Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 665

Thread: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

  1. #321
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,276

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jones View Post
    Reid is a racist. I mean......... if a man is darker then what? And what the hell about how a negro talks?

    He should have never said what he did, and the worst part is quite a few people are letting him get away with it because of politics. They are nothing but dumb whores kissing a little racist twirp's ass.
    Reid could have described that talk as "nigger jive" if he wanted, and they would have protected his ass. Obama would have shook his hand. I mean Reid is the one that sent Obama forward to run for president.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #322
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I still think Hillary was a better candidate. She was even more lightskinned than Obama, and I can only remember her speaking Negro Dialect once. So if we use Harry's criteria as for what makes a great president (look and talk white as much as possible) - Hillary was the obvious, better choice.
    Actually, you would be wrong.


    Politically incorrect comment warning. If you are sensitive to discussion of race, don't read what's to follow.



    Being an astute politician, he understood that what they need was "milk chocolate", not "dark chocolate" (the likes of Al Sharpton?) or "vanilla" (Bill or Hillary). Obama appeals to blacks, without putting off whites. The perfect combination. I don't think that's racist, just cynical. And the thing is I think he's right, I believe Obama could become the first black president of America because he's half-white. All his other attributes help - he's articulate, smart and opportunistic. But I don't think those would be enough if he doesn't look like he does.
    Last edited by nonpareil; 01-11-10 at 11:16 PM.

  3. #323
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Reid could have described that talk as "nigger jive" if he wanted, and they would have protected his ass. Obama would have shook his hand. I mean Reid is the one that sent Obama forward to run for president.
    If Obama wants to be Reid's whore that's OK with me, but I do not like what Reid has said because it degrades Black people - he degraded Blacks because he is a racist little twirp who thinks he can say anything he wants without reprisal.

  4. #324
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,276

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jones View Post
    If Obama wants to be Reid's whore that's OK with me, but I do not like what Reid has said because it degrades Black people - he degraded Blacks because he is a racist little twirp who thinks he can say anything he wants without reprisal.
    He can get away with it because the Democrat Party is a bunch of hypocritical racists who have kept blacks on the welfare leash for over 40 years. Their policies are not only socialist, they are racist. Ever notice who is first to bring up race anytime, a Democrat politician. Only Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson can beat them to the draw. Where is the black prosperity that was promised 40 years ago??? Where is it, I'll tell you. It's in the Democrat Party bank account.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #325
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    He can get away with it because the Democrat Party is a bunch of hypocritical racists who have kept blacks on the welfare leash for over 40 years. Their policies are not only socialist, they are racist. Ever notice who is first to bring up race anytime, a Democrat politician. Only Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson can beat them to the draw. Where is the black prosperity that was promised 40 years ago??? Where is it, I'll tell you. It's in the Democrat Party bank account.
    The Dems in the south held the slaves and the Republicans fought to free them - the Dems in the south fought against civil rights in the 60's and the Republican congress wrote comprehensive civil rights legislation and fought to get it past - the Dems do keep Blacks down with their welfare crumbs and Republicans want to bring them up out of the slump the Dems have then in, even with school vouchers - god forbid if they ended up going to a school where their kids go - the Dems had an opportunity to reach into Black communities and train them in the construction industry, which wouldn't have taken much, but instead allowed millions of illegal aliens in to do the work instead, and now they want to do the same with the illegal aliens - hook them up with welfare for votes.

    I can see the Dems getting away with this **** years ago, but in the day of information technology...damn, they have dumbed them down better than I could ever imagine.

  6. #326
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Growing up in Texas, "Negro" was the name used for "Black" people, as a show of respect. And the name they refereed to themselves as. The Signs on the buses, restrooms, and water fountains, said "Colored". but they were never called "Black' back then. that would have been insulting. --It gets harder to keep up with all the new terms, people give themselves.---I try to just call folks by there names, and be done with all the labels. Is this 2010, or 1910?
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

  7. #327
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    Growing up in Texas, "Negro" was the name used for "Black" people, as a show of respect. And the name they refereed to themselves as. The Signs on the buses, restrooms, and water fountains, said "Colored". but they were never called "Black' back then. that would have been insulting. --It gets harder to keep up with all the new terms, people give themselves.---I try to just call folks by there names, and be done with all the labels. Is this 2010, or 1910?
    Ya, and for Reid to use the word negro....... he obviously has his head stuck in the good ol' days of the south and the KKK right along with the other congressional Dems like Robert Byrd, also a member of the KKK.

  8. #328
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,413
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Reid could have described that talk as "nigger jive" if he wanted, and they would have protected his ass. Obama would have shook his hand. I mean Reid is the one that sent Obama forward to run for president.
    In the words of Eric Holder... Obama and Democrats are Capital "C" Cowards when it comes to dealing with race issues.

    100% bonafide, certified, personified Cowards on dealing with race.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #329
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Being an astute politician, he understood that what they need was "milk chocolate", not "dark chocolate" (the likes of Al Sharpton?) or "vanilla" (Bill or Hillary). Obama appeals to blacks, without putting off whites.
    His being lightskinned and half white had blacks mostly skeptical of "the magic negro." But this was something he was able overcome by using the negro dialect he somehow picked up in Hawaii. I hear South Central Honolulu is a rough neighborhood.

    Most whites didn't vote for Obama.

  10. #330
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    His being lightskinned and half white had blacks mostly skeptical of "the magic negro." But this was something he was able overcome by using the negro dialect he somehow picked up in Hawaii. I hear South Central Honolulu is a rough neighborhood.

    Most whites didn't vote for Obama.
    Define "most". If you mean a simple majority, you are correct. However, I'm curious as to how you would quantify "most".
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •