Page 66 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #651
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    OK CC but I will never understand why Liberals are ashamed at being addressed as such.........I don't call all that just the ones that claim to be moderate or independent and in every thread they spout left wing rhetoric.......For instant I try not ot call DD that because he is one and is proud of it.........
    It's more about folks like Blackdog. He's NOT a liberal... I've seen him post a lot and is not left-wing. I don't care if you call me "your left-wing friend"... I lean left and I am your friend. But Blackdog doesn't want you to, so for him, don't.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #652
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Actually no, because he had an original mother and father. It was still in the natural order of things. He knew his biological father. It would only work if one of his 2 daddies died, then he wouldn't be looked at so troubling. The school authorities would merely assume that his mother had passed away.
    In bold. Appeal to tradition or Appeal to nature logical fallacy. Doesn't fly... sorry. But here, try this one:

    Here's the dilemma, bicycleman. Suppose little Johnny gets into trouble at school and gets expelled. The Principal sends a note home to his parents. Johnny is instructed that if he wants to get back to school, he must have both his mother and father come to school to explain why he should be readmitted to the school. That puts poor little Johnny in a quandary because his mother was artificially inseminated and he never knew his father. Whatever will he do, now?

    Oh, and you never addressed this part:

    Do you realize how absolutely ridiculous your example sounds? This is NOT how it occurs. A parent or guardian would be required to do this, not both. Your example is foolish and not part of reality.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 01-09-10 at 04:38 PM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #653
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    It's more about folks like Blackdog. He's NOT a liberal... I've seen him post a lot and is not left-wing. I don't care if you call me "your left-wing friend"... I lean left and I am your friend. But Blackdog doesn't want you to, so for him, don't.
    I hate to say this but this is a personal conversation btwn u 2. Id like to suggest you guys take it to PMs

  4. #654
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    It's more about folks like Blackdog. He's NOT a liberal... I've seen him post a lot and is not left-wing. I don't care if you call me "your left-wing friend"... I lean left and I am your friend. But Blackdog doesn't want you to, so for him, don't.
    OK but every post I have seen Black Dog post has been very liberal, especially in the area of gay marriage he is about as far left as you can get......I will do as you say though.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #655
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I hate to say this but this is a personal conversation btwn u 2. Id like to suggest you guys take it to PMs
    Eh, it was brought up here and it DOES happen at times. Issue's over, though.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #656
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I hate to say this but this is a personal conversation btwn u 2. Id like to suggest you guys take it to PMs
    Not so. Any answer that we give to one another, benefits the whole.

  7. #657
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Not so. Any answer that we give to one another, benefits the whole.
    He meant the whole "left wing friend" thing. Issue's done, anyway. Let's move on.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #658
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    In bold. Appeal to tradition or Appeal to nature logical fallacy. Doesn't fly... sorry. But here, try this one:

    Here's the dilemma, bicycleman. Suppose little Johnny gets into trouble at school and gets expelled. The Principal sends a note home to his parents. Johnny is instructed that if he wants to get back to school, he must have both his mother and father come to school to explain why he should be readmitted to the school. That puts poor little Johnny in a quandary because his mother was artificially inseminated and he never knew his father. Whatever will he do, now?
    Still not a problem because it equates to the fact that his dad may have been killed in the war, thus causing him to grow up without a father.


    Oh, and you never addressed this part:

    Do you realize how absolutely ridiculous your example sounds? This is NOT how it occurs. A parent or guardian would be required to do this, not both. Your example is foolish and not part of reality.
    If my point is ridiculous, then why do you bother coming here with a counter argument?

  9. #659
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    OK CC but I will never understand why Liberals are ashamed at being addressed as such.........I don't call all that just the ones that claim to be moderate or independent and in every thread they spout left wing rhetoric.......For instant I try not ot call DD that because he is one and is proud of it.........
    The problem is you think anyone who disagrees with you is a "left winger." I am a Moderate conservative. I tend to be a little more socially liberal because the Constitution protects the minority against the tyranny of the majority.

    Just from this thread here is the criteria you set for being conservative...

    We must treat all Arabs as terrorists, Muslim or not.
    Freedom of Religion is only for Christians, because we are a Christan nation.
    Gays are perverts because anal sex is disgusting.
    More government is OK for security against the brown skinned folk.

    This is like some caricature of white people from the 30's and 40's. Just replace Arab with Japanese.

    Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #660
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    All of which is nothing but your opinion, as I said. Appeal to Tradition. Sorry, but the bible is NOT evidence. Try again.
    If so, why is the Constitution based on these Biblical truths?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •