Page 90 of 184 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #891
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    Don't forget about spreading Socialism. They also do that.
    Strange that Liberals are not asserting the arguments found mainly amung radical evangelicals.

  2. #892
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    One wonders why you brought up animals, then.
    He brought it up to prove that homosexuality is natural, so a nature god would not frown down upon it.

  3. #893
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    He brought it up to prove that homosexuality is natural, so a nature god would not frown down upon it.
    OOooohhh the Naturalistic Fallacy....well that's just another reason to reject his sources.

  4. #894
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,131

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    OOooohhh the Naturalistic Fallacy....well that's just another reason to reject his sources.
    It usually goes like this with you...

    Jerry: God says homosexuality is bad.
    Me: How so?
    Jerry: Homosexuality is unnatural
    Me: Animals engage in homosexual behavior in the wild
    Jerry: Oh, so now you are getting your morals from nature!
    Me: Then what is your basis for arguing against homosexuality?
    Jerry: God says homosexuality is bad.

    Frankly, its too retarded to go through again.

  5. #895
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    It usually goes like this with you...

    Jerry: God says homosexuality is bad.
    Me: How so?
    Jerry: Homosexuality is unnatural
    Me: Animals engage in homosexual behavior in the wild
    Jerry: Oh, so now you are getting your morals from nature!
    Me: Then what is your basis for arguing against homosexuality?
    Jerry: God says homosexuality is bad.

    Frankly, its too retarded to go through again.
    Wow that's not even close to an accurate representation of our conversation.

  6. #896
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,131

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Wow that's not even close to an accurate representation of our conversation.
    That is more or less how it comes across on my side.

    You want an ethical argument for homosexuality?

    If it occurs between consenting adults, it does not harm anyone.

  7. #897
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Moderator's Warning:
    New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage BillEveryone needs to stop the personal attacks, now.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #898
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    That is more or less how it comes across on my side.
    Even though I didn't say anything close to what you claim I did? I mean the words are even spelled differently.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You want an ethical argument for homosexuality?
    I already have one, but thank you

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    If it occurs between consenting adults, it does not harm anyone.
    Oh, yeah, wow, how original, the 'consenting adult' argument. It takes it's place next to the 'strictly legal contract', 'rights' and 'change marriage into something else' arguments. I thought you had something original to bring to the table. You're just recycling the same old material.


    ****
    CT: Here's an original argument by a Conservative.

    Me: Actually that's a mix of 2 old arguments by Liberals, and this part in particular is hypocritical.

    CT: That part is not hypocritical because Jefferson changed some other unrelated portion of the bible.

    Me: Since Jefferson did not change the relevant portion of the bible, that part of the argument is still hypocritical.

    CT: If it's natural, it is therefore acceptable/good/moral'.

    Me: You're using old arguments which have already lost, and are now using obvious logical fallacies.

    CT: ZOMG you're hiding behind the bible!!

    Me: You brought scripture into this with your link, not me. Don't like it, don't bring it up.
    Last edited by Jerry; 01-10-10 at 11:49 PM.

  9. #899
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,131

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Even though I didn't say anything close to what you claim I did? I mean the words are even spelled differently.



    I already have one, but thank you



    Oh, yeah, wow, how original, the 'consenting adult' argument. It takes it's place next to the 'strictly legal contract', 'rights' and 'change marriage into something else' arguments. I thought you had something original to bring to the table. You're just recycling the same old material.


    ****
    CT: Here's an original argument by a Conservative.

    Me: Actually that's a mix of 2 old arguments by Liberals, and this part is hypocritical.

    CT: That part is not hypocritical because Jefferson changed some other unrelated portion of the bible.

    Me: Since. Jefferson did not change the relevent portion of the bible, that part of the argument is still hypocritical.

    CT: If it's natural, it is therefore acceptable'.

    Me: You're using old arguments which have already lost, and are now using obvious logical fallacies.

    CT: ZOMG you're hiding behind the bible!!

    Me: You brought scripture into this with your link, not me. Don't like it, don't bring it up.
    Yeah, that is exactly how it went.

    To get the thread back on track...

    There are numerous conservative arguments that could be made for same sex marriage. Of course, not everyone agrees on what constitutes conservative ideals.

  10. #900
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Yeah, that is exactly how it went.
    Yup

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    To get the thread back on track...
    To try again because you keep loosing...

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    There are numerous conservative arguments that could be made for same sex marriage. Of course, not everyone agrees on what constitutes conservative ideals.
    Ahh moving the goal posts now, I see....trying to make room to define Conservationism however you wish, just as you were trying to re-paint Conservatives with the hyphenated 'liberal label a couple pages back.

    Step #1: Rename the thing. You're holding true to procedure at least.

    Generally speaking, if you can't imagine Rush Limbaugh supporting a particular argument, it's probably not a Conservative argument.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •