Page 158 of 184 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #1571
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Some things do get by me. Blatant contradictions such as yours....don't.

    Translation:

    Meeeh...I'm Charlses Martel, I think being moronic and dense is a trait to be proud of. If I can't argue against your points, I'll create one for you and argue against that one instead.

  2. #1572
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and take the points for stating the obvious: you, sir, are a ****ing idiot and if brains were gunpowder, you wouldn't have enough to blow your goddamned nose.
    The actual idiocy and blatant contradiction for all to see:

    The definition of marriage is.....Given the natural tendancy of the human being to choose life-long mates and that being directly tied to the pursuit of one's happiness, the state makes concessions for us to choose one person to be irreplacable to us.........but marriage is like any other contract.

    You're really wrong here and have destroyed your own argument. Sorry.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  3. #1573
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    "the state makes concessions for us to choose one person to be irreplacable to us........."

    ...is perhaps my favorite and.....like every other contract characteristic.

    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  4. #1574
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    The actual idiocy and blatant contradiction for all to see:

    The definition of marriage is.....Given the natural tendancy of the human being to choose life-long mates and that being directly tied to the pursuit of one's happiness, the state makes concessions for us to choose one person to be irreplacable to us.........but marriage is like any other contract.

    You're really wrong here and have destroyed your own argument. Sorry.
    That's all a very mealy mouthed and convenient way to paraphrase two completely separate parts of the conversation and merge them into the argument you would like to build, but everyone who followed this thread and the other that you merged into that argument knows that you are not only dumber than a box of rocks but you are also a liar, to boot.

    It's like I said, if you can't win the argument by actually discussing the issues, by all means, create some other argument to have with yourself.

    You're really only proving everything I said to be true the further you take this.

  5. #1575
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    "the state makes concessions for us to choose one person to be irreplacable to us........."

    ...is perhaps my favorite and.....like every other contract characteristic.

    My favorite is when a retarded chimp tries to play off that he's making an intelligent argument. Keep dancing for us, monkey boy.

  6. #1576
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Given the natural tendancy of the human being to choose life-long mates
    This is kinda funny to me, considering that most people don't.

  7. #1577
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    This is kinda funny to me, considering that most people don't.
    Actually, most people do. You should probably come up with statistics before you start down a Charlie Martel trip, too.

  8. #1578
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That's all a very mealy mouthed and convenient way to paraphrase two completely separate parts of the conversation and merge them into the argument you would like to build, but everyone who followed this thread and the other that you merged into that argument knows that you are not only dumber than a box of rocks but you are also a liar, to boot.
    1) Marriage is like any other contract
    2) Marriage is, given the natural tendancy of the human being to choose life-long mates and that being directly tied to the pursuit of one's happiness, the state makes concessions for us to choose one person to be irreplacable to us

    A blatant contradiction, your denials now amusing and weak.

    You're really only proving everything I said to be true the further you take this.
    I'll be taking it....and processing..and putting actual quotes you cannot deny saying rather weakly attempt to explain...and I'm staying right here. I think you look wishy washy, I'm enjoying watching you squirm like a worm on the end of a sharp hook.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  9. #1579
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    My favorite is when a retarded chimp tries to play off that he's making an intelligent argument. Keep dancing for us, monkey boy.
    Didn't you report me for a bong hit reference....and now calling me a retarded chimp. You know, rather than go running to mods like a school child who has had his turn on the swing stolen like you did.......I'll just expose to our members yet another blatant contradiction on your part.

    You're giving yourself away, J, emotion is so dangerous in debate. Learn that.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  10. #1580
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    1) Marriage is like any other contract
    2) Marriage is, given the natural tendancy of the human being to choose life-long mates and that being directly tied to the pursuit of one's happiness, the state makes concessions for us to choose one person to be irreplacable to us

    A blatant contradiction, your denials now amusing and weak.



    I'll be taking it....and processing..and putting actual quotes you cannot deny saying rather weakly attempt to explain...and I'm staying right here. I think you look wishy washy, I'm enjoying watching you squirm like a worm on the end of a sharp hook.
    There's no contradiction. You also failed to note how I stated that marriage is just like other contracts in a completely different side topic from the second one you posted. You are trying to confuse the "how" with the "why" and in the process only proving that the failure here is yours in that you can't comprehend simple concepts.

    If you think giving half the story is going to serve to diminish what a liar and an idiot you are proving yourself to be, you are sadly mistaken.
    Last edited by jallman; 01-28-10 at 03:42 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •