Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 665

Thread: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

  1. #141
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And again, you are back to attacking the messenger instead of the message.
    That is only providing the reader understands the message. For the life of me, I am at a loss as to what your message is.

  2. #142
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Oh come on.

    He was talking to REPORTERS.
    I can find no reference to reporters in the story. Nor do we know if he was talking on the record, or just chatting.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #143
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    That is only providing the reader understands the message. For the life of me, I am at a loss as to what your message is.
    If saying that politicians deserve some privacy is too complex a message for you, I am sorry.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #144
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If saying that politicians deserve some privacy is too complex a message for you, I am sorry.
    Why didn't you say that in the first place?

  5. #145
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If saying that politicians deserve some privacy is too complex a message for you, I am sorry.
    Screw that. They chose their profession, and all the drawbacks that come with it.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #146
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    People are allowed to be idiots in private, and people should have some reasonable assumption that what they say will be private. To me the problem is not that Reid made a stupid comment, but that we even know about it. Politicians do deserve private time, just like any one else.
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Why didn't you say that in the first place?
    You where saying?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #147
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Screw that. They chose their profession, and all the drawbacks that come with it.
    My problem is that if you subject that kind of added pressure to the job, the only ones who will want it are ones whos drive solely for power overrides their drive for a seminormal life. In other words, we end up with a lot less of the type of politician we want.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #148
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You where saying?
    Simplicity is the key to all things profound.

  9. #149
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    My problem is that if you subject that kind of added pressure to the job, the only ones who will want it are ones whos drive solely for power overrides their drive for a seminormal life. In other words, we end up with a lot less of the type of politician we want.
    See, I'm of the belief that we want intelligent people in office, so those who can't handle the pressures and end up doing stupid **** like this are the ones we want weeded out.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #150
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster
    You mean like when liberals accused Trent Lott of Racism for being nice to Strom Thurmond on his birthday?
    Uh no, I was talking about Liz Cheney and George Will basically telling her to shut up, you're stupid, this morning on ABC's 'This Week'...

    What are you blathering about?
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •