Page 175 of 184 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #1741
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Why should I take this to PM CC?

    I'm not mucking up the thread with irrelevancies, I'm discussing the issue of Gay Marriage and this thread has meandered around quite a bit and it turned to the post-gay marriage situation.

    But of all the posters to opine here few are as arrogant as you in stating that only YOU have the facts on your side, only YOU have the judgment to determine right and wrong in this matter, and only YOUR sources, stances and beliefs are correct.

    All others that disagree with gay marriage, or those that realize once that wall falls (gay marriage becomes legal) polygamy is next, are wrong.

    Because YOU say so. And you're little followers like Critical Thought will fawn before you and yap at your feet agreeing with you in hopes you'll like them.

    It's down right sickening.

    You have your point of view, aces, you have your "sources" and you believe you are right.

    Great.
    Like I said and thought. This isn't about the issue. It's about me.

    But your hypocrisy is out for all to see, again. You're an egotistical hack on this. If this was a thread about Conservative Vs. Liberal policy, and a poster claimed he had the sources, and info showing his side was right, and all others are wrong, you'd be in here telling him to knock off the "partisan hackery".
    If someone shows credible sources, I would not. I do so when they do not, or when they misrepresent an issue. This is what you don't get.

    So, this is STILL about me, eh, MrV? You know, it was curious last night. NP's posts started to sound a bit like yours. Did you coach him at all? I'm just curious.



    But you ARE wrong, I am discussing the issue, you came in and mucked it up with your ego. If you don't want to discuss the issue of Gay Marriage and the probable fall out of that, because you have the definitive answer and there need be no discussion... you probably shouldn't post in this thread anymore as you have nothing left to say.
    Nah, I'll post where and when I want. Like I told you and like I have, I'll rebut anything you throw. You have offered no evidence that your slippery slope is based in reality. You post it, I show that.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #1742
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Same sex marriage... call em civil unions and we're good. Don't change the definition of "marriage".

    Is that so hard to grasp?

    Also you assume I'm arguing against the whole issue... I'm not.
    You posted a source that suggested children are at a greater risk of being molested by homosexuals than by heterosexuals. Either you are acknowledging that is bull, or you are saying you don't care that children wil be molested by homosexual couples in civil unions. Which is it?

    I'm pointing out that Polygamy is the next step in the line.
    Look at argument 1 in the first thread you quoted.

    Now do you want me to go through all the counterarguments on that issue. Such as the fact that none of the countries that have legalized same sex marriage have legalized polygamy, or all the differences between polygamy and same sex marriage that make them incomparable, or the fact that there is evidence supporting the societal benefits of same sex marriage but not polygamous marriages? Frankly, when you argue both sides of an issue, you know how to destroy the irrational arguments.

  3. #1743
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I wasn't using that as "irrefutable evidence" I was making a mockery of the claim "I have sources". It was a challenge for CC to post his sources.

    You get mad at me for posting a crappy source, but you fawn over CC and he hasn't posted any!

    Amazing.
    I have posted a multitude of sources on several occasions. They take up 3 entire posts... in the abridged version. The entire version takes up 5. Do you want me to post them? I'd be happy to, but since this is about me and not the issue, I see little point.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #1744
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Only rebuttal I can come up with is that you have completely misjudged what I do and what I believe. I am a little surprised because we have spoken at times. Then again, perhaps not.
    Yes we've spoken, but not about your profession. But I've noted an aire of superiority from you in these matters, maybe unintentionally. I did misjudge your rebuttal, usually it comes in like a bulldozer. I'm pleasantly surprised.

    Maybe my ex has significant problems.
    Last edited by American; 01-31-10 at 02:06 PM.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #1745
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Um... re: Old Data.



    Lerner and Nagai self-published in 2001. Not peer reviewed. They run a conservative consulting firm...

    Old data. Bad data. Not really data at all.

    Shall I go on?
    In short, while the Dutch triple wedding set the conservative blogosphere ablaze with warnings, same-sex marriage advocates dismissed the story as a silly stunt with absolutely no implications for the gay marriage debate. And how did America's mainstream media adjudicate the radically different responses of same-sex marriage advocates and opponents to events in the Netherlands? By ignoring the entire affair.

    Yet there is a story here. And it's bigger than even those chortling conservative websites claim. While Victor, Bianca, and Mirjam are joined by a private cohabitation contract rather than a state-registered partnership or a full-fledged marriage, their union has already made serious legal, political, and cultural waves in the Netherlands. To observers on both sides of the Dutch gay marriage debate, the De Bruijns' triple wedding is an unmistakable step down the road to legalized group marriage.

    More important, the De Bruijn wedding reveals a heretofore hidden dimension of the gay marriage phenomenon. The De Bruijns' triple marriage is a bisexual marriage. And, increasingly, bisexuality is emerging as a reason why legalized gay marriage is likely to result in legalized group marriage. If every sexual orientation has a right to construct its own form of marriage, then more changes are surely due. For what gay marriage is to homosexuality, group marriage is to bisexuality. The De Bruijn trio is the tip-off to the fact that a connection between bisexuality and the drive for multipartner marriage has been developing for some time.
    Here Come the Brides | The Weekly Standard
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #1746
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I have posted a multitude of sources on several occasions. They take up 3 entire posts... in the abridged version. The entire version takes up 5. Do you want me to post them? I'd be happy to, but since this is about me and not the issue, I see little point.
    Yes, please do.

    No offense sir, but this thread is now very long so digging through it is a bit of a muckracking experience no?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #1747
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Same sex marriage... call em civil unions and we're good. Don't change the definition of "marriage".

    Is that so hard to grasp?

    And if you hadn't made this issue a personal issue towards me for whatever reason that's going on in YOUR head, you would realize that this is my position, completely. But you see, MrV, you have been so hell bent on going after me for quite a while, now, that you have no idea on where I stand on anything. You have made this personal. At this point, I could care less if you EVER know. You are uninterested and just want to fight. Well guess what? I'm still going to debate you and call you out when you are wrong.

    Also you assume I'm arguing against the whole issue... I'm not.

    I'm pointing out that Polygamy is the next step in the line.
    Which you are wrong about.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #1748
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Like I said and thought. This isn't about the issue. It's about me.



    If someone shows credible sources, I would not. I do so when they do not, or when they misrepresent an issue. This is what you don't get.

    So, this is STILL about me, eh, MrV? You know, it was curious last night. NP's posts started to sound a bit like yours. Did you coach him at all? I'm just curious.





    Nah, I'll post where and when I want. Like I told you and like I have, I'll rebut anything you throw. You have offered no evidence that your slippery slope is based in reality. You post it, I show that.
    It really isn't about you, you just made a target, and now you'd rather have a discussion about how it's ALL ABOUT YOU, rather then face the fact that Gay Marriage WILL lead to group marriage.

    It's coming. All the tactics being used to promote gay marriage, all the small steps to make it legal... can be used by the group marriage (so much easier to type then polygamy..) advocates. Gay marriage will pave the way.

    You cannot prove that there is any legal reason why 3 people in love shouldn't be allowed to enter into a legally binding union.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #1749
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Yes we've spoken, but not about your profession. But I've noted an aire of superiority from you in these matters, maybe unintentionally.
    No, the superiority is probably intentional, though it absolutely depends on how I am approached. There are a few things in my life that I'm pretty good at and I present a lot of confidence when I discuss them.

    I did misjudge your rebuttal, usually it comes in like a bulldozer. I'm pleasantly surprised.
    Yeah, sometimes it does. Again, it depends on how I am approached. I liked your approach a lot... it wasn't attacking and it was considerate. Also, I haven't slept in 27 hours so I'm a bit mellow right now.

    Maybe my ex has significant problems.
    Yeah, could be.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #1750
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Yes, please do.

    No offense sir, but this thread is now very long so digging through it is a bit of a muckracking experience no?
    Well, I'm not sure if I posted them in this thread or not, but give me a moment to dig them up and edit some of the headers. I'll just post that children of gay relationships stuff. The rest really isn't pertinent.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •