Page 46 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #451
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    I am here to backup Navy Pride's argument that 2 men or 2 women cannot make a baby. He has had to repeat his argument over and over but no one here seems to be accepting it. He is correct, whether any of you want to admit it or not.
    Of course they can't.

    Now explain what relevance procreation has to marriage?

  2. #452
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Of course they can't.

    Now explain what relevance procreation has to marriage?
    Marriage shoud take place before a child is born. How else is the child to have his rightful name and birthright? Do you want all children to be born as bastards outside of wedlock?

  3. #453
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Is there a point to this biology lesson?
    Yes. He is demonstrating the naturalistic logical fallacy for us all... and at the same time demonstrating an illogical and therefore irrelevant argument.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #454
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    I am here to backup Navy Pride's argument that 2 men or 2 women cannot make a baby. He has had to repeat his argument over and over but no one here seems to be accepting it. He is correct, whether any of you want to admit it or not.
    He can repeat his argument all he wants. It is irrelevant as to the issue of GM. THAT'S the point y'all are missing.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #455
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Marriage shoud take place before a child is born. How else is the child to have his rightful name and birthright? Do you want all children to be born as bastards outside of wedlock?
    SHOULD. All that is, is your opinion. Means nothing if you are trying to prove something in debate.

    And your comment is a strawman. He never said what you are claiming.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #456
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    SHOULD. All that is, is your opinion. Means nothing if you are trying to prove something in debate.

    And your comment is a strawman. He never said what you are claiming.
    It's not my opinon, but merely the truth, and perhaps we should hear from Navy Pride, since his interpreters are not doing a good job. Better still, what does God have to say about this arrangement?
    Last edited by bicycleman; 01-08-10 at 09:22 PM.

  7. #457
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Marriage shoud take place before a child is born. How else is the child to have his rightful name and birthright?
    Little Lord Bicycleman, son of the Duke and Duchess of Bicyclemania. Heir to the Bicycle fortune...?




    Do you want all children to be born as bastards outside of wedlock?
    Yeah, that's EXACTLY what this is all about. A leftist conspiracy to create a country of little bastards.... Jesus Christ, don't be thick!

  8. #458
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Marriage shoud take place before a child is born. How else is the child to have his rightful name and birthright? Do you want all children to be born as bastards outside of wedlock?
    That's a moral issue and has no relevance since your morality isn't my morality.

    But since you're hung up on this marriage-procreation bit too, how long would you give a straight married couple to produce a baby before terminating their marriage: 1 year?, 2 years? 3 years? other?

  9. #459
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    A couple making their own baby seems to be an important issue for you.

    When should a straight couple's marriage be terminated for failing to make their own baby?
    • after 1 year?
    • after 2 years?
    • after 3 years?
    • other
    Never my left wing friend...Straights couples are societys norm....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #460
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    NP -- you struck out pages ago....

    Social conservative logic hits a wall when it runs into the 14 amendment.
    Never, 14th amendment also applies to polygamy, and other groups defined by their sexual preference......you want them to marry to my left wing friend......well if you allow gays you have to allow them........

    You even have to allow fathers and daughters, daughters and mothers, fahers and sons, etc who want to marry for the benefits provided. They would of course refrain from all sexual activity....

    All of these people are protected by the 14th amendment you so flippantly quote........You allow gays, you have to allow them to.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •