Page 157 of 184 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #1561
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    Wait a minute... How did my name end up there? Did I somehow wander into the pro-GML camp on accident?
    Sincere apologies, I made a mistake here. Wrong P.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  2. #1562
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by phildozer9121 View Post
    You're either missing the point, or just deflecting.
    Uhhh....yer makin analogies between ssm and Catholic Communion.....and I'm the one missing the point or deflecting? Yeah...whatever, Phil.

    People have rights.
    And the right to define their own institutions part of those rights, correct?

    I'm a catholic, it's my right to believe what I want, to follow my practice, no matter how strange or weird some people may think it is, so long as it doesn't violate US laws.
    I am too. The fact that you'd compare the wine used for Communion to same sex marriage is odd. Sorry.

    There is no where in the constitution, nor will there ever be any place in the constitution that states that one man cannot love another man in more than a platonic way.
    I hope not. I love several men. Many I'd take a bullet for, many I've Godfathered children for. I know their wives and children, I know their brothers and sisters and parents. I love a few of them as dearly as I love my immediate family. So what.

    You don't have to believe that homosexuality is right, like jews dont have to believe that your eating the body and blood of jesus is right, but it still must be allowed, because to do otherwise is to discriminate. Plain and simple.
    Horse droppings. There is no law that says it must be allowed, in fact, current law states that it must not be allowed. Read your rule of law.
    Last edited by Charles Martel; 01-28-10 at 10:37 AM.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  3. #1563
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Emotional rants personally insults...both irrelevant here, can we please stick to the issue on the thread, I'm not going to speak to comprehension or thinking skills on your part, I trust this will be the last time we hear from you on thiese matter. Leave your emotions at the door.



    Backpedaling as fast as Lance Armstrong forwardpedals I see. Cause..."every contract has characteristics that are alike" is certainly a far cry from "marriage is like any other contract"....your retreat noted and appreceiated.



    So today it's, characterictics are the alike, purposes are unique?

    And rather than smug, I merely use your argument. That is:

    Given the natural tendancy of the human being to choose life-long mates and that being directly tied to the pursuit of one's happiness, the state makes concessions for us to choose one person to be irreplacable to us.

    Now...that is quite unique in character, quite unique in purpose, quite unique everywhere but in your unfounded denials. There is NO other contracts based on natural tendencies of the human being to choose life long mates as you put it. Marriage quite unique in that it is tied to one's own happiness...according to you. What other contract........rather than insults and wish wash excuses..merely blow my argument from the water and provide me the contract....any other than marriage....where the State is making concessions based on 'us choosing one person irreplaceable'.

    You cannot. We both know it. Rather than admit your mistake here and admit marriage is quite a unique contract with quite unique constituent interest with compelling reasons for society placing rules on it. Now...we may disagree with the rules...let's not disagree with society's right to define it...or that it is quite unique and needing unique definition.

    You made the colossal error of defining it yourself, J, I used your exact words above. YOUR definition is quite unique and therefore, I use it to destroy your argument that marriage is like any other contract.

    Cause according to you, it's not.
    I've just never seen anyone act so smug as you about failing to understand the simplest of concepts.

  4. #1564
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I've just never seen anyone act so smug as you about failing to understand the simplest of concepts.
    I've never seen anyone destroy their own argument before, I must hand it to you, your contradiction here one of the most obvious I've ever seen.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  5. #1565
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    I've never seen anyone destroy their own argument before, I must hand it to you, your contradiction here one of the most obvious I've ever seen.
    You created this whole side issue and then fluffed yourself over having created it. There was no destruction of my argument...just you failing to comprehend simple similarity and difference illustrations.

    I don't see how you remain so smug about being so dense.

  6. #1566
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    You created this whole side issue and then fluffed yourself over having created it.
    You defined marriage in a most unique manner after having just blurted out marriage was like any other contract. Your contradiction blatant, your position hypocritical and now exposed as quite political.

    We're done here.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  7. #1567
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    You defined marriage in a most unique manner after having just blurted out marriage was like any other contract. Your contradiction blatant, your position hypocritical and now exposed as quite political.

    We're done here.
    Yeah you've been done for a while, champ. You haven't made a valid point in pages because you keep obsessing over your inability to understand simple comparison and contrast and then you preen and strut with all the pride of a bantum rooster at your failure to comprehend.

    But you have been amusing if nothing else. And uh...genius, it's a political debate site. Of course our positions are political.

    Nothing gets by you, huh?
    Last edited by jallman; 01-28-10 at 03:13 PM.

  8. #1568
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    But you have been amusing if nothing else.
    Amusing I'll take as a compliment.......however....come in here blathering off about the definition of marriage and how unique it is and then contradicting your own argument will be taken to task. Now, I'm sorry if that upsets you. Throw such a blatant contradiction out.....it's gonna get pancaked. Like it or not.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  9. #1569
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Amusing I'll take as a compliment.......however....come in here blathering off about the definition of marriage and how unique it is and then contradicting your own argument will be taken to task. Now, I'm sorry if that upsets you. Throw such a blatant contradiction out.....it's gonna get pancaked. Like it or not.
    Pancaked. Now that's a good one. I don't see what's so ****ing hard to understand about "these are all alike in this way" and "this is unique in this way". But obviously, you do and you find that lack of comprehension to be something to be proud of so who am I to burst your little bubble if it brings you so much comfort?

    I'm gonna go ahead and take the points for stating the obvious: you, sir, are a ****ing idiot and if brains were gunpowder, you wouldn't have enough to blow your goddamned nose.

    Like it or not.

  10. #1570
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Nothing gets by you, huh?
    Some things do get by me. Blatant contradictions such as yours....don't.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •