Page 60 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #591
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You would think that these liberals would know the primary mission of the anus but it is obvious they don't..........
    I love how you say you don't care about other people's sex lives and then you make statements like these. Of course, this has nothing to do with lesbians, or with gay men who don't have anal sex. But don't let the obvious get in your way of making such remarks.

  2. #592
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by roderic View Post
    The Nazis have aptly shown what tolerance of intolerance can lead to.

    US liberals are far too accomodating towards the unacceptable IMO.
    So you miss the old Germany of 1939?

  3. #593
    Borg Commander roderic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Thailand
    Last Seen
    04-18-12 @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    879

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If gay marriage were recognized you would have to recognize the marriages of all other kinds of groups defined by their sexual preference............
    Any particular reason for this, or is this just a typical rightwing kneejerk reaction when losing an argument?
    "REGRETTABLE NECESSITY, n. An avoidable atrocity. The term is often employed by presidents and prime ministers when announcing bombings of civilian targets and invasions of small countries."
    óChaz Bufe

  4. #594
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I love how you say you don't care about other people's sex lives and then you make statements like these. Of course, this has nothing to do with lesbians, or with gay men who don't have anal sex. But don't let the obvious get in your way of making such remarks.
    I don't care but that does not mean I don't know the primary mission of the anus as you seem to not know..............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #595
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If gay marriage were recognized you would have to recognize the marriages of all other kinds of groups defined by their sexual preference............
    Do you mean like a man or woman marring their donkey? The last I checked donkeys are not allowed to enter into any type of contract like a marriage contract. And I do not see that happening in the future.

  6. #596
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by roderic View Post
    Any particular reason for this, or is this just a typical rightwing kneejerk reaction when losing an argument?


    Yes my left wing friend its called the 14th amendment, the equal protecttion clause..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #597
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post


    Yeah, better to go along with the bigots for the sake of little Johnny!
    So you're saying that God is a bigot?

  8. #598
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Do you mean like a man or woman marring their donkey? The last I checked donkeys are not allowed to enter into any type of contract like a marriage contract. And I do not see that happening in the future.
    You said that, not me..............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #599
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Black....you've been arond long enough to see Navy jump to the defense of the Republican party at every attack.
    When have you ever seen Navy say anything negative about the Republican party....yet......he's too ashamed to admit what he is.....and yet, he condemns others from hiding behind their profiles.

    I guess it depends on what you mean by "Conservative". If you define it as a big government social agenda...then yes....Navy is very conservative.
    But that isn't how most people that I believe are true conservatives define themselves.
    What is a true conservative? Please define without using Wikipedia.

  10. #600
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If gay marriage were recognized you would have to recognize the marriages of all other kinds of groups defined by their sexual preference............
    Actually, you are wrong. Same sex marriage can be approved under the grounds that a strong evidence base shows that it is beneficial to both partcipants and that same sex couples can raise children just as well as different sex couples. Can you provide such an evidence base for polygamous families? Incestuous couples? People who want to have sex with animals or children? I don't think so.

    In addition to that, up to 8 to 10 million children of gay parents and same sex couples would benefit from same sex marriage. Can you argue anywhere near that number of children would benefit from incestuous marriage? Polygamous marriage?

    Trying to oversimply this argument isn't going to work. The parental evidence and number of children who would benefit are factors supporting same sex marriage, and there is no such parental evidence or number of children who would benefit from recognizing other forms of marriage like polygamy or incestuous.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •