Page 47 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #461
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    The fact remains that without some external help two gays can not make a baby on their own......
    Sometimes many straight cannot make a baby on their own without aid. Are you going to discriminate against them as well?
    Seriously, Navy....is Sperm donation where you make the distinction?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #462
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    I am here to backup Navy Pride's argument that 2 men or 2 women cannot make a baby. He has had to repeat his argument over and over but no one here seems to be accepting it. He is correct, whether any of you want to admit it or not.
    Fine...but are you going to deny "marriage" to couples who cannot procreate or choose not to?

    Seems like you would have to if you base "marriage" solely on the able for a man to impregnate a female (which....incidentallly....occurs with or without a marriage certificate)
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #463
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    There are any number of ways a gay couple could get a baby, some involving previous strait relationships, artificial insemination or surrogate mother arrangements, adoption, fostering, and others.
    But none of them are by themselves.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #464
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Never, 14th amendment also applies to polygamy, and other groups defined by their sexual preference......you want them to marry to my left wing friend......well if you allow gays you have to allow them........

    You even have to allow fathers and daughters, daughters and mothers, fahers and sons, etc who want to marry for the benefits provided. They would of course refrain from all sexual activity....

    All of these people are protected by the 14th amendment you so flippantly quote........You allow gays, you have to allow them to.............
    Navy....yet again...demostrating that he doesn't understand equal protection analysis.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #465
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Never my left wing friend...Straights couples are societys norm....
    Hypocrisy noted.

    btw, I'm a libertarian; not left wing.

  6. #466
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sometimes many straight cannot make a baby on their own without aid. Are you going to discriminate against them as well?
    Seriously, Navy....is Sperm donation where you make the distinction?
    But they are what is accepted as the norm..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #467
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Fine...but are you going to deny "marriage" to couples who cannot procreate or choose not to?
    Seems like you would have to if you base "marriage" solely on the able for a man to impregnate a female (which....incidentallly....occurs with or without a marriage certificate)
    Again they are what society considers the norm...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #468
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Never, 14th amendment also applies to polygamy, and other groups defined by their sexual preference......you want them to marry to my left wing friend......well if you allow gays you have to allow them........

    You even have to allow fathers and daughters, daughters and mothers, fahers and sons, etc who want to marry for the benefits provided. They would of course refrain from all sexual activity....

    All of these people are protected by the 14th amendment you so flippantly quote........You allow gays, you have to allow them to.............
    As long as government is involved in marriage, then ALL forms of adult consensual relationships should be allowed.

  9. #469
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Hypocrisy noted.

    btw, I'm a libertarian; not left wing.
    You can put anything beside your name but when it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck its usually a duck..........stand up for your political beliefs.....I am a conservative...I wear my conservatism on my arm like a badge of courage.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #470
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    As long as government is involved in marriage, then ALL forms of adult consensual relationships should be allowed.
    So if I want 5 wives then that is OK with you huh?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •