Page 64 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #631
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Here's the dilemma, Red. Suppose little Johnny gets into trouble at school and gets expelled. The Principal sends a note home to his parents. Johnny is instructed that if he wants to get back to school, he must have both his mother and father come to school to explain why he should be readmitted to the school. That puts poor little Johnny in a quandary because he has 2 daddys or 2 mommies. It also embarasses him in front of school authorities, and his school mates may also hear of it and tease him. Poor little Johnny has now become the poor little pawn now. No one ever thinks of the consequences to the child.
    Here's the dilemma, bicycleman. Suppose little Johnny gets into trouble at school and gets expelled. The Principal sends a note home to his parents. Johnny is instructed that if he wants to get back to school, he must have both his mother and father come to school to explain why he should be readmitted to the school. That puts poor little Johnny in a quandary because his father died. Whatever will he do, now?

    Do you realize how absolutely ridiculous your example sounds? This is NOT how it occurs. A parent or guardian would be required to do this, not both. Your example is foolish and not part of reality.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #632
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So your point is that gender discrimination under the law is okay?
    My point is its a man and a woman.........That is not a change.....There is no gender discrimination.......any man can marry any woman........
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 01-09-10 at 04:19 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #633
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    LOL Let me get this straight. You need proof the bunghole is for excreting excrement?

    Please tell me you aren't serious.
    You are describing A purpose. Prove it is THE purpose. A link to the designers website would suffice.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #634
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Why is it that people on this forum have such trouble figuring out the purpose of various parts of the body? If it were something like the appendix, I might understand.
    Why is it that some people on this forum have such a difficult time discerning between A purpose and THE purpose? If they had evidence of such, you would think they would show it.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #635
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Huh?

    Your argument was that the people should vote on civil rights.

    Stick with one argument.

    Since you seem to like to change your argument and go in circles, I'll just write them all out and the rebuttals for each.

    1. The purpose of the anus is not for anal sex.

    Has nothing to do with marriage because either heterosexuals or homosexuals could engage in anal sex. Lesbians don't engage in anal sex. And neither the government nor you has any business with what people do in their bedrooms.

    2. Same sex marriage would allow for alternative forms of marriage.

    There is a strong evidence base supporting same sex marriage that does not extend to other forms of marriage such as polygamy or incest. This includes evidence which shows that both partners benefit from marriage and same sex couples are just as capable of raising children as different sex couples. Given that the civil purpose of marriage is to provide for stable relationships and homes to raise children, these are vital factors which the evidence supports for same sex marriage, but not for polygamous or incestuous relationships.

    Also, the number of children being raised in polygamous and incestuous homes is very small, but 8 to 10 million children are being raised by gay parents and same sex couples, which indicates a large population of young people who could benefit from same sex marriage.

    3. The people should vote on same sex marriage.

    This is a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy. The founders of this country envisioned protecting the rights of minorities from the will of the majority. In doing so, they created a system of checks in balances, whereby the legislature and the Supreme Court could protect the civil rights of minorities. Hence, it makes no more sense to have people vote on same sex marriage than it would have to have had them vote on interracial marriage. For that matter, just because a majority is against an idea, does not mean the idea is wrong. Most people were against interracial marriage, but that doesn't mean interracial marriage was wrong then or is wrong now.

    Wrong again my argument is about not refining the definition of marriage...........

    1. and to me its just as disgustingregardless if the person is straight or gay...

    2. according to the 14th amendment the equal protection clause.......You can't just have it your way...If gay marriage was ever approved there are a bunch of polygamysts out in Utah right now ready to apply for marriage....
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 01-09-10 at 04:27 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #636
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    My point is its a man and a woman.........That is not a change.....There is no gender discrimination.......any man can marry any woman........
    So why can I do something a woman can not. Marry a woman. It is based on gender. The simple fact is I can marry a woman because of my gender.

  7. #637
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by roderic View Post
    Any particular reason for this, or is this just a typical rightwing kneejerk reaction when losing an argument?
    Typical rightwing kneejerk reaction.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #638
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Like I told you when all your political beliefs are far left, I don't care what you call yourself you are a left winger. You may not know it but you are........Now this thread is not about me so please try and stay on the primary topic.......thanks.........
    NP, no offense, but this thread isn't about others, either, so don't refer to folks as "left-wingers" if they do not want to be called that.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #639
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So why can I do something a woman can not. Marry a woman. It is based on gender. The simple fact is I can marry a woman because of my gender.
    Yes you can..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #640
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    NP, no offense, but this thread isn't about others, either, so don't refer to folks as "left-wingers" if they do not want to be called that.
    That should also include us conservatives being labeled as bigots since that has occurred more than once. Mind you, it doesn't bother me, but it has happened, none the less.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •