Page 61 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #601
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    What is a true conservative? Please define without using Wikipedia.
    Don't fall into their trap my friend, hey are losing the debate and grasping for straws by chnanging the subject of the thread..they have a habit of doing that when they get creamed............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #602
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I don't care but that does not mean I don't know the primary mission of the anus as you seem to not know..............
    How did you go about determining this "primary mission"?

  3. #603
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Actually, you are wrong. Same sex marriage can be approved under the grounds that a strong evidence base shows that it is beneficial to both partcipants and that same sex couples can raise children just as well as different sex couples. Can you provide such an evidence base for polygamous families? Incestuous couples? People who want to have sex with animals or children? I don't think so.

    In addition to that, up to 8 to 10 million children of gay parents and same sex couples would benefit from same sex marriage. Can you argue anywhere near that number of children would benefit from incestuous marriage? Polygamous marriage?

    Trying to oversimply this argument isn't going to work. The parental evidence and number of children who would benefit are factors supporting same sex marriage, and there is no such parental evidence or number of children who would benefit from recognizing other forms of marriage like polygamy or incestuous.


    Maybe you can help me my left wing friend.......Where has same sex marriage been approved when a vote by the people took place?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #604
    Borg Commander roderic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Thailand
    Last Seen
    04-18-12 @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    879

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    ...
    Trying to oversimply this argument isn't going to work. ...
    But it is what's left after all else failed, and it is just as easily rebutted.
    "REGRETTABLE NECESSITY, n. An avoidable atrocity. The term is often employed by presidents and prime ministers when announcing bombings of civilian targets and invasions of small countries."
    óChaz Bufe

  5. #605
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You said that, not me..............
    Well then what do you mean?

  6. #606
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    How did you go about determining this "primary mission"?
    Come on I give you credit for being smarter then that......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #607
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Yes my left wing friend its called the 14th amendment, the equal protecttion clause..........
    You just did it again.

    I am not "left wing" it is not my name, and not my ideology. I am a Jeffersonian Constitutionalist for lack of a better term.

    I am not even getting into the bigotry you preach against Arabs as that is a thread all by itself.

    Your arguments and attitude exemplify the worst America has to offer. You would sacrifice freedom for security. You would sacrifice freedom for one group of people based on little more then ethnicity. You would sacrifice freedom in the name of God, who said to OBEY the laws of your government because HE is the one that put them in place.

    In the end you seem to feel anyone who disagrees with you is "left wing" whether they are or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #608
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Oh Please...that is just plain silly. The school would already be aware when the child registered...and let me also give you a clue....non-"traditional" families are quite common and the vast majority of people in this country are accepting even if not necessarily supportive of the concept. The only people who would make an issue of this in today's world arethe old fuddy-duddies and the evangelicals that want to spin it into an issue to promote their radical agenda.
    Actually, no. It is the leftist movement who has spun it into their radical agenda and branded anyone espousing morals and decency to be bigots.

  9. #609
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Maybe you can help me my left wing friend.......Where has same sex marriage been approved when a vote by the people took place?
    You mean legislatively? Maine, Vermont. and New Hampshire.

    You mean by people referendum? Nowhere.

    Of course I don't why that is an argument since interracial marriage was never approved by people referendum. To my knowledge, neither was women's suffrage or the freedom of slaves. Are you arguing we should undo all those things because the people didn't vote for it, they were carried out by the Supreme Court and Legislature?

  10. #610
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You just did it again.

    I am not "left wing" it is not my name, and not my ideology. I am a Jeffersonian Constitutionalist for lack of a better term.

    I am not even getting into the bigotry you preach against Arabs as that is a thread all by itself.

    Your arguments and attitude exemplify the worst America has to offer. You would sacrifice freedom for security. You would sacrifice freedom for one group of people based on little more then ethnicity. You would sacrifice freedom in the name of God, who said to OBEY the laws of your government because HE is the one that put them in place.


    In the end you seem to feel anyone who disagrees with you is "left wing" whether they are or not.
    Like I told you when all your political beliefs are far left, I don't care what you call yourself you are a left winger. You may not know it but you are........Now this thread is not about me so please try and stay on the primary topic.......thanks.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •