped the ones dealing with the years 1963-68.

    As for the rest of your partisan nonsense, I'll leave that for another time. This post is already long enough.
    LOL - I fought in Vietnam - I did 3 tours - those protesters were liberal loons spurred on by our enemy - if you bothered to read what I wrote you would have read that I was talking about how the press played in the various wars - so don't go patting yourself on the back there too quickly.

  2. #472
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Can everyone agree that Reid was being racist when he said this about Obama, and the Republicans are justified in calling the Democrats out for a double standard? But, the GOP is stretching it when they call for Reid to step down as Senate Majority Leader.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  3. #473
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,529

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jones View Post
    LOL - I fought in Vietnam - I did 3 tours - those protesters were liberal loons spurred on by our enemy - if you bothered to read what I wrote you would have read that I was talking about how the press played in the various wars - so don't go patting yourself on the back there too quickly.
    The press did not ignore the war protesters during the Johnson administration, then begin to cover them when a Republican was elected. That's nonsense. The protesters may have been "liberal loons" in your estimation, but there were a lot of them, and they were well covered in the media. The party of the president in power at the time had absolutely nothing to do with the media attention, or anything else.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #474
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Can everyone agree that Reid was being racist when he said this about Obama, and the Republicans are justified in calling the Democrats out for a double standard? But, the GOP is stretching it when they call for Reid to step down as Senate Majority Leader.
    I agree - Reid was being racist when he said this about Obama, and the Republicans are justified in calling the Democrats out for a double standard.

    And I agree that it is stretching it when they call for Reid to step down as Senate Majority Leader - he will never step down - he's too arrogant for that.

    But the people will put him out in November if he doesn't bow out before that.

    I believe he will bow out, but he won't do it until the last minute, less those he is trying to convince to vote for the health care bill at their own peril see him jumping his own sinking ship because of it.
    Last edited by Tom Jones; 01-15-10 at 02:57 PM.

  5. #475
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The press did not ignore the war protesters during the Johnson administration, then begin to cover them when a Republican was elected. That's nonsense. The protesters may have been "liberal loons" in your estimation, but there were a lot of them, and they were well covered in the media. The party of the president in power at the time had absolutely nothing to do with the media attention, or anything else.
    No it's not nonsense - the press covered some of the protesting because it was news - they did not pound JFK or Johnson - the operative word being "pound" - not until Nixon inherited the war did the press start pounding on about the war - and the liberal loons kicked it up a whole bunch of notches too. After they got the backing of the pounding press they started spitting on returning soldiers.

    Even in Johnson's biographies it boasts of how he brilliantly handled the press - it had to do with how he was treated with kid gloves by the press, especially compared to Nixon - just like how the press treated Bush versus Obama - you have to be a fool not to see the bias.

    Anyway...........

    Nice - the Dems gave the soldiers the draft, sent them off to Vietnam because Bobby Kennedy convinced his brother John to do so, and Nixon and the returning soldiers took the brunt of it.
    Last edited by Tom Jones; 01-15-10 at 03:28 PM.

  6. #476
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,529

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jones View Post
    No it's not nonsense - the press covered some of the protesting because it was news - they did not pound JFK or Johnson - the operative word being "pound" - not until Nixon inherited the war did the press start pounding on about the war - and the liberal loons kicked it up a whole bunch of notches too. After they got the backing of the pounding press they started spitting on returning soldiers.

    Nice - the Dems gave the soldiers the draft, sent them off to Vietnam because Bobby Kennedy convinced his brother John to do so, and Nixon and the returning soldiers took the brunt of it.
    Why do you think Johnson didn't run in '68?

    Who do you think those "liberal loons" were chanting about when with "LBJ, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today?"

    Your assertion that the press only prints negative stories about Democrats is partisan nonsense.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #477
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Why do you think Johnson didn't run in '68?

    Who do you think those "liberal loons" were chanting about when with "LBJ, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today?"

    Your assertion that the press only prints negative stories about Democrats is partisan nonsense.
    You're confused - I never said that press only prints negative stories about Democrats.

    Anyway - ya, the loons spurred on by our enemy were out there, and the press wrote about it, but the press were kind to Johnson in comparison to Nixon - again, it's just like they are kind to Obama in comparison to Bush -the press was biased then and they are biased now, which was my point.

    Anyway - here's a footnote for you - Nixon said he would end the war and he did, and he ended the draft that was instituted by a Democrat - and if not for Nixon, if you are of age, you might be one of the 30,000 just volunteered by Obama to go to Afghanistan to fight the war on terror.
    Last edited by Tom Jones; 01-15-10 at 03:47 PM.

  8. #478
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    You used to much profanity in your post which was replaced by asterisks. That made it too ambiguous for me to understand.

    I don't understand some of the right wing nut code language.

    I'll let the readers judge.
    If you can't understand what I'm saying, it's not because of the two starred out words.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #479
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I am sorry but I would have to educate you before I explain because you can not understand my point.

    You assume that you know everybody who is a decent human and it's a fact just because you say so.

    I think that Nixon was a terrorist. He tried to poison his own people with paraquat.

    Ayers lived in the era of the Kent State Massacre and Nixon who would have wound up in prison if not pardoned by Gerald [bite the bullet] Ford. When you live in an era of tyrants it makes some people get really pissed off.
    I think that this post pretty much obliterates any credibility you ever may or may not have had.

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    BTW, I don't appreciate your insulting manner. You could be more civil, please.
    Irony at its finest.

  10. #480
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    More coded racism.
    You need to lighten up, that was from the movie Airplane which was a hit in it's day and also produced by Liberal Hollywood. BTW the term Racism is over used, kinda like the F bomb..know what I mean, it really has no weight anymore.

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •