Page 174 of 184 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #1731
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    No, I was poking a big stick in CC's argument that he has "sources". I took 20 seconds to find "counter" sources. No, I'm not gonna spend 2 hours finding peer reviewed sources with full bibliographies and source work. I rarely do that anymore. You know why? Cause people like yourself pop off with classic rebuttals like...

    "That's old data"
    "Well, your link for this part is from a biased source because they take money from Y and have an agenda"

    So it really doesn't matter what source I use, the predictable response is ALWAYS THE SAME.
    Your stick broke.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #1732
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    He does have sources. Sources that actually reference their sources.



    What counter sources? You found a website that doesn't even list its sources. Is CC suppose to be struck by how you countered the referenced journals of organizations like the American Pediatric Association with an anti gay rights website that doesn't even list its sources?




    So let me get this straight...you posted a source that you know is biased, which you know doesn't provide any degree of reference, and which you know is old data, so that you could argue that posting data is useless? Puh leez. All you have proven is that you don't have valid and substantial data to support your views so you will resort to posting crap and arguing that posting any data is a waste of your time. That is pathetic and intellectually dishonest to the nth degree.



    That might be because you don't seem to know how to obtain valid data or how to use it.
    This isn't about the sources or the issue, CriticalThought. This is about me, as I figured from his initial post.

    If you have something to say to ME, MrV, say it in PM. Don't muck up this thread with irrelevancies.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #1733
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    This isn't about the sources or the issue, CriticalThought. This is about me, as I figured from his initial post.

    If you have something to say to ME, MrV, say it in PM. Don't muck up this thread with irrelevancies.
    I'm starting to hate this forum.

    If you argue evidence, then you are told that arguing evidence is useless because their arguments are based on personal experience and "common sense", and those are apparently above evidence. Or they post really crappy evidence and pretend that their evidence somehow disputes your evidence.

    If you argue reason, then you are told arguing reason is useless because their views come from a source higher than human logic.

    If I can't argue with evidence or reason, then what do I have? I give up. I would have better luck debating with a wall.

  4. #1734
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I'm starting to hate this forum.

    If you argue evidence, then you are told that arguing evidence is useless because their arguments are based on personal experience and "common sense", and those are apparently above evidence. Or they post really crappy evidence and pretend that their evidence somehow disputes your evidence.

    If you argue reason, then you are told arguing reason is useless because their views come from a source higher than human logic.

    If I can't argue with evidence or reason, then what do I have? I give up. I would have better luck debating with a wall.
    Just argue reason or sources and when they post crap right back, get condescending and dismissive like I do. Tends to work fine.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #1735
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    This isn't about the sources or the issue, CriticalThought. This is about me, as I figured from his initial post.

    If you have something to say to ME, MrV, say it in PM. Don't muck up this thread with irrelevancies.
    Why should I take this to PM CC?

    I'm not mucking up the thread with irrelevancies, I'm discussing the issue of Gay Marriage and this thread has meandered around quite a bit and it turned to the post-gay marriage situation.

    But of all the posters to opine here few are as arrogant as you in stating that only YOU have the facts on your side, only YOU have the judgment to determine right and wrong in this matter, and only YOUR sources, stances and beliefs are correct.

    All others that disagree with gay marriage, or those that realize once that wall falls (gay marriage becomes legal) polygamy is next, are wrong.

    Because YOU say so. And you're little followers like Critical Thought will fawn before you and yap at your feet agreeing with you in hopes you'll like them.

    It's down right sickening.

    You have your point of view, aces, you have your "sources" and you believe you are right.

    Great.

    But your hypocrisy is out for all to see, again. You're an egotistical hack on this. If this was a thread about Conservative Vs. Liberal policy, and a poster claimed he had the sources, and info showing his side was right, and all others are wrong, you'd be in here telling him to knock off the "partisan hackery".



    But you ARE wrong, I am discussing the issue, you came in and mucked it up with your ego. If you don't want to discuss the issue of Gay Marriage and the probable fall out of that, because you have the definitive answer and there need be no discussion... you probably shouldn't post in this thread anymore as you have nothing left to say.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #1736
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Because YOU say so. And you're little followers like Critical Thought will fawn before you and yap at your feet agreeing with you in hopes you'll like them.
    Follower? Buahahahahah! Dude, you just suck at debating same sex marriage. Hell! I've done a better job of arguing against same sex marriage and homosexuality than you have!

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-an...-marriage.html
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-an...sexuality.html

    Get over yourself.

  7. #1737
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I'm starting to hate this forum.

    If you argue evidence, then you are told that arguing evidence is useless because their arguments are based on personal experience and "common sense", and those are apparently above evidence. Or they post really crappy evidence and pretend that their evidence somehow disputes your evidence.

    If you argue reason, then you are told arguing reason is useless because their views come from a source higher than human logic.

    If I can't argue with evidence or reason, then what do I have? I give up. I would have better luck debating with a wall.
    I wasn't using that as "irrefutable evidence" I was making a mockery of the claim "I have sources". It was a challenge for CC to post his sources.

    You get mad at me for posting a crappy source, but you fawn over CC and he hasn't posted any!

    Amazing.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #1738
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Follower? Buahahahahah! Dude, you just suck at debating same sex marriage. Hell! I've done a better job of arguing against same sex marriage and homosexuality than you have!

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-an...-marriage.html
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-an...sexuality.html

    Get over yourself.
    Same sex marriage... call em civil unions and we're good. Don't change the definition of "marriage".

    Is that so hard to grasp?

    Also you assume I'm arguing against the whole issue... I'm not.

    I'm pointing out that Polygamy is the next step in the line.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #1739
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I wasn't using that as "irrefutable evidence" I was making a mockery of the claim "I have sources". It was a challenge for CC to post his sources.

    You get mad at me for posting a crappy source, but you fawn over CC and he hasn't posted any!

    Amazing.
    He has posted them before, and some are quite good.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #1740
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    No, I was poking a big stick in CC's argument that he has "sources". I took 20 seconds to find "counter" sources. No, I'm not gonna spend 2 hours finding peer reviewed sources with full bibliographies and source work. I rarely do that anymore. You know why? Cause people like yourself pop off with classic rebuttals like...

    "That's old data"
    "Well, your link for this part is from a biased source because they take money from Y and have an agenda"

    So it really doesn't matter what source I use, the predictable response is ALWAYS THE SAME.
    Um... re: Old Data.

    According to the recent quantitative analysis on same-sex parenting by Lerner and Nagai, 49 American studies, which advocate homosexual parenting, have fatal flaws, rendering them statistically invalid (non-representative samples, imprecise hypotheses, confused political objectives, etc.).
    Lerner and Nagai self-published in 2001. Not peer reviewed. They run a conservative consulting firm...

    Old data. Bad data. Not really data at all.

    Shall I go on?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •