Page 63 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #621
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by roderic View Post
    Nothing radical about referring to "parents" rather than "mother and father", that was silly nonsense creating an issue where there is none - except for bigoted fundamentalists.
    But homosexuals and their supporters are not?

  2. #622
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Don't fall into their trap my friend, hey are losing the debate and grasping for straws by chnanging the subject of the thread..they have a habit of doing that when they get creamed............
    Me thinks that's a strawman argument that I am accused of so much, here.

  3. #623
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    How did you go about determining this "primary mission"?
    God determined its function when he created man and woman. Ask any doctor its function, and he will also tell you. Now you can plug it up if you so desire, but eventually you're not going to be very happy at the outcome.

  4. #624
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Sorry interracial marriage was about a man and a woman.gay marriage is not..........
    Huh?

    Your argument was that the people should vote on civil rights.

    Stick with one argument.

    Since you seem to like to change your argument and go in circles, I'll just write them all out and the rebuttals for each.

    1. The purpose of the anus is not for anal sex.

    Has nothing to do with marriage because either heterosexuals or homosexuals could engage in anal sex. Lesbians don't engage in anal sex. And neither the government nor you has any business with what people do in their bedrooms.

    2. Same sex marriage would allow for alternative forms of marriage.

    There is a strong evidence base supporting same sex marriage that does not extend to other forms of marriage such as polygamy or incest. This includes evidence which shows that both partners benefit from marriage and same sex couples are just as capable of raising children as different sex couples. Given that the civil purpose of marriage is to provide for stable relationships and homes to raise children, these are vital factors which the evidence supports for same sex marriage, but not for polygamous or incestuous relationships.

    Also, the number of children being raised in polygamous and incestuous homes is very small, but 8 to 10 million children are being raised by gay parents and same sex couples, which indicates a large population of young people who could benefit from same sex marriage.

    3. The people should vote on same sex marriage.

    This is a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy. The founders of this country envisioned protecting the rights of minorities from the will of the majority. In doing so, they created a system of checks in balances, whereby the legislature and the Supreme Court could protect the civil rights of minorities. Hence, it makes no more sense to have people vote on same sex marriage than it would have to have had them vote on interracial marriage. For that matter, just because a majority is against an idea, does not mean the idea is wrong. Most people were against interracial marriage, but that doesn't mean interracial marriage was wrong then or is wrong now.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 01-09-10 at 03:56 PM.

  5. #625
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    God determined its function when he created man and woman. Ask any doctor its function, and he will also tell you. Now you can plug it up if you so desire, but eventually you're not going to be very happy at the outcome.
    I figured that "God" would come into the equation eventually.

  6. #626
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    This is a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy. The founders of this country envisioned protecting the rights of minorities from the will of the majority. In doing so, they created a system of checks in balances, whereby the legislature and the Supreme Court could protect the civil rights of minorities.
    Do these rights also include child molesters, rapists, sado masochists, and other perverted devations from the norm? You're equating our founding fathers with unintended subjects. You forget that these types of abberrant behaviors were looked upon as the gravest sins by our founding fathers, and individuals involved in this type of behavior would have surely been put to death.

  7. #627
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I figured that "God" would come into the equation eventually.
    That's because he has always been.

  8. #628
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Do these rights also include child molesters, rapists, sado masochists, and other perverted devations from the norm?
    No. What occurs between consenting adults is protected by the Constitution. What occurs coercively is not.

    You're equating our founding fathers with unintended subjects. You forget that these types of abberrant behaviors were looked upon as the gravest sins by our founding fathers, and individuals involved in this type of behavior would have surely been put to death.
    The founding fathers also denied women the right to vote and owned slaves. What is your point? That the founding fathers had a perfect vision of what was moral and right?
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 01-09-10 at 04:11 PM.

  9. #629
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    That's because he has always been.
    You are entitled to your beliefs.

  10. #630
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    The Bible, take your pick of which translation. I prefer King James.





    God's laws are written in the Bible for man to follow.
    All of which is nothing but your opinion, as I said. Appeal to Tradition. Sorry, but the bible is NOT evidence. Try again.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •