Page 143 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #1421
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Kids, now a days have become more liberal on a lot of Issues.
    Kids grow up, no surprise those that aren't married understand it the least.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  2. #1422
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Kids grow up, no surprise those that aren't married understand it the least.
    Yeap, it sad thought. I am going to at least keep a little heart of a child in me.

  3. #1423
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    The Funny Thing about kids. They generally don't have any prejudism or discriminatory ideas until those ideas are taught to them.

    We should all see the world much more like children.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #1424
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And more and more older people are losing the fear of coming out.
    But those people already vote in referendum to approve or disapprove of same sex marriage, so, I can't see that changing numbers. Younger people do approve of same sex marriage at a higher % but...they're young. Everyone grows up, everyone matures, everyone gets a tad more conservative.

    The less educated more idealistic more apt to believe propaganda, I can see where that would see a higher % of support. But...young adults do age...do grow up....do change their mind on oh so many issues.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  5. #1425
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The Funny Thing about kids. They generally don't have any prejudism or discriminatory ideas until those ideas are taught to them.

    We should all see the world much more like children.
    I agree, they don't see race, creed as a bad thing. They're taught to them by their parents. Actually, people of who are older are seeing more averages for same sex marriage.





    From, this chart you will see that people of higher age tend to be for same sex as well.
    Last edited by RyrineaHaruno; 01-25-10 at 05:33 PM.

  6. #1426
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    I agree, they don't see race, creed as a bad thing. They're taught to them by their parents.
    Which explains the exponential growth in acceptance of gay marriage over the last decade.

    The wheels are in motion...its only a matter of time. But those who favor discrimination will continue to hold on til the bitter end.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #1427
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Which explains the exponential growth in acceptance of gay marriage over the last decade.

    The wheels are in motion...its only a matter of time. But those who favor discrimination will continue to hold on til the bitter end.
    Yeap, I agree the wheels are in motion. We need to bust out those heavy guns.

  8. #1428
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    But those who favor discrimination will continue to hold on til the bitter end.
    Or rewrite their state Constitutions settling the issue.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  9. #1429
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    The less educated more idealistic more apt to believe propaganda, I can see where that would see a higher % of support. But...young adults do age...do grow up....do change their mind on oh so many issues.
    Less educated oh man you are riot. The more education one has the more likely they are to accept gays as equals.

  10. #1430
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Same sex marriage isn't 0-31 in referendum? The vast majority of Americans don't oppose same sex marriage? You yourself don't use the state to deny others their definitions of marriage? You can't marry your first cousin or brother in your state?

    All of these things I've been claiming.......you're saying aren't true?

    J.....we both know they are true. We both know I'm correct here...and we both know that you yourself....deny others in the exact same manner as I do....and you continue to whine. I'm not the one with the credibility issue here, you're getting emotional. Let's stick to the facts.....and the reality you cannot argue with.
    No Charles...you have demonstrated a total lack of ability to stay on point. You have demonstrated a total lack of ability to comprehend an argument. You have demonstrated a talent for claiming your opinion to be fact and then completely failing to offer any form of relevant evidence for why we should take your opinion as fact. Then you claim you won the internets.

    And to top it all off, you continually step off point and try to make the issue about your unfounded assessment of my "emotional state". Let me fill you in on my emotional state, sparky...it's called mirth. There is nothing to be emotional over because you have presented nothing that diminishes my arguments. And even if you had, you can ask anyone here...I would be inclined to look at your evidence and re-evaluate my stance. But so far, your drivel has done nothing more than prove that you would argue with the very rain about where it comes from and get your ass on your shoulders when the sound of its patter on the rooftop didn't affirm your argument.

    Now, do you have anything of relevance to present or are we done here?
    Last edited by jallman; 01-25-10 at 05:45 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •