Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 665

Thread: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

  1. #461
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Angry Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    This ought to clear things up....
    YouTube- Jive talkin subtitles-Airplane
    More coded racism.

  2. #462
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    More coded racism.
    Such as referring to "negro dialect?" As the Democrat Senate Majority leader?

    See LA, your arguments that statements made here are "coded racism"...or your ability to call out any statement that could be possible racism..whether "coded" or not..is challenged by your inconsistency.

    Would you call Senator Reid's comments "coded racism", for example? Beacuse if you do, should not your energies be spent throwing your racist coded Majority Leader out of office?

    And if you don't call it "coded racism", well then, this argument is over either way.

    Happy Friday.
    Last edited by Charles Martel; 01-15-10 at 10:57 AM.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  3. #463
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Hmmm... so when you said this:



    You meant that you were OK with all of that, correct?

    And btw, stop the foolish partisan hack baiting.
    I did not write that I was OK with it or not OK with it - please stop reading into it for what is not there.

    "foolish partisan hack baiting."?

    I am just stating facts - the Dems and liberals screamed about Bush sending in troops yet it was the Dems who sent many, many troops in to die in WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam - they are OK with that but not with Bush sending in troops to take it to them after they hit our mainland for the first time in history - and Bush executed it all with a minimal amount of loss compared to the Dems who lost thousands in single battles, and who knows what when added up.

    In WWII alone we lost half a million and it is said that somewhere between 50-70 million lives were lost - that's not counting WWI, Korea and Vietnam.

    It's just a friendly reminder - sorry if it bothers you.

  4. #464
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Charles, Reid's statement was clear on what he said. It was not said in a mean spirited manner. I think the senator's age had a lot to do with his rhetoric.

    Obama even defended him after it occurred.

    I do believe that the Obama haters are barking up the wrong tree.

    In fact, rhetoric aside, it was true, I believe.

  5. #465
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Charles, Reid's statement was clear on what he said. It was not said in a mean spirited manner. I think the senator's age had a lot to do with his rhetoric.

    Obama even defended him after it occurred.

    I do believe that the Obama haters are barking up the wrong tree.

    In fact, rhetoric aside, it was true, I believe.
    The truth of the matter is, Reid should have never opened his mouth with what he did, but he is an arrogant sob, so he did - and it is even more arrogant of him to speak for the hearts of the voters in this country - I can see if he was a know-nothing, do-nothing, no-effect common citizen and he said what he did, but he is a sitting U.S. Senator, the Democrat majority leader to be exact - it's obvious that he should have kept his big, dumb mouth shut.

  6. #466
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Charles, Reid's statement was clear on what he said. It was not said in a mean spirited manner. I think the senator's age had a lot to do with his rhetoric.
    Excuses, excuses. What you were labeling "coded racism" in here wasn't mean spirited either, but racist all the same according to you, correct?

    Obama even defended him after it occurred.
    Well if Obama doesn't think so, then, the racism whether coded or not...vanishes...is your argument?

    I do believe that the Obama haters are barking up the wrong tree.
    I do too. This remark is so irrelevant and look how Reid must cowtow and apologize. We're so sensitive, it's an absolute shame.

    In fact, rhetoric aside, it was true, I believe.
    Everyone knows it's true, many will continue to deny it, but, it is true. The fact that Reid must now apologize and sing songs to deflect is what is such a joke. The fact that you must use "Obama even defended him" as a defense quite telling as well. Obama is irrelevant Sir, in determining whether this was racism. A "negro dialect" is lost on no one, we're too sensitive to admit it. What you say today trumps your behavior. It's truly amazing. Reid should be judged by his actions...he's a staunch defender of civil rights. However, our Republican Party sees an oppotunity to point out the obvious double standards by the race baiting Left.
    Last edited by Charles Martel; 01-15-10 at 11:50 AM.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  7. #467
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Max, I am glad that you are such a fervent crusader for civil rights.

  8. #468
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jones View Post
    I did not write that I was OK with it or not OK with it - please stop reading into it for what is not there.

    "foolish partisan hack baiting."?

    I am just stating facts - the Dems and liberals screamed about Bush sending in troops yet it was the Dems who sent many, many troops in to die in WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam - they are OK with that but not with Bush sending in troops to take it to them after they hit our mainland for the first time in history - and Bush executed it all with a minimal amount of loss compared to the Dems who lost thousands in single battles, and who knows what when added up.

    In WWII alone we lost half a million and it is said that somewhere between 50-70 million lives were lost - that's not counting WWI, Korea and Vietnam.

    It's just a friendly reminder - sorry if it bothers you.
    So, I asked you if you were OK with the US fighting those wars. Are you?

    And yes, "foolish partisan hack baiting". Stop doing it.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #469
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    So, I asked you if you were OK with the US fighting those wars. Are you?

    And yes, "foolish partisan hack baiting". Stop doing it.
    Somebody is a master baiter.

  10. #470
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,505

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jones View Post
    Funny how JFK, a Dem, sent troops into Nam, then Johnson, another Dem, escalted the war like no tomorrow with not much from the press - not until Nixon inherited their mess was the war and Nixon's part pounded in the press.
    It's quite obvious from just the first paragraph that you have no idea at all what you're talking about. If you're too young to remember the Johnson years, you could at least have paid attention in history class.

    Let me refresh your memory a little bit:

    Anti war protesters were staging demonstrations daily during the Johnson years, chanting things like, "Hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today?" and carrying signs, staging sit ins, marches, you name it. In 1968, Johnson had had enough, and did not run. If there is another example of a sitting president not running for a second term, it must be one from a history class I skipped, just as you seem to have skipped the ones dealing with the years 1963-68.

    As for the rest of your partisan nonsense, I'll leave that for another time. This post is already long enough.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •