Page 180 of 184 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #1791
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you believe it because some guy wrote a book in '96, and it said what you wanted it to? What about the fact even if being gay is not genetic, it may still be something beyond a persons control? What about the legitimate studies which show that orientation is determined very early in life and does not appear to change? What about the overwhelming body of evidence that says that orientation is not a choice? Oh wait, all that is inconvenient, so you will just dismiss it.
    This has nothing to do with what one guy has claimed.

    Over and over and over again from every single case it has been proven a genetic link to homosexuality has not been found. You must accept it on faith to believe there is since it has zero scientific basis.

    We've heard every ridiculous argument to the claim because homosexuality has been found in history it must be genetic to studies on flies which prove nothing to a twin study which couldn't even find a link between twins 50% of the time.

    You want to continue down this fantasy road go right ahead but there is zero hard scientific data to support this faith based theory of yours.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #1792
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Murder is an innate trait? Where do you get that?
    Humans are by nature, violent creatures. That's what I was trying to get at...

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Good. You understand the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior. Many do not.
    Of course I do.




    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Your first question in this sentence is the problem with the anti-GM argument. Whether or not it is "right" is irrelevant because that is a value judgment. Is it "right" to allow women to vote? Is it "right" to allow blacks to marry whites? Is it "right" to allow Jews to own businesses? These are all value judgments and illogical when leading to the second part of your question. That part, "should society encourage such" could be answered by answering this question: does it benefit society? One first needs to define benefits to society before answering this question, however.

    Many things do not benefit society, yet we allow them.

    Smoking holds ZERO benefits. As does Alcohol consumption. Illegal Drug Use (which many want to make legal for example).

    The Gay issue isn't one of benefits, it's one of emotion. Both sides have valid points, both sides get carried away.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #1793
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post

    Smoking holds ZERO benefits. As does Alcohol consumption. Illegal Drug Use (which many want to make legal for example).

    The Gay issue isn't one of benefits, it's one of emotion. Both sides have valid points, both sides get carried away.
    Hey, don't knock alcohol consumption. It has on many, many occasions helped get me laid.

    Other than that I agree with ya.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  4. #1794
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Murder is an innate trait people act upon. Does that make it right?
    No

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I'm not equating murder to homosexuality, rather I'm pointing out that even IF it is a genetic pre-disposition... you cannot deny that one must CHOOSE to act on said desires.
    Then by the same token, if you believe that homosexuality is a choice, then you must also believe that heterosexuality is, too. After all, if homosexuals are, in your words, choosing "to act on said desires", then so are heterosexuals.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    The real question is, is it RIGHT to do so, and further more should society encourage such.
    If that's the question, it's been answered already through observation and numerous unbiased scientific studies. Yes, it is indeed right to act on homosexual desires with a consenting partner. Yes, homosexuality is entirely normal, natural, and acceptable. Yes, society should encourage life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and if that means shacking up with a member of the same sex, have at it.

  5. #1795
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    Hey, don't knock alcohol consumption. It has on many, many occasions helped get me laid.

    Other than that I agree with ya.
    I don't know if your getting laid is a benefit to society....
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #1796
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I don't appreciate being called ignorant OR Stupid, and CC thanking you is out of line. Do your job MODERATOR.

    Or is it okay now to call others ignorant and stupid for not agreeing with one now?

    Hey, it's not my fault CC is ignorant to the fact that Gay Marriage WILL lead to Polygamy, and you just can't cure that kinda stupid.
    Oh boo-****ing-hoo.

    If you didn't make ignorant and stupid posts and then turn around and confess that your mind will not be swayed from the ignorant and stupid things you say, then people would not be so inclined to transfer the ignorant and stupid qualities of your words to the owner of the mouth that speaks them.

  7. #1797
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I don't know if your getting laid is a benefit to society....
    LOL! Funny and true!
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  8. #1798
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Humans are by nature, violent creatures. That's what I was trying to get at...
    OK, violence... a lot different than murder, but I'll accept that. Again, there is a difference between an innate quality and the acting on that quality. Seems like you understand that.

    Of course I do.
    I spend scores of posts trying to teach a few posters the difference. They STILL didn't get it.






    Many things do not benefit society, yet we allow them.

    Smoking holds ZERO benefits. As does Alcohol consumption. Illegal Drug Use (which many want to make legal for example).

    The Gay issue isn't one of benefits, it's one of emotion. Both sides have valid points, both sides get carried away.
    I disagree. It is one of benefits. We are looking at comparison's here. The issue is that straight marriage is legal and gay marriage is not... yet gay marriage has all the benefits to the individual, the children, society, and the government that straight marriage does. This is why I argue from a logic position. It is illogical to have one and deny the other. There is no reasons OTHER than emotion to do that. If there is one, I haven't seen or heard it.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #1799
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    OK, violence... a lot different than murder, but I'll accept that. Again, there is a difference between an innate quality and the acting on that quality. Seems like you understand that.
    Despite my reputation, I am not that bullheaded

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I spend scores of posts trying to teach a few posters the difference. They STILL didn't get it.
    I think many "get it" they just refuse to compromise in their beliefs to admit it.







    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I disagree. It is one of benefits. We are looking at comparison's here. The issue is that straight marriage is legal and gay marriage is not... yet gay marriage has all the benefits to the individual, the children, society, and the government that straight marriage does. This is why I argue from a logic position. It is illogical to have one and deny the other. There is no reasons OTHER than emotion to do that. If there is one, I haven't seen or heard it.
    There are reasons not to do it. The behavior is historically considered deviant. Religious beliefs say they are bad for society. Two men, nor two women cannot reproduce on their own.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  10. #1800
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Oh boo-****ing-hoo.

    If you didn't make ignorant and stupid posts and then turn around and confess that your mind will not be swayed from the ignorant and stupid things you say, then people would not be so inclined to transfer the ignorant and stupid qualities of your words to the owner of the mouth that speaks them.
    Just because I don't embrace all things homosexual as being sunshine and lollipops does not make my stance stupid or ignorant.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •